Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TequilaBoobs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2006
------------------------------------
Nov 15, 2006 12:04 AM

Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN
Nov 14, 2006 3:29 AM

Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

This happen to anybody else? It left TN on and then the next day it left TN again? How does that make sense? I might just call FedEx in the morning.

The Stig

it must be groundhog day.

The Stig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
On the track
I Got It!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my MB today!! I'm pretty happy with it. No RSS, no moo, very quiet fan (but I have not put it under heavy load yet), no dead pixels, no dvd hum, all buttons feel fine, no HD problems. I order 2gb ram, and 160gb hd. So far everything is perfect! I'll see about putting up some pictures later.

The Stig

TequilaBoobs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2006
I got my MB today!! I'm pretty happy with it. No RSS, no moo, very quiet fan (but I have not put it under heavy load yet), no dead pixels, no dvd hum, all buttons feel fine, no HD problems. I order 2gb ram, and 160gb hd. So far everything is perfect! I'll see about putting up some pictures later.

The Stig

very cool! your excitement is contagious.

isabel

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I just got a Shipment Notification email informing me that my MacBook will be delivered on or before 17/11 (tomorrow!). I wasn't expecting it to arrive so quickly.

Order date: 15/11/2006

Shipment Date: 16/11/2006
Estimated Delivery date: 17/11/2006
On or Before

dansgil

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I just got a Shipment Notification email informing me that my MacBook will be delivered on or before 17/11 (tomorrow!). I wasn't expecting it to arrive so quickly.

Order date: 15/11/2006

Shipment Date: 16/11/2006
Estimated Delivery date: 17/11/2006
On or Before

Did you pay for expedited shipping?

The Stig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
On the track
Shipping?

Did you pay for expedited shipping?

I did pay for the extra shipping, but A guy the next city over got his the same day! I'm don't like that, I wasted my money for shipping it feels like. I think I might just call apple and see what they will do for me.

The Stig

Coolerking

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
I just got my macbook 2 days ago. First Mac and i love this thing. Its really fast and responsive. Display is awesome. I do have a question to the new macbook owners though. When my "book" is closed it seems the top half is a little loose and slightly shifts side to side when pressure is applied at the corners. i noticed this while whiping some finger prints. is this normal? Anyone else noticing this?

That happens with mine too. There has to be a little wiggle room in order to open the screen without damaging it, I imagine.

MSM Hobbes

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2006
NE Hoosierana
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM-2x1GB
80GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
Superdrive 6x
etc...

Ordered: 10 nov
Ships by: 15-17 nov
Delivers by: 17 - 27 nov

Hopefully will be 20-21, as don't want FedEx to try to deliver while stuffing our bellies at g'ma's house later that week many hours away... ;)

More importantly,,, please be quiet version! :)

Has now shipped, and is in transit!!! :)

Nov 16, 2006 4:16 PM
Left origin
SUZHOU CN
12:57 PM

Picked up
SUZHOU CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

8:56 AM
Package data transmitted to FedEx

dane0

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2006
Århus, Denmark
Hmm, after digging around a little I found this great website http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/ which gave me the shipping information that was available. Amazing really that a 3rd party website is able to give me more information than Apple is willing to. Just plain piss poor customer service IMO, but I guess you have to expect that from Apple from time to time :confused:

Anyway, these are the details I was able to get:

14 nov 06 32 55 flight departed Asus Alpha, Shanghai ETA 20 nov 06
14 nov 06 32 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
13 nov 06 00 04 Picking confirmed, EDI received Asus Alpha, Shanghai
13 nov 06 30 64 Departed from source Asus Alpha, Shanghai
13 nov 06 30 63 handover at supplier Asus Alpha, Shanghai

So there is hope, seems like the problem with long shipping times for Apple is the process of getting it into Europe, frustrating when they haven't got an express shipping option for shipments to f.ex. Denmark. Oh, well, I'm just testy 'cos I'm impatient...

