Got my iPad 3! Pictures Included

Xanthos

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I just took them randomly because I was so eager to play with it.

In case you're wondering, i'm from Singapore and it was released here 3 hours ago.

Last edited:

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Congrats!

Can't wait to hear your overall impressions of the improvements over the ipad2.

MathiasVH

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2009
Grats mate! Very jealous, since I will have to wait another week to get mine (I'm in Denmark).

On a side note: Is there a "First impressions"-thread in here? Would like to see one, but won't start it if another one already exists?

f1restarter

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2005
London
Congrats!! And please let us know how the speaker quality is compared to the iPad 2 i.e is it louder, clearer or the same? thanks

Xanthos

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Congrats!

Can't wait to hear your overall impressions of the improvements over the ipad2.
Congrats!! And please let us know how the speaker quality is compared to the iPad 2 i.e is it louder, clearer or the same? thanks
I didn't own an iPad 2. Came from iPad 1.

I gonna play around with it a little. Trying to get my sim card to work at the moment.

But all I can say now is,

THE SCREEN IS FREAKING GORGEOUS.

Xanthos

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Congrats to you!
I'm very jealous over here, waiting for tomorrow to come.
Enjoy your new toy.
It's ridiculous really. I actually preordered a set and it will not be here until 2 days later.

And it turns out the only venue that is releasing it at 12am doesn't have that long a queue.

I drove down at 1am and queued for less than 30mins and I got it. I'm planning to sell my preordered set.

redman042

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2008
I didn't own an iPad 2. Came from iPad 1.

I gonna play around with it a little. Trying to get my sim card to work at the moment.

But all I can say now is,

THE SCREEN IS FREAKING GORGEOUS.
All the journalist reviews that hit the 'net last night absolutely RAVED about the screen, saying it's "almost bizarre how good it is" and such.

Glad to hear you are just as blown away. Can't wait for mine, coming in about 24 hrs.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati OH
The more I hear about how unreal and incredible the screen is, the more I feel like I'm gonna be disappointed because my expectations have been built up so high LOL

aperry

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I'm not sure if it'll really capture the effect.

It became unreal when I went to a website and zoom in as much as I can on the text.
Pretty sure the text gets re-rendered to a larger size when you do that. It's not actually zooming, unless it's text in an image.