Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Got ios8 handoff to work, really cool.

Does this only work with apple apps?

Is there a list of apps it works with?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Got ios8 handoff to work, really cool.

Does this only work with apple apps?

Is there a list of apps it works with?

Right now, it's just Apple's apps.

There is an API which has to be used on both iOS and Mac apps.

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Can you use it between just iphone and iPad? I can't seem to get it to do anything. Have it all enabled.

This is what I did to get it working. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on all devices. Make sure all devices are signed into the same iCloud account and then turn off and turn back on your devices.

Right now this only works between iOS devices and less you have the developer release of the new OS X for Mac. The phone call handoff setting he is under face time settings on the iPad I had to turn off and turn back on FaceTime for the setting to appear

eoblaed

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2010
This is what I did to get it working. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on all devices. Make sure all devices are signed into the same iCloud account and then turn off and turn back on your devices.

Right now this only works between iOS devices and less you have the developer release of the new OS X for Mac. The phone call handoff setting he is under face time settings on the iPad I had to turn off and turn back on FaceTime for the setting to appear

I've done all that. Still doesn't work between my 5S and my iPad Air.

My 5S can't seem to get the Health App kick started either. Going to do a restore from backup and see if that helps.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Can you use it between just iphone and iPad? I can't seem to get it to do anything. Have it all enabled.

Yes, you can handoff webpages, pictures and email etc. (although I can't get handing off email to work). When I am in an email on the phone, I don't see any option to handoff to the iPad Air. If I press on the email nothing happens. I don't see any icon at the bottom left corner of the screen. I don't see any share icon etc.

Chaztrip

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
West Des Moines

Ok 2 cool things. I got it working and the first time I post on this forum someone from my city answers my post. LOL.

noty

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
I don't even see the handoff option on my iPad 3. I have it enabled on my iPhone 5. How do I get it working on my iPad 3?

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Ok 2 cool things. I got it working and the first time I post on this forum someone from my city answers my post. LOL.

Ha!

Glad you got it working. Just realized my location is a bit old, Des moines is a couple cities ago....Im up north now!

bizzy045

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
i can get handoff to work in all the apps they list except keynote, numbers, and pages..anyone able to get these to work?

zackattack784

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I got handoff to work but it doesn't really work with the messages app. The option appears to handoff but the text I was composing on one device doesn't appear on the other device. It just brings up the person I was messaging but it's blank. Anyone else experiencing this?

bizzy045

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
I am just using it between my iPad air and my 5s. Still can't get any of the iWork apps to work (keynote, numbers, pages)..getting pretty frustrating. if anyone has got these apps to work using handoff, please let me know. thanks.

zackattack784

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I am just using it between my iPad air and my 5s. Still can't get any of the iWork apps to work (keynote, numbers, pages)..getting pretty frustrating. if anyone has got these apps to work using handoff, please let me know. thanks.
Just tried with pages. No go :(.

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013

So you have a handoff option on the Air?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I got handoff to work but it doesn't really work with the messages app. The option appears to handoff but the text I was composing on one device doesn't appear on the other device. It just brings up the person I was messaging but it's blank. Anyone else experiencing this?

That feature has been turned off during beta testing, and will be enabled with a future iOS 8 release in October. That is from Apple and the release notes for Yosemite DP 8.

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013
sucks if the 3 doesn't support it.

----------

That feature has been turned off during beta testing, and will be enabled with a future iOS 8 release in October. That is from Apple and the release notes for Yosemite DP 8.

Supposed to be able to do ipad and iphone handoff now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.