Greatest physical pain you have ever felt...?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Prof., Aug 27, 2009.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

For me, when I was 15/16, I accidentally put my hand on the electric stove. Needless to say, I received a 3rd degree burn on the palm of my hand. I had circles on my palm for a good 3-4 weeks. Thankfully I don't have any scars. :)

Your turn! What is the worse physical pain you have ever felt?

I know, it's a weird thread.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Probably taking a hockey puck right in the eye during a game in PE class without wearing any sort of face protection. Amazingly, despite being hit very hard and hurting like hell, I had no injuries or permanent eye damage, but that son of a bitch HURT.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Physical pain? What did you do, eat the disc to put it out of its misery?

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Gut wretching.
    If we're going for serious:
    Getting all 4 wisdom teeth removed in a day, once the meds wore off.

5. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

I think I must have a fairly high pain threshold because so much has happened. I would have to go with this order

5. tooth that needed to be pulled a few years ago. there were nerves exposed al over and the pain was in my face and miserable.

4. getting the left side of my body run over by a garbage truck

3. Having my heart broken by the love of my life. yes it hurt physixally

2. car accident when I was 16, my head smashed the windshield glass. I went blind for a few minutes after

1. follow up surgery to the truck incident, when my platelets stopped working and they had to do 3 emergency surgeries and cut me open almost the entire width of my body

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

7. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Tearing the ACL in each of my knees. Experienced that pain twice. Some say that it didn't hurt when they tore theirs, but both of mine were killers. Rehab was quite painful, too, actually. Perhaps that was worse. Not sure.

8. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Easy. My ex-gf ripped my tongue ring out with her teeth when she thought that I cheated on her. It ended up nearly forking my tongue and there was lots of blood to go along with that pain. But, on the brighter side, it is surprising how fast your tongue will heal.

Needless to say, I didn't bother getting another one.

Hickman

9. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

You're one unlucky guy! You should make a movie about your pain :D

10. MikhailT macrumors 601

Gallbladder stones....multiple stones at once. I believe the doc told me 10 stones and i had to get the whole gallbladder out.

Nobody understood the problem for weeks until an x-ray was done. So three times a day, i got the greatest pain anybody could experience and I nearly fainted all the time.

I was happy after the op. Those were the worst ****ing pain I ever experienced.

EDIT: i knew somebody with gallstone and he got shot before. He told me he rather get stabbed, shot, or hit by a truck than live with gallstone for a day. I dunno if he was just messing with me, but true story.

11. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Reminds me of the story of the surgeon who wanted to go moose hunting in Alaska. He hired a large burly local guide, and the two of them were dropped off by helicopter in the remotest part of Alaska for one week. Second day of the hunt, the guide gets appendicitis, and the doctor tells him he must operate right away. However, the doctor says, there are no tools except a hunting knife and fishing tackle, and no anesthetic but a little whiskey. "Go ahead, Doc, and keep the Whiskey. I've only felt pain twice in my life," said the guide.

So the doctor operated, and cut the appendix out with a hunting knife, and sewed him up with a fishhook and some fly line. The guide never even grimaced. After the operation, the doctor and the guide say around the fire, talking:

"You said you've felt pain only twice in your life. Man, I gotta know! What was it? You're the toughest man on earth!"

"Well, Doc, I was hunting a few years ago, and it had just snowed a little. Suddenly, I had to take a dump really bad, so I hunkered down next to a pine tree. Well, I didn't know it, but I was crouched over a bear trap! I hit the trap with the first drop, and the jaws jumped up and clamped right down on my gonads! That was my very first pain..."

The doctor said, "Egad, I can imagine! What was the second pain!??"

"When I hit the end of that &*&#%$ chain!"
    :D

12. snakesqzns macrumors regular

snakesqzns

Ruptured spleen and bruised lung from a car accident. Felt like a knife under my shoulder blade.

The demeral shot they gave me in my leg actually hurt worse though.

Overall I think i'd much rather feel that kind of pain then have severe nausea.

13. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Oh. My. Gawd.

Thank goodness you didn't have a Prince Albert, eh?

14. macbook yes macrumors 6502

cut my pinky finger off almost all the way. it bled so much i though i was going to die. lol they were able to sew it back on but i don't have any feeling on the scar.

15. ethical macrumors 68000

When my head fell off. Still stings a bit.

Or.... it could be the time I got whacked square in the face with a cricket bat. That tingled.

16. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

compound fracture on my left arm. It's quite the shock when you see your bone sticking a good 2 inches out of your skin.

17. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Weird.. Been thinking about this and I probably haven't really experienced extreme pain.

I've been in some incredibly nasty accidents. One resulted in hospital overnight, another I lost a huge amount of skin on one side of my body after hurtling down a steep road on my face. Cracked the base of my foot, inch and half across, and tore the ligaments in my shoulder.

None of those resulted in extreme pain, each time I was kinda dazed and numb.. later there was pain and burning but nothing agonizing..

18. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Football in the groan. Several times. Oh, the pain!

19. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

A small hernia. Felt like my nuts were in a vice being continually tightened.

20. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

21. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Tied.

Playing soccer, I was just about run over by a girl running full steam that was about a foot taller and had at least 50-60 pounds on me. Yeah, that hurt.

That and an epidural.

22. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Pretty bad burns on all my finger tips. I was cooking mozzarella sticks one night and took them out of the oven. I realized they weren't done all the way, so I grabbed the pain without any mitts or gloves. I burned every single one of my finger tips and had to wrap them all in gauze.

I also broke my upper part of my jaw and lower. Had my mouth wired shut for six weeks.

I think the burning hurt more.

23. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Spilled boiling water on a canvas sneaker. My wife-at-the-time made me put it in a bucket of ice water. The ice water actually hurt more.

I whacked my arm pretty good with a chain saw once, but shock killed the pain.

Dale

24. Bfat567 macrumors 6502

Bfat567

When i was 16 i was taking down a shed with a friend. I put a nail threw my left foot. Walked to the car called my dad and asked if my shots were up to date. Took the duct tape out of the glove box and taped it up. Went back to work. Ten minutes later...nail threw the right foot. lol Taped it up and went back to work. Sucks not knowing which side to limp on.

or

Using a bench grinder as a hand grinder :rolleyes: Cut my finger to the bone. Weird seeing your bone.

I get hurt so bad and often that i have a pretty high tolerance for pain.