Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DZL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Pasadena, CA
bluetooth

Valid point...

I was mainly looking at it from a warranty perspective. Making sure that he gets his money's worth and full coverage like he should.

well, i got a response this morning:

"You will not void the warranty or Applecare installing the bluetooth card."

Let's just say I'm saving that email.

DZL.

vicious7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2007
Jacked into the net...
I'll let you guys know what powermax says - they're usually pretty good about getting back to me quickly...

in the meantime, here are some pics as promised -- nothing special, but i like a clean desk...

macproax1.jpg

By dzlstudios at 2007-08-20

macprosketchsf0.jpg

DZL

Oh, nice....:eek:

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
well, i got a response this morning:

"You will not void the warranty or Applecare installing the bluetooth card."

Let's just say I'm saving that email.

DZL.

Definitely save the e-mail. But, they dodged the issue a bit.

To me, the real question is whether the bluetooth card is covered by your warranty.

Installing said card shouldn't void your warranty any more than adding memory. But, the question should be whether the bluetooth / airport card you added will be covered if it should fail.

Typically, it would be covered by the AppleCare or 1 year warranty (if you didn't purchase AppleCare). But, since you added it, and it was not part of the original system, then Apple will likely tell you that you are out of luck if that part happens to fail.

See if you can get an answer on that one. That would be the real question to me.

Of course, it's also up to you as to how much you care. But, I would want to know that everything I paid for is covered by the full warranty. If it's not, then they should warranty it since they are the ones who sold it to you separately when you ordered a computer that had it built-in.

MacTO

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2007
I'll let you guys know what powermax says - they're usually pretty good about getting back to me quickly...

in the meantime, here are some pics as promised -- nothing special, but i like a clean desk...

macproax1.jpg

macprosketchsf0.jpg

DZL

Just immaculate! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.