iPod Touch Hacking a Wifi connection

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MFslacker22, Mar 17, 2008.

1. MFslacker22 macrumors newbie

Is there any program i can download on my touch so i can use the internet at school. Its so annoying they put a password on it because i can use the internet for some real important things in school.

thanks

2. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

Why is the wireless network password protected?

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

for a reason. simple as that.

the school has every right to lock it and helping you hack it is well not gonna get you much help on here

4. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

Duke,
    I know that,
    you know that,
    I was hoping the kid was going to have to answer.
    ;)

5. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

I'm not sure how it works on that side of the pond but in the UK it is illegal to hack or attempt to hack into a wireless network. Even using a open wireless network without permission is not permitted.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

dang sorry to spoil it

but glad we are thinking the same! lol

7. spyder52 macrumors member

Hacking it

If it's a WEP key to hack it you could not do it through your ipod you would have to do it through a laptop and then enter the WEP key into your ipod. Google for a WEP key cracker. Crack it then enter WEP on you ipod. (Have not done it, Just an Idea)

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you really shouldnt advocate illegal behavior....

9. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Just thinking aloud, not being illegal... If its just a cracker you need, wouldn't that be easy to port to the iPod/iPhone? It's not like its intensly graphical, and would take FOREVER to port... no?

(I have no idea what im talking about, having no experience in porting.)

10. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Ask your school admin if you could connect with your iPod. That's the only legal solution i believe.

11. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

The only problem with this is if your school is as strict as mine was then they would definitely tell you NO...we weren't allowed to have iPods or any electronic matter...it sucked! but they have cisco security, so when i go back to visit, my iPod won't connect.

You're pretty much screwed unless they are nice about it haha

12. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

SO here's some advice from somone who has tried it (and succeeded i might add)
    DONT DO IT
    I got in a LOAD of trouble, eventually they will bust you. 2 weeks out of school suspension ROYALLY suck.

If you wish to take your chances, go ahead, but don't say you haven't been warned....

and i might add, doing it right, you need a distro of Linux built for wifi cracking.
    (NO, i am NOT telling you:eek:)

13. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I've gotten into my school connection, but I got lucky by guessing the password. But even though the iPod says it's connected, if I try anything it fails.

Also, how do they even know if you're using the connection?

14. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

WOW! My parents would kill me and run over my iPod Touch with a mac truck...haha that sucks the big one!

15. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Beats the heck out of me, but they do..... some how.. prob a cisco, or simmilar system...

16. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

My alma matter uses Cisco, when i go back to visit and open safari it brings up a login screen. With Cisco they can see everything, lol.

Because you logged in doesn't mean that you logged into a part of their server that allows internet usage...

17. na1577 macrumors 6502a

That's probably why. I don't get any sort of login page in Safari, it just says it can't connect (no matter how strong the signal is.)

18. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

This happens at my church (don't judge haha) When i am in the A/V room there is a signal booster connected with the computer, but it doesn't allow other devices to use the signal. But when i am in the sanctuary it works fine...

But good luck lol

19. pbcrazyboy macrumors member

what school district are you in because my school has the same cisco network. Is the network with the password on it called dana?

20. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Radford City in Radford, Virginia

21. pbcrazyboy macrumors member

O nvmd. Im in stl missouri our school district has 1 wireless network whereu can type in 192.168 and only go on the local intranet such as our districts website and idk whats on the other one. probobly just regular internet with the regular blocks.

22. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

meh.. wasnt so bad for me.... i only got yelled at for 3 days straight, my ipod was thrown down the stairs (thank god for thick silicone cases), and a had to study for 2 weeks straight, no x-box, not comp, no ipod... needless to say i learned my lesson:eek:

23. kolax macrumors G3

Glad my university has an open network.

Only downside is they disabled the communication for P2P programs to work, so using their 20MB connection to download torrents is a no.

Still, Transmission have apparently been working on an HTTP version or something that can bypass those kind of firewalls.

24. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

My college has an open network too...But i can download torrents! and do very often :D !!

25. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Also, in a screwed up way, i got MORE privileges... since i am a "hacker" i get to test the schools security, so my laptop is plugged into the wifi (with some weird app) so in a screwed up way, it helped....