Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Google today announced several new features that are available to Google One subscribers who have the Google Photos app, including the Magic Eraser tool that was previously only available on the Google Pixel 6 and the Google Pixel 7.

google-one-magic-eraser.jpg

Google One members on all plans can use the Magic Eraser tool to remove unwanted objects and people from their photos in the Google Photos app for iPhone and iPad.

There's also a new HDR video effect and exclusive collage styles in the Google Photos app, which adds to the exclusive tools available to Google One subscribers. Existing features include Portrait light, Portrait Blur, color focus, smart suggestions, HDR effects, and sky effects.

In addition to these new features, Google is also providing free shipping on all print orders to its Google One members. The features are rolling out starting today and will be available to all Google One members over the coming weeks. These features are also rolling out to those who have older Pixel devices with no Google One membership required.

Google One is Google's all-in-one cloud storage and VPN feature. Pricing starts at $1.99 per month and that tier unlocks the Google Photos functionality, but getting VPN access requires the 2TB plan priced at $9.99 per month.

Article Link: Google Photos for iOS Now Supports Magic Eraser Tool for Google One Subscribers

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Apple needs to get this incorporated ASAP. I love that feature, and want it baked into iOS without need of a 3rd party.
Sadly this is why I still have a lot of Google stuff.
- Drive is better for collaboration with others and is a full fledged website vs iCloud
- Gmail actually has instant notifications vs Mail only updates when the app is opened
- Photos has a ton of cool features before and now this.
- Google’s Office suite is better as well with all the compatibility/exporting support

If it wasn’t for Apple hardware in general I would have been gone as their first party apps are limited and never evolve it feels.

d686546s

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2021
I checked because I thought it would be weird that Google would only bring this to Pixel and iPhone. The feature is now available for other Android devices and iPhone. The article suggests otherwise, but that might just have been me.
- Gmail actually has instant notifications vs Mail only updates when the app is opened

It's not like there's no push notifications in the Apple Mail app. It just doesn't work with Google, which I think is down to Google not supporting it because they want to push you to their own app (no pun intended).

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I'll just wait for Apple to implement this in iOS 22... Because you know they have to wait until the technology is perfect and up to their standards.

• Haha
Reactions: pbdnr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.