Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
my MBP is not very high quality...

Here is what my 2.33 C2D MBP with 2 gigs does:

Random Restarts, both on windows and apple.

Windows is usually a little more stable in the sense of programs crashing and speed of them opening.

- Firefox takes on average about 2 minutes to start (even the manager of the apple genius who was looking at my computer said, oh god that is taking a long time).
- I have uneven back light (some times).
- When clicking on finder then Applications after a restart. Applications takes about 15 seconds to load.
- After a restart it takes about a 45-60 seconds to boot up (sometimes if I am lucky I get close to 30 seconds).
- My Screen creeks when it opens ( some times). I have to force quit applications on a daily basis. Some times when I am lucky it wakes up from sleep.
- Two days ago I put my MBP to sleep 3 different times and suddenly on each time I heard the OS X start up ping. (it's fricken restarting just by closing).
- Windows after second day of boot camp had random restarts about 5 times, but after about 2 days of use it is not the stablest operating system on my MBP.
- Typing this very message is a little bit annoying because there is some stuttering in the text once and while. (I am typing nothing is happening, words catch up).

I told the Apple Genius about this problem but he said it was because of programs like cleardock on here. First thing that screwed me over obviously. I told him the problems, he then opened my MBP and went oh......... you have modifications on your MBP. So for the rest of the 2 and half hours in the store (doing the various tests) his answers were it's because of those apps that you are having the problems. I asked him well then why would windows be crashing as well? His response: I'll get a hard ware testing CD.

He comes back with it and runs it. Take about 20 minutes. No problems found. He has no answer for why windows runs bad as well. And basically says that this is his only solution...

I know I need to stand up and demand some sort of change, but I just wanted to let everyone know my frustration. I took it to an apple store near where I am staying (on vacation) but will take it back home and fight a little harder there.

Perhaps does anyone have any suggestions that could fix any problems?

I have done a PRAM reset about a month ago and it kinda helped maybe.

My friend (works at apple, not genius) says maybe a Power Management Unit Reset my help the uneven screen or something.

Well let me know what you think

EDIT: Oh sorry but the guy was really nice. Very polite, but not very helpful.
Also: Are the screen's supposed to be so loose? If my MBP is at to much of a tilte it completely opens or closes depending on the way you have it opened. It is really annoying... moving all the time when I am carrying it and what not..

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
-heating?
-any mooing?
-does the wifi card show up as 802.11n under windows?
-model number+manufacturer of the hard drive? (under system profiler)
-airport reception?
-real-life battery use w/ the apps you use?
-is the GPU underclocked?

nope
nope
wifi is n
airport id better than on my powerbook
battery life about 3-4 hours doing light things with display at FULL brightness

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.