has anyone worn out an apple pencil

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rowspaxe, Jul 27, 2018.

1. rowspaxe macrumors 68000

rowspaxe

Hi. I have had the apple pencil for about a year and it is showing no discernible wear.
    Has anyone had an issue with pencil tip wear?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

My pencil battery does not last near as long as it used to last and it is just a year old.

3. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

I wore out a tip about 3 months in, but did not change that pencil tip since.

4. spiderman0616 macrumors 68040

spiderman0616

Still haven’t worn out a tip, and I do not see any kind of wear and tear on the Pencil at all. It’s a very resilient accessory.

5. darkarn macrumors 6502a

I didn't manage to wear mine out; accidentally lost it somehow :p

Now on my new one, didn't wear it out too (yet)

6. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Funny you should post this because just yesterday I was wondering where I put the additional tip that comes with it because I was thinking I've had this same pencil for a very long time now (when they first came out) and have not had to replace the tip and the battery is just fine. So I was wondering when the tip was going to go out and so far it's been just fine.
    There are rumors of a new pencil coming out which I will probably get and keep this one since I have two iPads it can work on.
    Don't worry, it' a GREAT little long lasting device.

7. bensisko macrumors 65816

i’ve been through a few tips and i’m on my second Pencil (apparently the Pencil doesn’t like being dropped in a puddle...).

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My local Apple Store was very happy to provide me replacement tips when I damaged one of mine...

9. RevTEG macrumors 6502

RevTEG

Ive been using the pencil since just after it launched. It took me awhile to actually find one in stock. Anyway, mine doesn't show any wear. I have worn through one tip.

I will say this... the cap that covers the lighting charging "thingy" didn't survive my two year daughters teeth... I should have been paying better attention. lol Thankful Apple replaced it. Replaced the cap.. not the daughter. :)

10. Brian Y macrumors 68040

I've been through a couple of tips, they still work but after a while they seem to feel scratchy.

I bought some fake ones from Ali express - much cheaper than apple's and they seem to last longer!

11. Ries macrumors 68000

Mine died after some months in the drawer, wouldn't charge anymore.

12. Fatyank macrumors regular

Fatyank

That's too funny. Made my day. Subtle humor is the best

13. anthony13 macrumors regular

I lost my lightning cap and charging turn around ages ago. would apple replace a lost object? can you buy those?

14. CPTmom2wp macrumors regular

CPTmom2wp

I replaced the cap with a stylus tip and those can be purchased from Amazon. It really expands the usefulness of the Apple Pencil.

[​IMG]

15. anthony13 macrumors regular

WOW I had no idea these existed.

16. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

Ive had the Pencil for over a year and a half and am still on the original tip with moderate usage. I don't really know what it takes to wear out the tips but I cant imagine that normal usage on the screen is going to affect it all that much.