Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple plans to announce new iPad Pro models with the M2 chip this Tuesday, October 18, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.

ipad-pro-m1-feature.jpg

Gurman previously said updated 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models would be announced "in a matter of days, and he has since narrowed down the timeframe to tomorrow. The announcement will likely occur in the form of an Apple Newsroom press release.

Key new features rumored for the iPad Pro include the same M2 chip as found in the MacBook Air and MagSafe wireless charging support. No major design changes are expected for the iPad Pro this year, suggesting the update will be a minor spec bump.

Apple is also rumored to be planning a new 10th-generation entry-level iPad with a larger 10.5-inch display, a USB-C port, flat edges, an A14 Bionic chip, 5G support for cellular models, and potentially a Touch ID power button and a landscape FaceTime camera. However, it's unclear if this device will also be announced tomorrow.

Gurman expects iPadOS 16 to be released to the public next week.

Article Link: Gurman: Apple to Announce New iPad Pro With M2 Chip This Tuesday

Last edited:

Juanchi007

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2016
Awesome news! Will be fascinating to see how the 11” Mini-LED rumors end up, and whether this update will only be a spec bump or something more substantial (charging functionality, battery life, anything).

I’m really holding my breath until Wednesday: will this just be an M2 iPad Pro update or a week of press releases? I remember March 2019 had a Tuesday iPad Air and Mini refresh, a Wednesday iMac spec bump, and a Thursday AirPods 2 press release. So bring on the Macs already!

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
Awesome news! Will be fascinating to see how the 11” Mini-LED rumors end up, and whether this update will only be a spec bump or something more substantial (charging functionality, battery life, anything).

I’m really holding my breath until Wednesday: will this just be an M2 iPad Pro update or a week of press releases? I remember March 2019 had a Tuesday iPad Air and Mini refresh, a Wednesday iMac spec bump, and a Thursday AirPods 2 press release. So bring on the Macs already!
As always with Apple announcements, curb your enthusiasm. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.