Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHorseHead

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2021
You mean like their brand new phones that won't even see a single major OS upgrade? But somehow Apple has "built in obsolescence" because they generally support their phones for 5-6 years, while Android often doesn't for even a single year. ?
Many Android phones receive updates for 3-4 years nowadays.

Reactions: pilotpat

lah

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
I like the new Android design language - looks fresh!
But I’m sticking with iOS - I’m pretty happy with what Apple did with iOS 14. Also prefer security and also iMessage.
I know it is a very early version, but the videos I’ve seen covering Android 12, the os still seems laggy, which has always been a complaint of mine about android.

balcis

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2012
How is my comment Android-fanboy? I don't own a Samsung device nor will I. However, saying that iOS is the best thing since the invention of the wheel is utter none-sense. iOS has strengths and weaknesses, so does Android. Live with it.
yet it doesn't mean that one can't be better than the other. I'm a long time -both- ios and android user and when it's about privacy, the sense of user friendliness and thinking about ecosystem as a whole thing; iOS is by far better than android. I'm going to sell my android phone in a couple of days because I'm enough of it.

Android is always "apple did this let's catch them and by the way let's trick people with some specs and numbers". two words: user experience. for example my phone is 120hz amoled and effects and even scrolling experience is never as good as iphone xs. first thing that I've noticed when I switched to android was it touch-responsiveness. you get used to it after some time but then use an iphone for a couple of hours and that feeling is there. really enough of it.

iHorseHead

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2021
yet it doesn't mean that one can't be better than the other. I'm a long time -both- ios and android user and when it's about privacy, the sense of user friendliness and thinking about ecosystem as a whole thing; iOS is by far better than android. I'm going to sell my android phone in a couple of days because I'm enough of it.

Android is always "apple did this let's catch them and by the way let's trick people with some specs and numbers". two words: user experience. for example my phone is 120hz amoled and effects and even scrolling experience is never as good as iphone xs. first thing that I've noticed when I switched to android was it touch-responsiveness. you get used to it after some time but then use an iphone for a couple of hours and that feeling is there. really enough of it.
What?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

I have the 12 pro max and s21 ultra and the the ultra kills the iPhone in overall smoothness. 60hz actually makes the iPhone feel slow in comparison Even though iPhones do have the best animations so 60hz vs 60hz android devices iPhones are better.

I’m very glad apple will finally add 120hz this year.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

This post is a mess, I can't understand exactly what you are saying. You completely ignored all my points amd just shoved new stuff into the conversation.

Jun 7, 2021
I have the 12 pro max and s21 ultra and the the ultra kills the iPhone in overall smoothness. 60hz actually makes the iPhone feel slow in comparison Even though iPhones do have the best animations so 60hz vs 60hz android devices iPhones are better.

I’m very glad apple will finally add 120hz this year.
It’s the first iPhone in years that I’m actually giddy about, I can’t wait

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.