Guess the BIGGEST Shock/Surprise - For Fun

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Piggie, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Ok. Just for a bit of fun :D

Now first. Let me explain.....

We've been chatting, and heard opinions of many on these forums over the past few months about the Apple Watch.

Such things as:

Will all straps fit all watches
    Will the Edition cost $1000 or $5000+ (or more or less)
    Has Apple been sneaky on the gold front or it is super thick and chunky gold.
    Will there be a major batter life announcement. (vastly better or worse)
    Will it be upgradable (or will only one model be)
    Will there be a brand new model to buy next year.
    Will the design stay the same for many many years
    Will they drop the price?
    Will is Bomb, Or will it be the next iPod.
    Will is finally replace the iPhone?

And many many others topics of argument..... :)

So, for a bit of fun. Let's hear what you think it's going to be the BIGGEST SHOCK of the Apple watch.

Either in, an announcement about it, at the pre-launch show, or something about it when the mass public have been using it for a few days/weeks.
    Or perhaps you fancy a long term shot at a long term guess?

What 1 thing do you think will STAND OUT from being nothing like what all/most of the current popular guesses are thinking.

It can be Good or Bad. But try and think of something that will make our guessing on this item to be totally way off the mark.

Like the $1000 iPad Price prediction, or the many loved, pre-rendered circular face/wrist band designs that were a million miles off the mark as to when we all saw the real watch.

What you do think is the biggest item that we've got wrong in our pre-watch guessing and chats?

Not wanting arguments here. Just what you think it going to shock the most and prove the biggest thing we've got wrong :D

Looking forward to some BOLD Statements :)

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

3. applegeek01 macrumors 6502

I believe that soon it will be "leaked" as being released the last Tuesday of April. And then Apple will hold an event on April 1st to announce the launch, only to present the world's biggest and cruelest April Fool's Day joke known to man and not release the watch.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The biggest shock is Piggie has been wrong all along about everything :D

5. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

I hope... Battery life.

I'm not too worried about anything on the software end because even if it isn't likely to change, the fact that it is software allows for it. However, everything that  Watch is or will become is dependent on battery life. That will determine how we as users can use it and how we as developers can steer it.

6. NewtypeCJ, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

NewtypeCJ macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

Similar to antenna-gate and bend-ghazi I think the watch will suffer from some potential controversies. Chief amongst them - Water-gate. Someone will take their Apple Watch swimming, or they'll be washing the dishes, or taking a shower, and they will get it wet and it'll become an inoperable wrist adornment. And the press will pick it up and call it a scandal.

7. Tycho24 Suspended

Tycho24

I think that the bands will fit 3-4 generations of Apple Watch.

8. Donstil-nl macrumors 6502

Donstil-nl

I am going to buy it for sure but I think the time between the reveal and the actual launch is to long, so long that we a are making ourselves and each other mad, so mad that we got an extreme expectation and that's why it's going to suck if we are really honest after a couple of weeks.

There is no product. Even not an apple one that can meet this high expectations.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Me, I'm just expecting a pedometer plus MP3 player I can wear on my wrist. If any of the other functions work well enough to be useful, I'll count that as a bonus.

10. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

I think the Apple watch won't be like an iPhone event on day one. many will wait to see one in person. I do think however it will catch like wildfire and people will want them once they see them in public. Kids will want them for Xmas and that will be the big item for the holidays.

What's everyone ask for (battery) but what does apple deliver with the iPhone? THINNER! The gen 2 apple watch will have the same great 1-2 day performance and be 3 millimeters thinner and they will compare the gen 2 apple watch with some other thin object as one of the best features (from their marketing perspective). Big feature they could probably do on the next round is make it water proof. and Dick Tracy time with camera and FaceTime on your wrist.

11. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Just give it up Piggie. Your Apple watch obsession is becoming worrying. Considering you don't even want one. :confused:

12. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I think for most people the sticker price of the steel and gold models is going to shock many as john Grueber pointed out already.

As for myself, I don't think there is any one killer feature. It's simply a combination of some really convient items in one package that is fairly versatile.

Also, I think people are going to really appreciate just how much apple nailed the design of the bands.

13. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

There is a bug in the ntp daemon causing the time to keep drifting

14. cleirac, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

cleirac macrumors 6502

Life changing Apple (Watch) apps that will fully utilized one of the most fascinating and interesting innovations of the year, the taptic engine . An even more game-changer of so many possibilities for third-party Apple Watch developers once Apple decides to open it up. Apple will make both announcements during the media event.

15. extricated macrumors 6502

extricated

Built in GPS for phone-free distance tracking in fitness apps! That's why the battery life is below many people's hopes.

:D

16. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Like an 1st gen Apple product, the 2nd will fix a lot of the limitations of the 1st.

Before everyone quotes me the "every generation is better than the last" I am aware of this, but compare the improvements Apple makes from 1st gen to 2nd its pretty drastic in feature set. I think this is strategic by Apple, I bet they are already working on the 2nd and have been for awhile.

2nd gen will be the same form factor, include more sensors, better battery life & better water resistance (and maybe a GPS). Quote this in 2 years.;)

17. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

It will keep good time... for 19 straight hours.

18. BvizioN Suspended

BvizioN

And then the Unbox Therapy guy will make a video showing an Apple watch inside a barrel of water dying in less then 1 hour, and his video will hit 1 million viewers in less then a week :D

19. Piggie thread starter macrumors 604

Piggie

Yes you are correct, no one in the world should be interested in anything unless they want something.

Strange closed mind attitude you have there. :(

Meanwhile I will continue to be interested in many things. But I will find out how much a planet is, as I take an interest in astronomy also, so I really should check out the current prices of various planets. :D

20. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Biggest SHOCK will be to the people that have been saying things like - Epic fail, Won't sell many, Dud, Why would anyone want one, What's the point, People don't wear watches anymore etc etc etc

First weekend of availability the same people again will be SHOCKED and SURPRISED once they find out how many sold in the first weekend.

The following week most of the SHOCKED and SURPRISED people will purchase an Apple Watch as well and when they start using it they will be completely DAZZLED.

The Apple haters that waste time on Apple forums Criticizing the Apple Watch will stop posting and hide from making fools of themselves.

You asked to post for fun so I did :)

21. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Battery time is even worse than what is rumored.

22. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Ok, so now we know 100% for sure that it's worse than Rumors.......wow

23. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Which part of the topic title did you misunderstand?

24. telefono, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015

telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Battery life is worse (where did you get this info from) ? Information that isn't known can't be Compared to rumors (rumors are just that, rumors)

We won't know until it's available and tested by us the end user

EDIT : Please read post 26 :)

25. Piggie thread starter macrumors 604

Piggie

Indeed, but If you read the topic for this thread.

This is the place, for fun, for you to make your own prediction opf what you think is going to be the biggest shock or surprise of the Apple watch, compaired to what we think we currently know.

EG:

Battery like will be far better, far worse.
    Apple will announce extra sensors that we did not know about
    The price of the base model will be lower
    The solid gold one is not as solid as we were thinking.

Not a place here to argue. Just to make your own prediction of what you think is going to be the biggest thing different about the Watch that we currently THINK we know :)

If someone wants to make a prediction that battery life will be far worse, then that's fine, someone else could predict they will shock us and it will last a week.

Just have some fun as I'm sure there will be something we are not expecting. We can't have "guessed" everything 100% right can we ?