Hard Facts - Verizon iPhone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crackbookpro, Dec 29, 2010.

?

Will there be a Verizon iPhone???

1. Yes, it is coming in June of 2011.

29 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. Yes, it is coming in the 1st quarter of 2011.

62 vote(s)
    45.9%
  3. Yes, it is coming in 2012, after the AT&T contract breaches.

13 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. No, these verification tests are simply for a CDMA-based phone for other nations... not Verizon..

13 vote(s)
    9.6%
  5. No, there will never be a Verizon iPhone.

18 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Ok, so the debate is astronomical. :eek: Verizon iPhone or NO Verizon iPhone in 2011...

Many here, think the Verizon iPhone is debuting in June of 2011. Well, that may be the case... We may see a Verizon iPhone coming with the gaining power & presence of Verizon's LTE infrastructure throughout the states this year, and I think many will truly be happy for the wait...

But, the reality is, there are only reports of a CDMA-based iPhone in verification tests. Or, what am I missing... What are the hard facts? Where is the true correlation of Verizon & the iPhone? Does the CDMA iPhone verifications tests alone tell what is about to transpire in the coming months?

One hard fact is - Verizon may not get the iPhone, and the rest of the world will be able to purchase a CDMA-based iPhone. :mad:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

My, oh my, another Verizon iPhone thread? What a surprise! :D

Seriously though, I cannot wait until this thing finally lands on Big Red's network and these threads will finally end. (until, of course, the Sprint ones begin)

I predict WWDC 11'. :)

4. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

After that it will be for Sprint, then T-Mobile, then Bosst Mobile and finally Virgin mobile, this stuff will never end, speculation runs rampid thru this forum, we sometimes have to just live with it. I can not wait until it hits Verizon, I want to see everyone complain about the iPhone being limited on their network, or outages from Data consumption, but I do not believe there will be a mass exodus on AT&T, I am here left VZ and will never go back.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Is it too soon to start speculating when the iPhone will come to Cricket? :p

6. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Except for T-Mobile, all those networks, Wicked, are Sprint CDMA. Unless you're referring to Boost's iDEN network - but I know Boost also has CDMA.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

OK, for all intensive purposes, WTF is rampid? :D

8. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

And there was also a rumor recently that the new iPad would have a CDMA version, as well.

9. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

To the both of you, I NEVER ever want to see a Virgin, Cricket, or Boost Mobile iPhone thread. T-Mobile and Sprint yes (because they're actually worth the time for Apple), but anything else would be just sad. :D

10. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

WTF is "for all intensive purposes"? I've heard of "for all intents and purposes", but not the other. :D

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Dude, I could care less. :D

12. black743 macrumors 6502

So why isn't there an option for what most of the rumors discuss....January/February 2011?

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Until there is an announcement by either Apple or Verizon there are no hard facts.

/thread

14. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

This thread is new and original.
    I have never seen another like it.

15. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Had to let out a little chuckle! :D

16. Surely Guest

Surely

Bwahaha

17. wongster41 macrumors regular

Steve Jobs is my father and he told me it's coming out in 3 days. Just wait and see guys!

18. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Why can't you just post in EVERY OTHER Verizon iPhone thread? God i'm getting tired of hearing those two words in unison.

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm going to start a new thread with a poll.

What's more annoying?

Inane forum threads on the Verizon iPhone
    Inane front page articles on the Verizon iPhone
    Inane page two articles on the Verizon iPhone
    All of the above
    I like turtles

20. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Only if I you specify that it's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. All other turtles are inferior.

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT TMNT.
    Discuss.

21. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

My guess is Verizon will carry it on launch day!

22. Loveappletech macrumors newbie

I really don't see a verizon iPhone happening. Everyone wants a Verizon iPhone to happen, but Verizon really isn't that great. I love AT&T's service where I live, in fact I pretty much always have better service then some people on Verizon. Plus AT&T's network is more convienent and more high tech than Verizon, I mean think about it CDMA doesn't have the same roaming capabilities as the iPhones current network chip and also Verizon hasn't even completed expanding it's 3G network. Also being able to use both voice and data at the same time is great. I would see the iPhone possibly going to T-Mobile before ever going to Verizon. Even though T-Mobile sucks. And there little adds about not being able to webcam chat off the iPhone are so stupid, all you need to do is use the yahoo messenger app for over 3G. But besides the point I think it depends on where you live and travel, for me AT&T has great service and is very fast and dependable.

23. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Not for some of us...

24. black743 macrumors 6502

AT&T was so bad, I actually paid to break my contract, I never could make it through a call without dropping.

What is it with all the folks who think Verizon will never get an iPhone, as if its some magical thing that only AT&T is allowed to carry? Verizon is the largest carrier in the U.S., and if Apple didn't care about them, then why did Steve Jobs himself mention a Verizon tower existing on Apple's campus for testing purposes?

Give it a rest...the iPhone will soon be on Verizon and likely all other carriers. If AT&T hasn't gotten over its "we have the iPhone and that's all we need" attitude, then they will fail as a company quickly. Lesson: NEVER put all your eggs (or phones) in one basket.

25. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Very well said. Yeah, I expect it to eventually make its way to T-Mobile and Sprint as well.