Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HardDemon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
Mine went really slow :S And crashes if it plays an app for more then like 20 mins? What about you guys?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Mine went really slow :S And crashes if it plays an app for more then like 20 mins? What about you guys?

not Issues after I restored from backup and got Facetime and MMS back, I had an issue of ads showing on my settings screen, but it was a small bug on Activator that let the ads stuck for a while. That is gone (at least on my device) now.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Jaulbroke last and everything went smoothly on the first try. It's only a month in but the phone feels like a totally different phone all over again.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Which iPhone are you talking about? On the 3G and 3GS, there is no speed decrease from jailbreaking (of course, otherwise it would be called jailbraking). What is slowing the iPhone down is the apps and various settings that you install on the phone afterward. For me, personally, the biggest speed loss was after I set up a background and five apps in a row.

I don't think that this would be any different from doing the jailbreak on the iPhone 4. You can do a restore and do it again, if you experience the problem.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Say bye bye to long lasting battery. Every jb I have done for both iPad and iPhone cause quick battery drain.

MT0227

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
No issues for me, battery seems to be acting no differently unless I have MyWi running.

Jukes316

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
Have any of you done it for the i4?

I'm at work debating if I should.
Since it's in Safari are you suppose to do a restore afterwards or do you just jb it and your good to go?

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
It's not the jailbreak itself, but rather the number of jailbroken apps you're running that is causing the issue.

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Have any of you done it for the i4?

I'm at work debating if I should.
Since it's in Safari are you suppose to do a restore afterwards or do you just jb it and your good to go?

A large number of people that have jailbroken thus far are iPhone 4 users.

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2009
i am on iphone 4 and i am having trouble downloading JB apps. every time i DL one it quits half way thru, and a few apps that did DL dont even work. my tap to unlock app isn't working, nor is SBSettings and halo rank battery.

jw12345678

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I lost all internet access through the mobile network, and found that the carrier settings menu item had disappeared completely too. The phone told me I had 3G, but couldn't connect to it. Didn't even get as far as testing facetime or mms.

Jukes316

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
What does looking at your sig do for me....?

I see all your Apple devices there but didn't really tell me about JBing it.

smacman

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
Believe it or not, the jailbreak has INCREASED my battery life. Let me explain. Prior to the jailbreak, I was finding that the phone was losing 5-10% per hour even while sleeping. After the jailbreak, this was resolved. I then noticed that Skype was no longer multi-tasking. After the jailbreak, Skype for some reason has reverted to an on/off app. In my opinion, Skype was the cause of my battery drain, and the way my phone is functioning in it's jailbroken state is actually preferable to the way it was when Skype was sucking my battery dry.

Just my experience. Ymmv...

thefordmccord

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
I'm not really happy with my 3GS after the jailbreak. I was having problems with data connections and overall stability. I just restored from my backup to remove the jailbreak and I am going to hold out a while longer for a more stable release.

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
*touching* phone makes signal go to 1 bar constantly....i get 'no sim' messages every 10 minutes now rather than a few times a week!

dialling out is fine, ringing in goes to voicemail 90% of the time even with bars...

never mind the fact that big boss is down so all i have installed is Cydia rofl...

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Other than the various app servers being flooded and unreachable most of the time, no problems. The jailbreak went smoothly and I haven't noticed any problems since applying it.

GeorgeBear

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
My 3GS was JB using Spirit before, and everything run ok apart from a few apps which only worked on 4.0. So upgraded and now finding alot of cydia apps not working and crashing my iphone.

iRealsms
iProtect
Proswitcher
Infinidock
Infiniboard

Seen on the Irealsms that it is working so maybe need to have a good look at that.

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
my iHome clock-radio will no longer charge my iphone 4. Worked fine before the jailbreak!
Edit: nevermind. Took it off then back on and now it's working. Weird...

Other than that, no problems whatsoever.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
I installed sbsettings and it made my network coverage disappear. Not sure why that is the case, and obviously I was worried as hell since it rendered my phone feature useless. So I uninstalled it and got my AT&T service back. Thank God.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.