Gorilla glass on the front of iP4S!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphone3gs, Oct 10, 2011.

1. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The iPhone 4 S⃣ has the same glass as the iPhone 4.

2. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

Rumor is if you buy a 3 (Network Three) iPhone 4S - they have upgraded theirs to bulletproof glass and you can use it as a sheild.

They truely are the best network around arent they Iphone3gs?

3. omgwut macrumors 6502

Dont you think if they actually stuck gorilla glass on this sucker they would have pushed that as a big selling point by now?

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

AT&T uses plastic that is treated to feel like glass.

5. Iphone3gs thread starter macrumors 6502

On apple official website it states it's the same kind of glass they use ob military helipoctors windows this is 30 times stronger and more scratch resistant then plastic.

Even though more customers had a broken their iPhone 4 in the first 4 months then they did with the 3GS.

Apple got sued as they released a faulty product without informing customers of the fault

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I don't see the logic here. They just told us about the technology. They never said it WASN'T going to crack. Just because it's from heli windows doesn't mean that the right fall wouldn't crack it.

7. kimlo macrumors member

It's a stupid argument anyway...

The tougher glass is, the more brittle is, so it cracks easier.

Glass that is soft and easy to scratch is hard to crack and vica versa.

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Apple builds the phone in China. AT&T is a carrier. Perhaps someone is confused.

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Exactly. That's why plastic doesn't crack as easily as glass does. Now, if the screen is made from diamonds, we have a different ball game here.

10. josh3326 macrumors member

So they use gorilla parts for this phone??? Sick! Maybe I should stop hunting Elephant and start Gorilla hunting.

11. d3bruts1d macrumors member

Hey, an elephant tusk home button with a shark fin back would be pretty sweet.

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I do not really care much what they make it out of as long as it holds up like my iP4 did. Not a scratch and it has been there and back!:D

13. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

*whoosh*

that joke just went right over your head.

14. SimonTheSoundMa macrumors 6502a

Yes, have done since the iPhone 4.

15. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

sar·chasm ('sär-"ka-z&m) : The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said and the person who doesn't get it.

16. Mackbook702 macrumors member

See in that case it doesn't really matter because instead of dropping and cracking the phone, you drop it and scratch and scuff the crap out of it, regardless it would need to get replaced unless you just lived with it (which ive known people to do, and have done :p). Therefore Apple did you a favor in making a cracked device more of an eye sore than still very unattractive scuffs in order to remind you to to fix it :)

17. Robby S macrumors member

Faulty product...?! If you drop a glass onto concrete and it shatters, would you call that a faulty product too? FFS!

Not directed at you really, but use some common sense eh? Glass shatters/cracks if subject to high stresses, get over it, accept responsibility, and move on. This culture of suing anybody over the most ridiculous of things is what's causing a lot of the problems in this world. I guess only in America would there be the need to have a disclaimer on a vacuum cleaner to not use it for sexual pleasure otherwise it could cause harm... :rolleyes:

18. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

I agree!
    "I got HIV from using one of your needles. OK I was sharing some smack with so other junkie I met in the alley, but you made the needle."

19. SimonTheSoundMa macrumors 6502a

Ahh the, "I had never driven a manual/stick shift car before. I was hitting the pedal in my Toyota and it wouldn't brake, so I freaked out and pushed hard on the accelerator".

"Going to sue Toyota to get them all recalled, claim it as a defect".

The pedal was the clutch. :rolleyes:

20. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Apple doesn't advertise other companies technologies. Even if it had Gorilla glass they won't tell you.

21. Mackbook702 macrumors member

Especially not new voice recognition software in their upcoming firmware update;)

22. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

23. Mackbook702 macrumors member

They don't own Twitter, that was an advertised feature of iOS5.

24. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Everyone calm down. Apple is using the same glass they used for the iPhone 4, which, btw, is not shatter or scratch-resistant. I have 2 scratches on the face of my iPhone 4.