Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is planning to hold multiple events this fall, which will collectively include the launch of new iPhones, Apple Watches, updated AirPods, revamped iPad mini, and the redesigned MacBook Pros, according to respected Bloomberg journalist Mark Gurman.

tim-cook-spring-loaded-event.jpg

In his latest weekly Power On newsletter, Gurman says that much like last year, Apple will hold multiple events this coming fall, with the first likely being in September for the iPhone 13. Last year, due to the global health crisis and production constraints, the iPhone 12 lineup was not announced until October. The 2020 September event, rather than focusing on new iPhones, showcased new Apple Watches, iPads, and services.

This year, Apple is expected to return to its tradition of announcing its flagship yearly iPhone update in September, according to multiple reports. In today's newsletter, Gurman reiterated his reporting from earlier last week, setting expectations for the iPhone 13 to include updates to the camera focused towards professional users, more advanced displays, and a smaller notch.

Alongside the new iPhones, Gurman, as previously reported, says that Apple can be expected to launch the third-generation AirPods featuring an updated design, an updated iPad mini with a larger display, thinner borders, and improved performance, as well as the Apple Watch Series 7 with flatter and improved displays, and performance.

As for the highly anticipated MacBook Pros featuring mini-LED displays, updated designs, and the M1X Apple silicon chip, Gurman says they will be available by the time the current 16-inch MacBook Pro, powered by Intel, will celebrate its second anniversary. The 16-inch MacBook Pro was last updated in November of 2019.
I bought my MacBook Pro in 2019, and it's still the latest model. I realized while writing this that the 16-inch MacBook Pro launched in November 2019 is Apple’s newest high-end MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, some hiccups have led to production delays for the revamped 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros with M1X chips. But they should still go on sale by the time the current MacBook Pro hits its two-year anniversary.
The first event of the fall in September will likely include the new iPhones, Apple Watches, and AirPods, while the new iPads and possible updates to some of the company's services could be reserved for a second event, with the final event of the season being focused on Apple silicon Macs.

Article Link: Gurman: Apple Planning Multiple Events for the Fall, M1X MacBook Pros to be Available by November

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy James

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Will update to AW7 IF there are some new health features, new design will be nice but my AW4 is going STRONG.
iPhone 13 will need killer features, I'm not yet interested in 5G as in my area I don't even get decent 4G (non-rural California)

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Awfully quiet about the bigger iMac. The M1 iMac looks nice, but can’t replace my 27” iMac with that.
I don't expect a 27 replacement iMac this year, maybe in the spring but Apple said its a 2 year transition so maybe not til H2 22 ... which will be fine for me, still enjoying my 2017 iMac :)

Reactions: DanTSX

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
I don’t really need any new devices this year, but I might be talked into upgrading my XR to a 13 Pro Max. I miss that big screen of my 6s Plus and I’m hoping 5G will improve my data connection in more places. Plus ProMotion is welcomed.

I thought ProMotion didn’t make a difference to me, but I compared the display of my iPad Air 4 to that of my wife’s M1 iPad Pro 11”, and the display does look noticeably sharper. If the phone’s display also looks sharper as a result of the ProMotion, that seems like a solid upgrade.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I don’t really need any new devices this year, but I might be talked into upgrading my XR to a 13 Pro Max. I miss that big screen of my 6s Plus and I’m hoping 5G will improve my data connection in more places. Plus ProMotion is welcomed.

I thought ProMotion didn’t make a difference to me, but I compared the display of my iPad Air 4 to that of my wife’s M1 iPad Pro 11”, and the display does look noticeably sharper. If the phone’s display also looks sharper as a result of the ProMotion, that seems like a solid upgrade.

ProMotion does not make the display sharper. It makes it more fluid when scrolling and stuff like that

johnediii

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2014
So, serious question. Are all the people on the Apple upgrade program screwed for a month because last year we couldn't sign up until later or is Apple going to be cool about it and let us go a month early this year? I have been in the Apple Upgrade program for iPhone since it started.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I thought ProMotion didn’t make a difference to me, but I compared the display of my iPad Air 4 to that of my wife’s M1 iPad Pro 11”, and the display does look noticeably sharper.

How did you compare them exactly? A few days ago I brought my MBP into Apple Store for a battery replacement and looked at Air 4 and Pro 11” standing next to one another on display. To my eyes both screens looked almost identical and I could only spot a slight difference in scrolling speed in Safari. ??‍♂️

Reactions: Jovijoker

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
I’m not sure the title of this article and what Gurman said are the same thing. Gurman is saying they’ll be available by the second anniversary (November 2021), which technically means they could go on sale in October, but this headline implies that November will be the start of availability. Unless I missed something?

Edit: saw the headline correction! Thank you!

Last edited:

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
How did you compare them exactly? A few days ago I brought my MBP into Apple Store for a battery replacement and looked at Air 4 and Pro 11” standing next to one another on display. To my eyes both screens looked almost identical and I could only spot a slight difference in scrolling speed in Safari. ??‍♂️
We opened PUBG Mobile on both iPads and set the graphics to the exact same settings, then we launched into battle on the same map on both iPads. The colors looked identical, but there seemed to be more clarity on the iPad Pro.

Reactions: valleian

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
I’m not sure the title of this article and what Gurman said are the same thing. Gurman is saying they’ll be available by the second anniversary (November 2021), which technically means they could go on sale in October, but this headline implies that November will be the start of availability. Unless I missed something?

No, I was just about to post the same thing. The article was poorly written.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.