Guaranteed iPhone X on launch day methods ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr.Bigglesworth, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Mr.Bigglesworth macrumors regular

Mr.Bigglesworth

Was wondering what methods will be the fastest for a launch day iPhone X ?

So far I’ve always Had good luck since the iPhone 6+ on getting them on launch day off the website ( Verizon )

However, I’m seeing reports on here of using the Apple store app or the Verizon app ?

iOS 11 is slowly killing my 7+ and id like to retire it ASAP. This thing is not reliable like it was before iOS 11 double crossed it.

Thanks guys!

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

When I spoke with Verizon, they advised not to use their mobile application due to instability issues. They suggested their desktop site. But my suggestion, would be through the Apple application as I feel it's the most streamlined and the quickest.

3. Mr.Bigglesworth thread starter macrumors regular

Mr.Bigglesworth

Sweet ! Thanks bro !

4. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

I've always pre-ordered through the carrier desktop site and I've never had any issues really. The VZW website was slow on the 6/6+ year, but I'd assume that was just due to traffic, and it took 15 minutes but I still got the 6 Plus on launch day. Last year was a breeze.

They always open them up a few minutes before 3am and I think getting the order going in that early 5 minute window makes a big difference.

5. MarcMller macrumors regular

I have the Apple iPhone Upgrade program.. i plan on having it all ready to go few hours before it goes live.. I did read somewhere i might be able to preorder it earlier than everyone else.. either way ill be awake and have my phone with the apple store app open and ill have my macbook open just incase the app has issues.

6. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

You can get pre-approved for the upgrade early, but you won't actually be able to complete the order any earlier.

7. ronincse macrumors 6502

ronincse

Interesting...last year I actually managed to get the order in on the app earlier thanks to someone discovering that their silly chat search thing was showing the link like 5 minutes early so YMMV

Edit: And I meant through the Verizon app

8. IGotOne macrumors regular

Want it on launch day guaranteed? Line up now or get about $3500 ready for eBay.

I have a hunch we are going to have a LOT of disappointed people when the 27th rolls around and almost no one has a "confirmed" 11/3 date. My hunch remains that we'll see ranges much like we did with the watch, with only certain versions (maybe it's the 64GB silver, maybe it's the 256GB Black...) arriving to a lucky few on the 3rd.

If you are heck bent on having one 11/3 you can likely do it, it'll just cost you some $$$ or time (and perhaps even a compromise on color/capacity) if you want to be "sure"

9. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

KGI, the most trusted source for these kinds of things, said they would have ~12m ready to go by the end of the month. I think plenty of people will see one on launch day.

10. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

There will be a 1-2 minute window until we see stock slowing. If you have any carrier other than T-mobile, i would still suggest using both the Apple store website and Apple Store app to have your phone in favorites, but it will take some time as those carriers have other requirements. If you are on T-Mobile, you will have a faster time as you will have the ability to pay in less than a minute. Here are my steps

1. I have my 256GB Silver T-Mobile in my favorites.
    2. I will be doing a test run a week before by purchasing a wireless charger base in favorites and timing how long it takes.

If it takes you less than a minute or a minute thirty, you should be in the clear.

PSA:
    Please be advised that even though you receive a 11.03 deliver date, there are still no guarantees you phone will be delivered on 11.03. Your 11.03 confirmed date can easily be backordered by days/weeks.

11. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

This is the first time I will be pre ordering, looking forward to the chaos!! Luckily I am off work that week anyway. I will be using the Apple store app!

12. MarcMller macrumors regular

I'll be ready;)

13. coolbreeze2 macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...phone-x-on-10-27.2074907/page-2#post-25172161

14. Dunbar macrumors 6502a

Use the Apple Store app on the fastest iOS device you own. Go through and select the exact color/configuration you want and ‘favorite’ that phone ahead of time. That will save you precious seconds once the orders go live. You’ll just select the favorited phone instead of going through the multi-step process of selecting the configuration you want. Make sure your shipping address matches your billing address. Turn on Apple Pay and use it to buy the phone (saves you more precious seconds.)

15. sherm41 macrumors member

hey noob question here...can you order att next from the apple site? i have the "every year" plan, i had good luck ordering from apple site but last year on att site was a terrible experience

16. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

I will have to pay off a certain amount to upgrade early on my AT&T account, thus I do not think I will be able to use the Apple Store app unfortunately.

17. joefrank64k macrumors 6502

joefrank64k

You can pay that amount ahead of time, so you’re “upgrade eligible” on launch day. I’ve alreay done that for both lines on my Next plan and I’m ready to go.

Yes you can...I’ve done it every year since the Next plan was available. No trouble at all.

18. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Have you given it a test run on the Apple Store app to make sure, or are you going based off past experience? I assume you had to trade your phone in once you got the new one?

19. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

20. Mad4clay macrumors 6502

Me too! Just happen to be off that week except for Monday. Hubby is off as well and we are on different carriers. I think it will be a very stressful early morning purchasing experience for us.

21. rwings01 macrumors regular

Hi All,

Can I purchase 2 IPhone X’s at the same time via the Apple app or just one? I need one for the wife and myself.

Thanks in advance!

22. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

Why people dream that they can get iphone x on nov 3rd

chance are 1% of 100 %

23. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors 6502

Blondie&Dagwood

When using the apple store app and the Verizon app, what is the best way to refresh. Do you have to keep exiting the app and re-opening it, or is there another way to refresh?

24. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

I have always been able to get my iPhone via preorder from Verizon and delivered on launch day, through their desktop website. A few simple tricks that I won't share for obvious reasons. :)

25. Dunbar macrumors 6502a

Pretty sure you need to keep closing the app and re-launching.