Yeah I've decided to skip this iteration if possible even though I'm starting to consider my next laptop. So I'm getting my 2012 MBP keyboard replaced out of warranty. I inadvertently dragged a vase down onto it quite awhile back while flipping a cable out of my way, ding'd one key so bad it even broke the underpinnings and mysteriously also disabled a bunch of adjoining keys... so I've been using an original magic BT kb with it. I was waiting for the warranty to expire bc I know my kb replacement is not covered. So now I'm going to get that addressed and also get the spinning drive swapped out for an SSD. The 2012 machine is a 2016 apple refurb purchase, so warranty just expired, and the thing still does meet my needs now. Plus tbh I do still really like having an inbuilt optical drive, I have a bunch of favored DVD movies. So I'd rather postpone a replacement buy for awhile and see what comes after this interim update.... but if the 2012 machine I bought in 2016 croaked right now I might go for the 2019 update. I'm not a big fan of how that butterfly kb feels but knowing it's replaceable under the 4y warranty, I could live with it. But not unless it turns out I have to.