Google + forced on Youtubers. Who hates it or loves it?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Nov 9, 2013.

?

Google + takeover on Youtube.

1. Hate it

34 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. Love it

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. LIVEFRMNYC, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013

LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I personally think it sucks!!!

EDIT:

Things I hate about Google + being forced on Youtubers.

If I reply to someone. I end up being notified in my Gmail and Google + every time someone replies to the same user I replied too. I just want to be notified if it's a direct reply to me. It's almost equivalent to subscribing to a thread and getting notified every single posting. When this happens in bunches, sometimes it will just group some replies into the same notification. I don't even want any notifications unless someone is replying to me directly.

I have to uncheck "also share on Goggle +" before every comment. If I forget(which is easy to do) it will send to my circles.

I'm starting to notice Google + comments on some vids and it's starting to look like a twitter feed with hashtagging and all.

The following is not really Google + related, but started right after the integration of Google +.

The comment rating, replies, and even sorting comments tab is all screwed up. You can have a comment that you can't reply to, and another you can on the same video. Same goes with rating. It's just overall inconsistent.

When you see a comment that is quoted to be "in reply to". You were able to click on it and the original comment replied to would pull up flawlessly. Now it opens a new tab or window.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

People felt the same way with spotify and Facebook but we don't hear too much about that now a days.

Yeah people are griping, but it won't stop people from using youtube (no real competition) and so this will blow over in a few weeks

I think you need a third option - I don't care. I neither hate/nor love the decision

3. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

It really doesn't affect me.

Since I don't hate it, I chose love. I'd rather have it than not.

4. cube macrumors G5

You don't need Facebook to use Spotify.

5. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

I'll contribute my vote to the really don't care list. Doesn't bother me none

6. sliceoftoast macrumors 6502

sliceoftoast

Agreed also the fact that to watch something you have to sit through stupid adds

7. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

The word "hate" is not strong enough to describe how I feel about this.

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Don't really care. I don't have a youtube account. I just watch stuff on there occasionally.

9. kolax macrumors G3

You don't need Google+ to use YouTube. What's your point?

10. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

11. cube macrumors G5

At the beginning you needed Facebook to use Spotify. See what the other poster was saying.

You now comment on YouTube via Google+

12. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

So you want people to make content for free?

13. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Uh yeah. That is what youtube is about. Is it not?

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No you didn't. Spotify didn't require Facebook to log in. I know this because I did not have to do it. It was literally a week after I signed up that it forced you to log in using your FB account.

15. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

No.

It's about you getting content for free, that's a separate idea. The advertisements pay for it instead of there being a fee. People like iJustine, Lamarr Wilson, and channels like TYT, all rely on there being revenue.

Would you do your job for free?

16. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Spotify did not have Facebook login until after the US launch.

I use MacTubes, so it doesn't really affect me. I haven't posted a comment on YouTube since about 2010/11.

The comments on YouTube were getting so out of control. People don't know how to just click the back arrow when they don't like something and move on. People are not being responsible on the internet, so Google is forcing it upon people because of that.

17. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I don't really care either way. I watch videos on YouTube but I don't comment on them. What I DO think will happen is we'll see a significant reduction in the inflamatory-type comments because the commenter doesn't want their actual name associated with the comment. People like to hide behind pen-names so they can say whatever they want.

By the way, on the Android tablet YouTube app, there's a simple check box right above or below (I don't recall) the box where you type your comment, checking the box (default) also posts the comment to G+, unchecking keeps it on YouTube only.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Your poll is missing an option. Love, Hate should not be the only two options.

I log into YouTube using my Google account. I don't see a big deal in that. What is the complaint exactly?

19. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

No youtube was started so that people could share video's. It wasn't started to start a business. Sorry that came later when google purchased and people could not monetize and create sites dedicated to their content. In the beginning youtube was not about making money. It was about a place to share video's.

If you can make a living off youtube, then by all means.

20. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

And the only way you can make a living off YouTube is... advertising. Seriously, it's like the chicken and egg thing. But, yes, YouTube started off so much smaller and as so much less than it is now. You didn't have any news there, you didn't have people making professional videos every day, you didn't have a lot of things that you have now.

21. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Which goes back to what I was saying, content for free, yes. If you are starting a business out of youtube videos and you put adds. So be it. But don't expect me to pay for said content on youtube. There are other methods to make someone pay for said content.

22. cube macrumors G5

Whatever. The point is that Spotify required Facebook at some point and now it doesn't.

23. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Don't care. I don't ever comment on YouTube videos. And even if I needed to register a G+ account to watch videos on YouTube, big deal? It's still free, and it doesn't mean I need to actually fill out and use the G+ account. Sounds like a minor annoyance at most.

24. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

as do I and have no problem.

25. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Create a fake Google+ account and it's all good.