HA! - So Are You Getting The New Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HappyDude20, Sep 9, 2009.

You Getting The New Touch?

1. LMAO: There was an update???

70 vote(s)
  2. Hell Yeah, But only for the new faster 32GB or 64GB!

47 vote(s)
  3. Nope! Sticking with my 1st or 2nd Gen Touch!

61 vote(s)
  4. Nano, here I come!

18 vote(s)
  1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

Jul 13, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Well, no camera on the touch.

Only on the Nanos. Obviously an attempt to keep the original nano/mini line alive...

Personally i'm glad I didn't sell my 16GB 2nd Gen Touch last week to buy the new one...

What about you?

Your thoughts on the new Touch?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
    Yeah, you were one of those that didn't get screwed in this. Somewhat feel bad...
  3. sam10685 macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Probably didn't want to add too much iphone functionality to the ipod touch. I'm happy with it! i'll be buying as soon as I have 300 extra dollars.
  4. cottonjenn macrumors member

May 4, 2009
    So is there a new iPod Touch or not? I'm confused. So now I can maybe get the iPod Touch at a cheaper price? Doesn't sound like anything new on the Touch?
  5. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

Jun 3, 2009
  6. Dieder macrumors member

Aug 31, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Dissapointing... maybe I'll get something else now
  7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    How many times has it been said that Apple probably won't cannibalize their line by making the only difference between a touch and a phone ... well a phone? It sucks many sold their Touches and probably took a nice loss.
  8. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

Jul 19, 2009
    I have to admit, I wasnt looking forward to this because i already have an iphone, but even I am dissapointed. No camera for the Itouch? im sure there are a lot of dissapointed people lol. Do people even still buy nanos? (Sarcasm)-for those less intelligent.
  9. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

Oct 29, 2008
    Should not have sold my 8GB :(. Think I will just find a 16GB on Ebay. 32GB is a bit too big for me. Don't have that much music and don't use it for movies.
  10. arctic macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2008
    It's a YES for me. I never gave a crap's arss about this cam gimmick anyway. I hardly use my cellphone cam as it is (5megapixel with Xenon).It's all about faster engines for me :D. I'm happy to hear it has the ver 2.0 OpenGL which means graphics and games would be kickass. Now I just want confirmation that this has the ARM Cortex A8 600 MHz processor as well as the 256 MB RAM. Then it's a go. Otherwise, if the processor or RAM is the same, the 3GS would be a better device for gaming.

As for those itching for a cam, wait a bit for more news. It's not totally confirmed yet due to that "production problem" rumor. :)
  11. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    I don't think I would have raised an eyebrow if neither the touch or nano had been upgraded with a camera, but putting one in the nano without the touch doesn't make sense. There are more than a few apps that take advantage of the iPhone's camera, and those apps still are limited in market size.

Yes, there may have been some cannibalization, but I don't think the only difference between the phone and iPod are the phone and camera. Are they?
  12. thefatmould macrumors member

May 31, 2009
    Kaiapoi New Zealand
    My Orders In

I have just ordered the new iPod touch32gb with
    Better processor
    Voice Control
    Headphones with Remote and mic

And it is my first ipod so i don't care
  13. megatronbomb macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2007
    Portland, OR
    No camera, no new Touch for me. Pretty simple. This was a mistake on their part.
  14. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

Sep 8, 2009
    Northern California
    No,I think I'll just wait to get the iphone or maybe buy a 16GB nano for the extra roon I need and get the camera,But i'll stick to my 8GB 1st gen for a while now.I'm just dissapointed.
  15. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

May 29, 2008
    Wow, they didn't do anything to it...

I am not gunna touch the new ones.
  16. WordLife565 macrumors regular

Sep 2, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    you guys are acting as if the camera is even that good. It's definitely not a replacement for a real camera, it's VGA cellphone quality. Definitely doesn't stop me from buying a new iPod, mainly because I need to anyways, the price drop is welcome, 300 dollars for 32 GB makes me happy enough.
  17. atljogger macrumors member

May 5, 2008
    That's a dealbreaker, ladies!
    All I wanted was a built-in mic for Skype. No way I'm buying a Touch now.
  18. Godzilla71 macrumors 6502

Aug 16, 2009
    WA state
    I don't have one yet but I have been wanting to get one. I waited to see what was going to happen with the key note. the camera thing really was not a deal breaker for me. the price cut is nice I'll probably get the 32 gig one.
  19. JoshJosh117, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  20. Dieder macrumors member

Aug 31, 2009
    The Netherlands
    the including earphones does contain a mic
  21. 1283956 macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2009
    for me its not 2 much about the camera, but the fact that i would have to downgrade from 16 gb to 8 and pay for a touch thats slower that the others for 199. i payed for my first gen itouch for 400, 1 month or so before 2cd gen was release. have really regreted paying so much 2 apple and will be wary of them in the future.

also if i'm correct, the speed increase is just a gimmic to drive sales to 32 and 64, and make money off 8 gigs
  22. gan6660 macrumors 65816

Aug 18, 2008
    So nothing changed in the 8gb model at all? And the 32/64gb ones got the faster processor. Why did they get rid of the 16gb?
  23. beg_ne macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2003
    Apple really dropped the ball here, and I mean like SONY levels of **** up.

The 8GB touch is really a joke with year old hardware at that price tag, $199 would be compelling at 16GB and up to date hardware.

The lack of a camera is a real bitch, especially since the nano got one.

I really need a new Touch since I still have a 1st gen, but what Apple released is really sub-par.
  24. gusious macrumors 65816

Dec 2, 2007
    Really... Was there an update? Ok,a camera is not making an ipod but ipod touch is like THE best ipod. It has features from all the other ipods. This really suck. I was gonna buy one but now i maybe stick with my 2gen shuffle or buy a nano... I dunno...
  25. CalsonicGTR macrumors newbie

Sep 9, 2009
    Well, at this point I'm not really sure. I was hoping that there would be a 16GB at around $250 to go with but that isn't the case. It just feels like an underwhelming update with the exception of the speed bump . I'll wait to see the concrete specs of the device before making a decision but right now I'm not sure.