MSM Hobbes

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2006
NE Hoosierana
daneO - thanks for that; however, they say that the tracking number must start with a '80' and be 10 digits...
ummmmmm,,, none of mine do, they are all "91-" or other, and of various lengths, from 12 up to 18. :confused:
edit: I guess that this tracking is only for Europe; mine, for example, is FedEx [or, as the oldest boy child calls them "FredRex" :D]

willthiessen - where is yours heading?
would be intersting to hear the stories that these machines have on such a voyage... ;)
Hmmmmmm,,, gives me idea for a movie. :p

dane0

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2006
Århus, Denmark
daneO - thanks for that; however, they say that the tracking number must start with a '80' and be 10 digits...
ummmmmm,,, none of mine do, they are all "91-" or other, and of various lengths, from 12 up to 18. :confused:
edit: I guess that this tracking is only for Europe; mine, for example, is FedEx [or, as the oldest boy child calls them "FredRex" :D]

Yup, this site is only relevant for Europeans.

This is due to differences in the way the computers are shipped. For Europe computers are sent in bulk to distribution centers in either the Netherlands (for the continent) or in England for Britain. When in these distribution centers the order will be merged with any other accessories you might have ordered at the same time. When all parts are ready there the order will be sent via TNT or UPS carrier service. This works great when in the middle of product cycles because there will be a stock built up in the distribution center and thus the parts will be sent quickly. However when working with custom configurations or in the beginning or end of product cycles shipping times will soar, to for example the 14-15 days quoted for me, also with no possibility of quick shipping.
For America computers are sent individually from the plant directly via the shipping services, which mean that accessories and computers will ship independently, but also that it will probably be a bit faster most of the time.

MSM Hobbes

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2006
NE Hoosierana
Hobbes, mine is headed to Niagara Falls (very close to it). I hope it comes by tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath :rolleyes:

It's a 2GB, 2GHz Blackbook :)

I'm a Mac virgin

Mines the same, but white.

Yes, for the most part, not counting what I did in college, but as an owner, me too - altho' the two-day 'old' refurbed 24" iMac is so damn sweet, and helping me lose that... ;)

Hey, are the Falls worth ~8 hour drive to see? If so, any time particular better? Any other recommendations in the area, esp. good local restaurants?

daneO - thanks! :)

brandonh

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2006
Whoa, that's fast. I'm in BC and mine hasn't even shipped yet. I ordered mine on the 8th and changed my mind about the RAM and upgraded it from 1GB to 2GB the on 9th (early morning). Mine has a shipping date of Nov. 14 - 16 and a delivery date of Nov. 27 - Dec 5.

Did you order it over the phone or online? I had some questions so I called them and the guy said it would be faster if I did it over the phone, but I wanted to get Airmiles, etc from this purchase so I had to do it over the internet...

Did you pay extra for the faster shipping?

I ordered it online and got expedited shipping.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Ordered my MB on the day of release, Black 2GB RAM with 160GB HD...says it will be with me 24th november!

I can't stand the wait... :(

willthiessen

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2006
Virgil, ON, Canada
Does anyone know how accurate FedEx's shipping dates are? Mine says it's due to be delivered on Nov 21st, and it was sent today.

I guess Niagara Falls is nice to see if you haven't been before... Personally I don't really care cause I'm always here. I don't really know the restaurants very well.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Hey thanks dane0, I put in my order number and it says the 20th november, which is four days earlier than apple says :D . Apples online tracking is pritty ****...

Thanks again!

Praeliber

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2006
Hi there,

I'm typing from my new C2D macbook 2ghz with 1gig of ram. Everything is perfect for now. No moo, whine or things like that. Fans are very quiet, I can't ear them. Temps are about 45 at idle and 60-65 when push harder - and then you ear the fans, but nothing like a pc latop I've known. My temps are 50 right now with light internet with magsafe plug in. It's not warmer than a pc laptop - even if the macbook is a lot slimmer !

The computer is really fast and I'm getting use to OSX fast enough ! (Yes, I'm a switcher). The screen is amazingly bright, I'm dimming it to five bars only, it's largely enough. The superdrive seems a little bit slow and is pretty loud, but it is an optical driver afterward ! Reading a dvd and moving the computer at the same time is not a good idea tough...

Oh, and, I almost forget, this computer is way too sexy :D Slow slim I can't believe it !

if you have any question, don't hesitate.

PS : Sorry for the spelling

tammy418

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2006
Gainesville/Miami
I finally got mine this afternoon, it's a stock black macbook. The computer is totally quiet except for a small whining noise that is coming from the a/c adapter.

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO

The Stig
Ah congratulations in getting your new MB. The fans are indeed quiet but try doing a hardware test or playing CoD2 on it and the fans will run at full speed (6200RPM). :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.