Hard Case for Iphone 6 plus (prevent bending)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BrioBriss, Oct 23, 2014.

1. BrioBriss macrumors regular

Hi guys, I actually made my research and I still can't find exactly what I need. I'm actually looking for a real rigid case that will prevent my Iphone 6 plus to bend if it's in my front pocket. Most of the "hard case" examples I see on youtube review/some review websites, are still bendable on some level. I'm looking for something really hard like in metal case or something but nothing looks like that it's not bendable from what I saw yet.

Any help would be really grateful! Thanks in advance!

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I really doubt you will find a case that won't bend, unless it is made of concrete. There has to be some give, or you'd never be able to get the phone in the case.

If Lifeproof has one out yet for the 6 Plus, they are pretty rugged.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Agreed. Even putting a metal plate in the case wouldn't do much unless it was so thick as to be impractical or at least aesthetically displeasing. Thin things bend. :(

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

What if the hard cases are actually bending the phones?

5. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Struggling to get the phone into the case could be an issue, I suppose.

I've had mine in :apple: silicone case since day one. It's still perfect.

6. BrioBriss thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, but do you wear it in your front pocket?

7. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Not much... I'm a woman so I usually have a purse with me. At times I do slip it into my jeans pocket, front, but I never sit down with in my pocket always take it out.

8. BrioBriss thread starter macrumors regular

Alright thanks for the info :)

9. stasha macrumors 6502

The spigen case is okay because its 2 component you put the flexible first and the hard body after so it will not bent your iphone when you trying to put it and take it off, if you using one piece metal case you will have difficulty to put it and take it off

10. wxman2003 Suspended

Spigen Thin Fit Matte finish is actually a very good rigid case. It is less flexible than any of the other Spigen cases, including the Tough Armor. The weakest point of the phone is generally the weakest point in most cases. However, the thin fit is very hard to bend and acts like a strong back plate on the phone. It won't provide much drop protection, but it will provide adequate bend protection.

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen%C2%AE-Non-Slip-Perfect-Fit-Premium-Excellent/dp/B00MAWSV0M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1414109856&sr=8-2&keywords=spigen+thin+fit

11. Caesars macrumors regular

Watching how people remove cases... It is no wonder why they are bending. "let me just yank this top corner out until the case feels like it's going to bend".

12. goknicks macrumors member

Spigen Ultra Hybrid here.

since bend gate came around what I do (not that it's proven) is put the top side first and press the bottom part to the case.

taking the case off is the reverse: push bottom out first

13. Haney6842 macrumors newbie

Spendy but I'm sure it won't bend

http://www.elementcase.com/ronin-for-iphone6-a/358.htm

14. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

I'm with you on looking for some kind of case that might make the i6+ more rigid.
    I believe something like ElementCase type cases might be the ones to look out for. They usually allow you to slide the phone in and then you fasten the phone in with a top frame piece that gets fastened into the rest of the case with screws. i don't think they have one for the iPhone 6 yet. But i'm sure its coming.

Or maybe a case with 2 "L" like frames that get fastened together and keep the iPhone snug inside, those might make the iPhone 6+ a bit more rigid. I guess we just have to wait and see what the designers will come out with hopefully some time soon.

But then again, with all these aluminum or titanium type cases, I'm sure reception/signal loss might be an issue. Maybe something out of carbon fibre?

----------

Thats exactly it, hopefully will be out for the i6+
    Agreed, definitely pricey, but then again its all relative.

15. Altruistic macrumors member

I was thinking about these cool but pricey cases ---

The EXOvault looks sturdy and with a good solution for getting them in and out of such a sturdy case (http://exovault.com) without manhandling the phone. Very expensive but pretty cool looking. DiffCase is another one, with a sturdy design, but they haven't announced one for the iPhone 6/6 Plus (http://diffcase.com).

16. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I came here to post about Element Case. They make the best smartphone cases period. [​IMG]
    This case looks incredible, but the $199.99 does not.

17. Altruistic macrumors member

Forgot this sturdy case ---

Coming soon http://www.hitcase.com/iphone6 will probably be very sturdy looking at their iPhone 5 cases, and is priced pretty competitively with a well thought out mounting system to get your phone in and out without forcing it.

18. wermy macrumors regular

Hey cool, a thread about exactly the question I logged on to ask. :)

I'd love to find a super-sturdy case as well so I can stop worry about bending (yeah yeah, I know, not everyone's phone will bend... I'm just paranoid I guess). The element Ronin ones look awesome, but their website has no info about when we might see a 6+ version - it just directs you to sign up for their email list (which would imply it'll be a while). :(

19. Altruistic macrumors member

Would a battery case be a sturdy option?

I've never used one, but a battery case would need to have good protection for the battery itself and the better ones would have a slide on case option. The ones that have a almost solid frame would be additional support. And I would think extra power would always be welcome.

20. wermy macrumors regular

I had this same thought. I bet it would be sturdy enough, I just worry about how much bulk that would add to the already-huge 6+ :\

21. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Definitely a good idea, my only concern is adding even more real estate with he battery back case on a pretty big phone already. One of the other reasons i ordered the i6+ was for the all day battery.

But definitely a good idea for someone who doesn't care about adding more juice and size to the i6+

22. themyst macrumors 6502

If you're willing to pay the premium, look into the Seidio Surface. That case is rigid as hell.

23. bentgate macrumors member

I have my iPhone 6 sitting on my table still wrapped. I'm deciding whether to use it or return it. I was planning on slapping it in an Otterbox Commuter anyway, would this do the trick?

Is there any real way of avoiding this problem?

24. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Just FYI, your user name may prompt some vitriol here on the boards.

Use the phone. Just use it normally, with a decent case, get AppleCare if you are that concerned, and don't worry so much. Even though there are several reports of bending, it's a tiny fraction of the number of phones out there. Don't let something that is relatively minor in the grand scheme of things control your life.

25. mjschabow macrumors 65816

The best way to avoid having a bent phone is to not bend the phone.