Has anyone considered a different phone brand?

Duncanator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
With the issues I have been having I have seriously considered returning my phone and getting a different manufacturer such as Google Pixel XL, LG V20, etc. Has anyone else considered this, or done this, and if so what are your results? I love Apple and have used every line of product they have. I'm just peeved with the 7+ issue that I have.

pr0230

Suspended
Feb 7, 2013
With the issues I have been having I have seriously considered returning my phone and getting a different manufacturer such as Google Pixel XL, LG V20, etc. Has anyone else considered this, or done this, and if so what are your results? I love Apple and have used every line of product they have. I'm just peeved with the 7+ issue that I have.
I feel your pain... I want to buy a 7+ but with all the issues being reported, I am sticking with my 5s... Turn the phone back in , maybe in the next 3 or 4 phones you will get one that works...

heyyitssusan

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2014
What issues are you having? If it's hardware related get in contact with Apple. You're still under warranty so they can either repair or replace it.

Reactions: Duncanator

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
I've never had a problem with iPhone or a reason to change.
The Samsung range do look nice, but now that iPhones come in larger display sizes there's nothing to tempt me to them.
As a MacBook user its also very nice to have everything easily in sync, iCloud Photo Library is massive for me.

Rhonindk

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2014
watching the birth of the Dem WTH Party
Used to use two phones; Note 5 and iPhone 6S+. I scaled back to work only device (6S+).
I have tried a few others including a Nexus 6P on Google Fi. Nexus was good but the camera was poor in low light.
Wife currently has an HTC One. Great build but the Sense software is wonky at times.
Looked at and was going to go with the Note 7 till the recent issues. Seriously looking at the Pixel XL.
I did look at the iPhone 7+ and found no reason to upgrade.
Whatever you decide, best of luck.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Why?

I have a 6s+. I didn't get the 7 because I already have fugly with my 6s+ and I don't intend to double down on fugly with the 7's camera bulge.

My 6s+ works. It will work until I replace it with whatever phone Apple has next year. Hopefully it won't be triple fugly next year. Otherwise, I will wait again.

Coincidentally, my iPhone 6s+ is the first iPhone I've owned that has lasted over a year.

Should Apple ever do anything to force me to another brand it will be Windows Mobile. Can't stand Android, even on good looking phones.

Reactions: Ulenspiegel

Rhonindk

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2014
watching the birth of the Dem WTH Party
What is sad, is you ask for suggestions / help and all most posters do is get down on your selection, not because you are looking at alternatives, rather because you are looking at something other than an iPhone. :(

Superrjamz54

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2015
Still only Samsung

Anyone who says LG is superior has no idea what they're talking about. The G3, G4, G5, and V10 have all been plagued with boot loop and various other quality control issues.
I've had more issues with Samesung phones then any other brand combined.

OriginalAppleGuy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
The Pixel may be the closest thing to the Apple experience since the operating system and manufacturer will be the same. But it's Google's first so I'd wait and see what, if any, users will experience. It will also have the same issues all the rest of the Android systems do which are very concerning to me. Most importantly, I don't believe the system is as secure as iOS. Version fragmentation is huge as devices as new as a year old are not supported. App developers must accommodate for that as well as the differences in hardware.

I have the 7+ and so far have not had any issues with it. I'm curious about the issues you say you experience. Can you provide details?

Superrjamz54

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2015
Why?

I have a 6s+. I didn't get the 7 because I already have fugly with my 6s+ and I don't intend to double down on fugly with the 7's camera bulge.

My 6s+ works. It will work until I replace it with whatever phone Apple has next year. Hopefully it won't be triple fugly next year. Otherwise, I will wait again.

Coincidentally, my iPhone 6s+ is the first iPhone I've owned that has lasted over a year.

Should Apple ever do anything to force me to another brand it will be Windows Mobile. Can't stand Android, even on good looking phones.
Do you understand why there's a camera bulge? It has to do with the body of the phone distorting the flash as happened on every iPhone prior to the 6. It's why just about every phone has a camera bulge for the same exact reason.