Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serban55

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
Nothing that anyone else wasnt expected
Sept iphone+airpods +apple watch event
Oct macs+ipad mini event

Reactions: Armada2

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
We opened PUBG Mobile on both iPads and set the graphics to the exact same settings, then we launched into battle on the same map on both iPads. The colors looked identical, but there seemed to be more clarity on the iPad Pro.

Interesting. Perhaps it is the deeper blacks on Pro 11” vs Air that give that impression, as their ppi are exactly the same?

Reactions: orbital~debris

Seoras

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Scotsman in New Zealand
Time to upgrade my iPhone X. I’m superstitious so not keen on “13” but looking forward to a refresh.
Not a lot has changed since the X other than the camera(s) has it?
Speed wise my X is still fast.
I love FaceID so don’t care about any under the screen TouchID (As I live in NZ I have never worn a mask).

imamacperson

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2013
This doesn't apply to me and some people around me. We lost at least 15 people in our department and many business in our city are shutting down. All because of the COVID-19 lockdown last year. This year isn't looking much better with the new delta variant. Sure hope this doesn't continue. Can't imagine buying a new Apple device now or any time soon.

Yammabot

macrumors regular
May 15, 2017
Northern NJ
Second event for the gaping big security hole in iOS? Maybe Craig has a better explanation for us, requiring a full hour long presentation of Tim falling through floors and jetting through windows. Apple has gone to S. . .T I’m not even going to watch it’s too painful to see what they turned into. Disgraceful.

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
Interesting. Perhaps it is the deeper blacks on Pro 11” vs Air that give that impression, as their ppi are exactly the same?
Yeah, I don’t know either. That’s why I was attributing it to the ProMotion. Then again, it could also be the more powerful GPU? I’m not exactly a technophile. I understand most things Apple when it comes to the iPhone and iPad, but when it gets into the nitty gritty, I’m no expert.

Reactions: orbital~debris

MacAddict1978

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2006
Will update to AW7 IF there are some new health features, new design will be nice but my AW4 is going STRONG.
iPhone 13 will need killer features, I'm not yet interested in 5G as in my area I don't even get decent 4G (non-rural California)
That's how I feel about my 5.... but.... if they magically produced 2 day battery life I'm in

MacAddict1978

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2006
I would guess "M1X" probably means they'll have the same RAM, USB bus, and external display constraints as the M1 - just a faster processor.
I hope not. Those limitations have me wanting to upgrade from my M1, which is a great machine but.... getting really tired of it coming to a crawl if I open too much stuff, which is always.

• Sad
Reactions: amartinez1660

mansplains

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2021
Awfully quiet about the bigger iMac. The M1 iMac looks nice, but can’t replace my 27” iMac with that.
I got 27" specifically for ability to add RAM as needed with the door on the back. I doubt it'd come to fruition, but having some hybrid approach where RAM is soldered or whatever plus a bay to upgrade for M1X models would be cool.

Then again, new colors is the real feature to be excited about. I'll get orange.

Reactions: MacAddict1978

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
What would one need 5G in their watch for? No one is streaming 4K video on it. Is there a value add I'm not considering?
Other than marketing, it probably wouldn’t add anything meaningful, but 5G is here. I’m sure all devices will eventually include it.

ikramerica

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2009
mini “Pro” with M1X and 32GB please.

watch 7 here I come. My series 0 is falling apart so need to demote my 4 to night and get a nice 7

Reactions: Zdigital2015

ikramerica

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2009
Time to upgrade my iPhone X. I’m superstitious so not keen on “13” but looking forward to a refresh.
Not a lot has changed since the X other than the camera(s) has it?
Speed wise my X is still fast.
I love FaceID so don’t care about any under the screen TouchID (As I live in NZ I have never worn a mask).
Just wear 2 masks when you use it and you will be safe.

• Haha
Reactions: T Coma and raybo

M-Life

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Hol-Leawood
So, serious question. Are all the people on the Apple upgrade program screwed for a month because last year we couldn't sign up until later or is Apple going to be cool about it and let us go a month early this year? I have been in the Apple Upgrade program for iPhone since it started.
You and I have very different definitions of "screwed', but I understand where you are coming from.

Reactions: raybo

TB72

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2020
UK
Still rocking my first retina MBP from 2012. the battery health is still at 92% but it is about time for something new ?????? Existed for the redesign. Bring it on! My tax return money has been ready since March
Still using my 2010 MBP; it’s been a long wait to come full circle and get a decent keyboard, no touch-bar and an SD slot.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
That's how I feel about my 5.... but.... if they magically produced 2 day battery life I'm in
I seriously doubt that is going to happen ... My S4 for the first 2 years or so did last for 2 days, I charged it every other night, and my usage hasn't drastically changed mainly a different watch face and 1 add complication ... got a refurb about 3 months ago via AC+, battery health at 100% but the watch sits at around 50% at the end of the day, not enough to wait til the net night to charge it, I suspect that watchOS 7 is just more battery hungry than precious versions ... I'm not complaining, my current S4 WILL be fine for another year, besides, I have AC+ if needed :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.