Got my wrapsol today, here's the story!(it sucks)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iphone4black, Jun 29, 2010.

1. iphone4black macrumors member

So i ordered my wrapsol ULTRA 5 days ago. I didnt get an email saying it ship. I emailed 3 times, and after 2 days got a reply saying it shipped. An hour later it got to my house. Too bad I wasn;t there though! luckily my neighbor signed and gave it to me when i got back!

Then, I go to my room to install it. There were weird scratches and dust things on the screen protector, and it seemed like bad quality. I start putting it on my phone, and notice there are small dust like pieces on the screen protectors, AND THEY DON'T COME OFF! Also, THERE ARE LETTERS ON THE SCREEN PROTECTORS! Im not sure what they say, but I can read it says peel, and the number 3!

So after installing, my iphone has a screen protector with letters on it, dust particles which CAME WITH IT stuck inside and dont come off, and many small bubbles. I bought an ifrogz and it scratches my iphone since it didnt fit with the wrapsol, then I returned it, and the lady says she has a case that'll fit. GUESS WHAT? it didnt, and it also scratched part of my iphone and wrapsol! Now I have the rocketfish case which is ok, but an iphone with a scratched up screen protector, with letters on it, dust inside, and bubbles!

My iphone which looked sleek and sexy, now looks like a mess!!

What do you guys think I should do? How do i get a refund? WRAPSOL IF YOU SEE THIS, WHAT DO I DO?!!!!

Overall, it is garbage! Also, i went to best buy to buy a case and only one case fit with it!

2. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

Ummmmm....u may want to check out like the 3 other long threads detailing these issues....a wrapsol representative even explains what to do in order to get a refund or replacement.

3. lordking65 macrumors regular

Apparently you haven't heard about the warranty:

https://www.wrapsol.com/default.aspx?goto=en_US-Footer+Navigation-warranty

its called research.

4. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

Do I have to send it back? How do I get a refund not a replacement?

5. lordking65 macrumors regular

CALL WRAPSOL

6. prozz macrumors newbie

7. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

8. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

my ultra came borked too. I called up and they are sending another. They said they ****ed up QA and are correcting it. Ill give them one more chance.

9. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

Did you have to return your broken one?

10. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

i was so tempted to order these - but so disappointed with the reviews so far. I'm going to hold off until they sell at fry's so I can simply bring back and return if it happens to me.

11. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

You probally don't even need a new one. Let it 'breath' for 24 hours and after that all the print and markings will be soft enough to wipe away.

12. satirev macrumors 6502

13. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

All these "pics or it didn't happen" responses in practically every thread are just getting insanely stupid. There's a number of other threads about this same issue, yet you think this guys lying? Really? Maybe he's an operative for a competing company? After all, he only joined this month.

It's not like he's saying the film showed up with a colony of tiny aliens in the box. Seeing that the OP isn't alone in his statement I think it's fairly safe to accept it on word alone.

14. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

Im pretty sure it was just an attempt at humor lol

15. satirev macrumors 6502

letters on the screen protector? that sounds fishy to me...

16. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Holy crap batman! Say it ain't so....Please search next time. We have our own Wrapsol rep here on this very site answering questions and concerns. :cool:

17. herdinoh macrumors regular

you can find a lot of pics here. i got mine today too. it was really bad when I saw it.

18. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

I tried taking a picture of the letters but the camera dosen't show it.

It's really weird lol...it looks like this : 3, backwards p, backwards e, backwards e, backwards l.
    Then ontop theres a 3, and i think the same thing in spanish.

The spanish one is a lot harder to see. I also noticed the orange peel texture everyone was talking about.

19. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

I guess... but if it is, I don't get it. Not funny?

I could totally see in the manufacturing process how something like that could happen. I've worked with plenty of materials where some sort of unexpected transfer occurred and left marks. It's not like the OP's observations were totally out of left field.

20. IbisDoc macrumors 6502

You're right, it's a conspiracy by the 9 other screen protector companies to destroy Wrapsol. Can't get anything past you.

21. satirev macrumors 6502

22. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

read the long wrapsol thread in here and you'll see the letters on the screen protector is no lie

23. alatar519 macrumors member

I jsut got mine as well..it looks ***** :(......I wont even install on iphone.

I want my money back...

I will call them tomorrow and see what happens ..

24. applephysci macrumors regular

Guys, seriously, before you jump to conclusions, read the other threads on this:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=935913
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=954476

It does not help you nor others if you ignorantly decide to browse over to macrumors, and without even glancing at the other similar threads in the very same sub-forum, decide to post a new thread on the very same topic.

Many of those that have had issues seem to agree that marks and bubbles on the wrapsol substantially progress from being terrible to impressively better over the course of 24 hours or so.

I myself installed two yesterday (one at 6 PM and one at 11 PM). My 6 PM install was perfect and all marks and bubbles (barring a couple of minor bubbles) were gone in like 15 minutes or so. My 11 PM install yesterday was troublesome, and text marks and many bubbles remained on the wrapsol after install. I continued to occasionally clean it today, and tonight by about 9 PM, it looks amazing. No marks and absolutely no bubbles. It looks amazing that I'm impressed of its quality that I would never trade this for anything else in the world. It's hard to even notice that there is wrapsol on my iPhone 4. Funny thing is that I went to bestbuy today looking for a car-charger, and one of the BB reps who handles iPhone 4 sales looked at my iPhone 4 and pointed to the zagg invisible shield and suggested that I put the zagg invisible shield on it. He was shocked when I showed him that I've got wrapsol on it.

So seriously folks, browse around and try to post in the right threads, before opening up a new topic. Those threads may be subscribed to by prior posters and are more likely to provide pertinent valuable feedback.

25. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I just got mine today but do not plan on installing it since I have the Zagg on mine. I was going to put it on the wife's... oh well. :rolleyes: did not even open it up yet...