Guardians of The Galaxy

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Sooooooo,

Has anybody seen it? What did you think of it?

I loved it, alot! The best Marvel Studio movie for me by far. I have not seen Winter Soldier yet though, but man I loved this one.

From start to finish, the comedy, the tragedy, to the fighting scenes.

Rocket and Groot stole the show for me. Heck even Drax had some good scenes!

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I thought it was sort of a cross between the movie Galaxy Quest (Tim Allen) and the TV/Movie series Firefly/Serenity

I actually liked the characters pretty well and thought the silly humor worked for the most part :)

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
I saw it!!! I went in with low expectations tbh. Had no idea who the characters.

In the beginning it was kind of hard to follow with all the complicated names but as the movie progressed, I started to follow along. Chris Pratt is probably the star of the movie. Very funny. :)

----------

Oh yeah, loved the soundtrack too.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
I was about to leave the movie theater but half way into the movie the dialogs started to become more interesting and funnier.

I am tired that Hollywood is writing scripts on a napkin during lunch. Transformer was lame, Man of Steel too, I mean...

The best movie this year for me has been The Intership, low budged and great script. If you have so much money and resources, why don't you spend a little more time writing something that makes sense? Star Trek is the best example!

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I thought it was really fun. A great action/humor popcorn movie. I do think it's sad that they put just enough language and adult humor in that I wouldn't take my 9 year old to see it. He really was hoping he could see it, but we don't think it's appropriate for his age.

juliehrobak

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy was a lot of fun! I was very skeptical, but I had to go see it (because of Marvel), and was wowed! I really like Chris Pratt, (since he played Bright Abbot in Everwood) and Groot was also awesome. Really fun, funny movie.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
That was the impression I had when I first saw the original Star Wars trailer... not to imply this is another Star Wars. ;)
It is funny you mention that, at SDCC, they had the original trailer player, and boy did it look hooky, not saying Star Wars isn't hooky to some degree, but it did not look good. Cheesy is probably the appropriate word that I used to describe it when me and the wife watched it.

Same thing for the Empire and Return. Trailers have come along way since then!

But it was cool to see the original trailers, not remastered, not redone, but the original ones.

Suture

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
Really enjoyed this movie. I knew nothing about it going in, aside from the trailer I saw months ago. Humor was good, action was fun, and I liked the characters, and look forward to seeing more.

Also to OP -- Winter Soldier is good.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Really enjoyed this movie. I knew nothing about it going in, aside from the trailer I saw months ago. Humor was good, action was fun, and I liked the characters, and look forward to seeing more.

Also to OP -- Winter Soldier is good.
Winter Soldier is awesome

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I haven't seen it yet and this thread isn't making me want to go run out and see it. I don't really like 'hookey' movies, so not sure I want to spend the $9.

And I HATE 'Hooked on a Feeling.' That music just doesn't do it for me.

BTW, I won a digital code for the comic, but I won 2 codes and only used one. Anyone want the other?

Asuriyan

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
Indiana
I thought it was sort of a cross between the movie Galaxy Quest (Tim Allen) and the TV/Movie series Firefly/Serenity

I actually liked the characters pretty well and thought the silly humor worked for the most part :)
Way more Farscape than Firefly IMO.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008