Has anyone considered a different phone brand?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Duncanator, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

With the issues I have been having I have seriously considered returning my phone and getting a different manufacturer such as Google Pixel XL, LG V20, etc. Has anyone else considered this, or done this, and if so what are your results? I love Apple and have used every line of product they have. I'm just peeved with the 7+ issue that I have.

2. pst23 macrumors 6502

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

4. jetsam macrumors 6502

Well, I gave serious thought to the Note 7. Glad I decided to go with the 7 Plus!

I don't know what problem you're having, but my 7 Plus has been flawless - knock on wood!

5. steveh552 macrumors regular

I hear the Note 7 is Da Bomb.

I actually traded my 6s Plus in for a Note 7 on Note launch day, regretted it, then came the recall and now I am back on team iPhone, I wont make the mistake again.

6. jetsam macrumors 6502

It's the HOTTEST phone out there!

7. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

The Note 7 is on fire!

Would not go Samsung but I am considering the Google Pixel XL or the LG V20.

8. pr0230 Suspended

I feel your pain... I want to buy a 7+ but with all the issues being reported, I am sticking with my 5s... Turn the phone back in , maybe in the next 3 or 4 phones you will get one that works...

9. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

The only other phone to make me think twice about staying with apple was the S7 edge. Gorgeous looking phone however I just have too much invested in iOS to leave.

10. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Still only Samsung

Anyone who says LG is superior has no idea what they're talking about. The G3, G4, G5, and V10 have all been plagued with boot loop and various other quality control issues.

11. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

What issues are you having? If it's hardware related get in contact with Apple. You're still under warranty so they can either repair or replace it.

12. Mr.C macrumors 601

LOL.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---
    I've had no issues so far with my 7 Plus and I've had it since launch day.

13. Pd1987 macrumors member

Pd1987

I'm excited for the Pixel XL. Really bummed about the Note 7 because that was a beautiful phone!

14. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

I've never had a problem with iPhone or a reason to change.
    The Samsung range do look nice, but now that iPhones come in larger display sizes there's nothing to tempt me to them.
    As a MacBook user its also very nice to have everything easily in sync, iCloud Photo Library is massive for me.

15. CEmajr macrumors 601

No. The iPhone just has a level of reliability and post-sale customer support that the competition has yet to match. The most important thing for me is to have my phone always working and running smoothly. iPhone is unmatched in that area.

16. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Used to use two phones; Note 5 and iPhone 6S+. I scaled back to work only device (6S+).
    I have tried a few others including a Nexus 6P on Google Fi. Nexus was good but the camera was poor in low light.
    Wife currently has an HTC One. Great build but the Sense software is wonky at times.
    Looked at and was going to go with the Note 7 till the recent issues. Seriously looking at the Pixel XL.
    I did look at the iPhone 7+ and found no reason to upgrade.
    Whatever you decide, best of luck.

17. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Why?

I have a 6s+. I didn't get the 7 because I already have fugly with my 6s+ and I don't intend to double down on fugly with the 7's camera bulge.

My 6s+ works. It will work until I replace it with whatever phone Apple has next year. Hopefully it won't be triple fugly next year. Otherwise, I will wait again.

Coincidentally, my iPhone 6s+ is the first iPhone I've owned that has lasted over a year.

Should Apple ever do anything to force me to another brand it will be Windows Mobile. Can't stand Android, even on good looking phones.

18. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

What is sad, is you ask for suggestions / help and all most posters do is get down on your selection, not because you are looking at alternatives, rather because you are looking at something other than an iPhone. :(

19. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

I've had more issues with Samesung phones then any other brand combined.

20. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502

OriginalAppleGuy

The Pixel may be the closest thing to the Apple experience since the operating system and manufacturer will be the same. But it's Google's first so I'd wait and see what, if any, users will experience. It will also have the same issues all the rest of the Android systems do which are very concerning to me. Most importantly, I don't believe the system is as secure as iOS. Version fragmentation is huge as devices as new as a year old are not supported. App developers must accommodate for that as well as the differences in hardware.

I have the 7+ and so far have not had any issues with it. I'm curious about the issues you say you experience. Can you provide details?

21. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

Do you understand why there's a camera bulge? It has to do with the body of the phone distorting the flash as happened on every iPhone prior to the 6. It's why just about every phone has a camera bulge for the same exact reason.

22. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

No problems here. Always have and always will stick with the iPhone.

23. xotigu macrumors member

iOS forever. and yep, that's a preference and not being a sheep.

24. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

25. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

HTC might not be around much longer though.