Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Hands-On With Apple's New 'Clips' Video App

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released "Clips," a new app that's designed to make it easy to create short videos that can be easily shared via Messages and social networking apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Clips, as the name suggests, lets you combine several video clips, images, and photos with voice-based titles, music, filters, and graphics to create enhanced videos that are up to an hour in length.

Clips isn't hard to use, but the interface does take a bit of time to get used to, so we went hands-on with the app to show MacRumors readers just how it works.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Hands-On With Apple's New 'Clips' Video App

ILuvEggplant

Suspended
Jul 28, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Was excited for a second.

I thought Clippy was back!

Comment

profets

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
What are those favourite congrats at the top of your share sheet at 3:00? How do I get them?

Interesting - looks like a custom share sheet they're using with shortcuts to send as message to predefined/favourite contacts. I've been hoping to see something like that in share sheets for a few years now. Hopefully it's a sign that it could be coming in iOS 11.

(screenshot from MacRumor's youtube video)

Reactions: scapegoat81
Comment

brilliantthings

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2011
So is that a Mac Rumors or an Apple video?

Interesting - looks like a custom share sheet they're using with shortcuts to send as message to predefined/favourite contacts. I've been hoping to see something like that in share sheets for a few years now. Hopefully it's a sign that it could be coming in iOS 11.

Comment

coolfactor

macrumors 601
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What a dumb icon! Can Apple be any more boring with their icon design?

This app is free because .... just like iMessage, they'll be able to monetize this through a "Clips Store" - stickers, effects, etc. - similar to the iMessage Store. Bet the bank on it.
[doublepost=1491530008][/doublepost]
They need to make it so you can take a photo with it.

Take a photo from within the app? You can.

Comment

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore

The clips app apparently uses a lot of custom APIs available only to Apple. I can see why they had to do this rather than outsource it to a third party developer.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.