Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Google One app for iPhone and iPad appears to have mysteriously disappeared from the App Store this morning, and it is no longer available for download.

google-one-app.jpg

As noted on Reddit, attempting to download the Google One app in the United States and Canada pops up an error message that says "App Not Available."

google-one-missing.jpg

It is not clear why the app has been removed from the App Store at this time, and we've asked both Google and Apple for an explanation.

The app's disappearance comes just a day after Google brought its Google One VPN service to iPhone and iPad users. The VPN functionality is available as part of Google One Premium, priced at $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year.

Update: The Google One app is once again available for download from the App Store. There is no word on why it was temporarily missing.

Article Link: Google One Disappears From App Store a Day After VPN Launch [Update: Google One is Back in the App Store]

Last edited:

hmark8

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
One would think Apple would have simply not approved it all if it was violating policies, unless perhaps the app binary itself wasn't but something on Google's end was as soon as it went live.

andya410

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2022
Google issued a press release saying Google One and the VPN was now available for IOS. I stupidly thought I'd try it for a month but guess what, after I downloaded the app, the VPN was no where to be found. Contacts with Google nerds were of no help. They knew not what they were doing. I'm guessing that is the reason the app was pulled from the App Store. It was Google! I should have known better. Mea culpa!

• Disagree
Reactions: Huck and The Clark

PhireWare

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2008
VPN companies can’t access your data. That’s the whole point of a VPN. Absolute security.
You don't actually believe that do you? You're routing all of your internet traffic through a company's servers, of course they can see your data if they want to. Your ISP might not be able to see your traffic, but the VPN company sure can. Some VPN companies are just better at protecting your privacy and purposely not collecting certain data, but knowing Google, they're going to collect as much as they can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.