Has anyone tried iWood for iPhone yet?

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
^LOL Crazy glue...

In my opinion this is ridiculous, albeit the fit and finnish of these iWood cases looks outstanding, this has to be about the most ridiculous modification/accessory that I've seen in awhile. What purpose do these really add besides a little bling... surely it will not add protection by cushioning a fall and infact from what I have read, will only add scratches and inconveniences at significant cost. What a worthless product flying in the face of what Apple is all about really. Beautiful but worthless.:rolleyes:

kaidoy021

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
SolRayz...I'm sure people took into account all these factors before taking the plunge. I enjoy the elegance and "bling". It's a nice piece of craftmenship. But to "each their own" as the saying goes.

On another note, Peter responded back to me and he's sending a FREE replacement. I'm happy they offer such great customer service.

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
On another note, Peter responded back to me and he's sending a FREE replacement. I'm happy they offer such great customer service.
Good to hear. I'd highly recommend them on their customer service alone.

And 'elegance' is the word I'd use for the case. Some folks are willing to spend $100 on a leather case, I'd rather go for wood myself :) That's the beauty of individualism.

kaidoy021

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Carmen...Here's a pic of my bottom half in three pieces. Must of hit the right spot for it to split like that.

Kurbi

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
iWood Tight Fit

Got my gorgeous iPhone iWood today. I't beautiful, but does have fit problems. As others stated...can't get to the silence switch and the fit is so tight that the volume rocker lever stays depressed. I've e-mailed the company for suggestions, but my guess is that I'll need to get out an X-Acto knife and some sand paper.

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2006
yeah let's buy something for $599 and cover it with wood - looks hideous
Not sure i understand your comment. Some of the most beautiful things ever made have been made out of wood. Not saying this is one of them obviously, but i'm confused as to why you think covering something in wood is such an idiotic thing (based on your sarcasm)

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Not sure i understand your comment. Some of the most beautiful things ever made have been made out of wood. Not saying this is one of them obviously, but i'm confused as to why you think covering something in wood is such an idiotic thing (based on your sarcasm)
cause imo it looks horrible

thats nice

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2006
This product looks fantastic, although as others have said the silence switch would be a problem for me. If that was fixed and i had some more money to splash around i would definitely get this. It looks a lot better than all the leather cases out there, that being said I do like the simple elegant look of all the apple products and have my ipods and iphone covered in InvisibleShield :)

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
Iwood IPhone Walnut Case

Anyone have any other pics of the Iwood Iphone Case in Walnut ?
Can't seem to find any pics of walnut other than what is on their site...

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
Iwood and Phone Autolock

Has anyone ever had any issues with the Iwood case on your Iphone and it going into Auto-Lock ?

Mine is not doing that after the Iwood case, The screen dims but has stopped going into Auto-Lock.

Is it just me.....

Swinglines

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
Just bought a case

I have just received the iwood case for my 1st gen iphone and i have just upgraded to 3g i was wondering if i could exchange? :confused: Thanks

jeffmerch

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
Wood i? I think iWood.

I accidently[sic] dropped my case on my bathroom tile floor. The bottom half of my case shattered into three pieces. There goes my beautiful case. The risk of buying a wooden case.:(
Gosh. I am glad that you are getting a replacement for your broken iWood but you have scared the heck out of me. I too am partial to the Padouk but I always drop my phones - more often than not, on the pavement.

Anyone know anything about wood density? I'm thinking that because of its small, relatively straight woodgrain, that the Mahogany would be better suited for me. At $100+ I would rather it not be felled with a single mighty blow. Then again, I just can't do a dopey rubber case that is going to stick to the inside of my pocket.

Form over function? Yeah, I know, I'm barking up the wrong tree...

Reefbone

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Form over function? Yeah, I know, I'm barking up the wrong tree...
These cases are definitely bling over function.

I have noticed that the bottom piece over the dock port) holds to the iPhone a bit snugger than the top piece sometimes.
Key word in above quote is 'sometimes'. Wood moves and warps with differences in humidity. Depending on where you are, the difference between inside and outside summer humidity could wreak havoc on the case. I think you would be best to go with a tight grained wood such as maple or cherry. However as thin as these cases are, I would still be surprised to see one (in use) last longer than a year.

The cherry would darken and get richer over time. A sunbath will speed this process.

Paduck goes from bright red to warm brown over time. Not for me.

A Birds eye maple would be cool and I think inherently stronger yet possibly more prone to warping. The material cost is 50-75% more as well. ( Still only a few dollars based on size)

Although the company seems to be pretty nice about replacments...I still say if you can't afford to have it broken then don't buy it. I certainly can't fault anyone for getting one. They do look sweet. I would love one but unfortunately I'm just not in the right tax bracket

danieldelgado29

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2008
Pleasant Hill
I order this case....First I got the wrong case. I order a 3g case and I got iphone case...but they exchanged it with no issues. I hope this case kickass because it going mt crown jewel of my collection.

stoplis

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2009
I bought an iWood 'knock-off' on ebay from Hong Kong. It arived today and I'm quite impressed with the quality.
I thought I'd post some pictures of it.

The buttons work fine, I can only just reach the silence switch.
The case is well finished, with no sharp edges, but it hadn't been cleaned very well inside.
My only critism with this case is that the bottom half is tighter than the top, which makes removing the bottom half for putting in a dock aqward.

I bought an iWood 'knock-off' on ebay from Hong Kong. It arived today and I'm quite impressed with the quality.
I thought I'd post some pictures of it.

The buttons work fine, I can only just reach the silence switch.
The case is well finished, with no sharp edges, but it hadn't been cleaned very well inside.
My only critism with this case is that the bottom half is tighter than the top, which makes removing the bottom half for putting in a dock aqward.
I bought my mom an iphone a few days ago... she'd love this case...

how much?

thanks for the pics

stoplis

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2009
£43.80, free delivery to the UK. I really like it so far. Theres two on ebay.com $69.99 free delivery.

ecekat

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2009
hi all,
i am new member!
has anyone tried i wood for over two months??is it good protection??