Has your Best Buy reservation come in yet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by porcupine8, Mar 15, 2011.

1. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I saw some rumors on here a couple days ago that some BBs would be getting shipments on Tuesday. I have not gotten a call yet, has anyone else? I put down a deposit on Saturday, they couldn't tell me what # I was in line but she did say that the model I wanted (16GB wifi) wasn't very popular so I should be near the front of the line.

Have any of you gotten your call from Best Buy?

2. JenBen75 macrumors newbie

I went yesterday and put down the $$ for my reservation. No call yet. Hopefully my chances are better at BB than waiting the est 4-5weeks from Apple. The gal there that took my reservation said my chances were good given that more people were reserving the non-3G models and I want the 3G. Just waiting waiting waiting!

3. hallaisen macrumors regular

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Same with me :( Hope they get some in soon

5. brettatk macrumors regular

I was 4th or 5th in line waiting for a Black 16GB wifi only. Haven't heard anything.

6. kokesh macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

same here..no call

7. deadstockmarket macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

No dice here either. I checked the website and you can't even search inventory anymore.

8. KTS1010 macrumors newbie

Still yet to hear from them as well, man I want my pad! :( :( :(

9. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

No word yet, darn it!! Maybe I should switch my 64GB Wi-fi to a 3G model!

10. hallaisen macrumors regular

im surprised that literally no best buys have received any more stock since launch. at least that what it seems like. oh well, crossing my fingers for tomorrow.

11. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

Thats what it seems like but some people reported their Best Buy receiving two at a time which is nuts.

I placed a preorder but they didnt get any yet so I preordered at my other Best Buy and saw a pretty thick stack of preorders. So it really looks like some people may need to wait a long time for their iPad 2.

12. Davichi macrumors 6502

There is no way in heck best buy will get units before apple. Most of apple stores did not receive any shipments since Friday and Saturday. My local best buy explained that they will get some more in next week with just about 2-3 units.

Apple is in 100% control of iPad 2 shipment. It is very very likely that Apple will throw most of them for their retail stores and online stores.

With online orders are being back ordered as long as 4-5 weeks, I don't see best buy getting enough shipments to fulfill their pre-orders. NO F way.

Apple makes less money by selling iPads thru best buy, target and other 3rd retail stores.

In all honesty, apple wants to sell their ipads thru their retail stores and online store.

Your best chance is to call apple store every day and line up for the day that they get shipment.

I don't expect best buy will be able to do anything on this issue. I can see iPad will be on back order until iPhone 5 comes out.

13. kokesh macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

This is kind of a good point, but it doesn't really stand given that there have been shipments to best buys and targets since friday. Also, by your logic they wouldn't sell any at all to best buy or target, since they make more money by selling directly. What about places that dont have Apple stores? The closest apple store to me is over an hour away; yet there are multiple best buys and targets within 30 minutes of me. By selling to these places, they increase their target market size. I am not willing to drive an hour to go to the apple store, and I would rather not wait 4 weeks for an online order. So they can either get my sale from best buy and make $300 off me (or whatever the profit is from a best buy sale) or get $0 from me.

14. brettatk, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

brettatk macrumors regular

I think the other stores will get shipments, but they will be much smaller than what the Apple stores get. I'll be happy if my Best Buy only gets 5 units in since I'm up towards the top of the list. :)

15. Davichi macrumors 6502

Disagree... about that 0 from you w/e statement. People will buy iPad 2 no matter what at launch and there will be shortages. Best buy will be getting iPAd 2s yes. But, apple will most likely focus on their retail stores and online first.

Does apple ship in US? Yes, they do. So, your argument really fails about people who don't live close by apple store. Of course, best buy stores will get some, but no where near as apple's.

Initially, the apple online order was 3-5 days. Anyone could have ordered early and got that shipment. Now, it's 4-5 weeks. You make sound like apple will always deliver their products within 4-5 weeks shipping time. No.

Everyone is having issues because they want them as soon as possible and apple is struggling to meet their demands.

To be honest, I don't really care whether apple gets 300 dollars from you or not....

It's really logic to see that apple will send most of shipments to their stores and online stores before AT&T, target, best buy and walmart stores.

If you want to disagree and call 3-4 units delievery as a shipment... please do so. But, Apple store will get way more than that.

Too bad that somehow people think that best buy will get enough shipments to fulfill their pre-orders.

No. They won't. At least apple gives you an estimated time. Did best buy do that? No.

16. kokesh macrumors regular

lol I didn't say that apple won't focus on their own stores. I agree with you that ape stores will get more iPads than other stores. But the fact remains that Apple IS still shipping to best buy and target. Check those threads, people have been getting them today and yesterday at Target and best buy.

And no my argument doesn't fail because apple ships anywhere in US. If you are going to take that stance then you have to be willing to take the stance that they don't profit off retail locations. Retail locations hit a different audience than the people on macrumors. Some people will buy a xoom or galaxy when they see the iPad out of stock at best buy, they wont go to apple.com. Also the stores allow you to try iPad before you buy. That brings in more customers an makes more sales.

I didnt say apple always delivers in 4-5 weeks. That's the situation now.

Hahahah it doesn't matter that YOU don't care if apple gets $300 from me. Apple cares. If they didnt, they wouldn't sell to best buy. No, they don't care if they get MY $300 specifically, but they care about millions of people who are going to buy at Best buy or target or wal mart.

You said all that and then changed the definition of shipment. So we went through all this for nothing. Yes, 3-4 units is a shipment. I agree with you that apple will focus on their stores. That doesn't mean that some best buys won't get units before some apple stores, because they clearly are in some cases.

17. Davichi macrumors 6502

Dear god... you are so picky, aren't you?

3-4 units is hardly considered as shipment when there are 100-200 people in the area is looking for one. I don't gamble with that kind of chance.

18. kokesh macrumors regular

Haha I don't know that I'm picky. I'm just defending what I said because you said that my arguments failed?

I understand your point but we are talking about reservations here, not gambling. There are several of us here that are #1 or #2 on the list. Which isn't much of a gamble, even if a few units come in there is still a good chance we can get one. To me that is way less of a gamble than what a lot of people are doing, sitting outside apple stores for hours every morning without even knowing whether they have any :)

19. Davichi macrumors 6502

All of my local best buy in 50 miles radius are refusing to take pre-orders because they just won't get any shipments until next week. And they told me that god know what they will get, but they are not expecting more than 5.

I ordered mine on Monday and hopefully, I will get it by end of this month. Come one apple. Don't give it to best buy.

Do you like 300 dollars or 330 dollars? I buy from you, so send it to me first.

20. kokesh macrumors regular

lol good luck :)

21. WSwingley macrumors newbie

I posted in another thread that I got my preorder only because some schmuck who bought 2 iPads decided to return the Best Buy one. Just got lucky with the iPad 2 eighteen-model lottery that he returned the one I wanted. :D

22. InsertName macrumors member

I just reserved a black 32g WiFi at the Best Buy in Bellevue, WA. Had a bit of a chat with the guy doing the reservations and he said that there are about 100 people ahead of me in the queue (19 of whom want what I want). On the other hand, he said they're expecting a shipment of 120, though whether that'll be this week or next is up in the air. He suspected next week.

He also mentioned that they had over 100 in-store for Friday's launch. They lasted less than an hour.

This seems very much at odds with the shipments/stock of 1-10 being claimed for most stores.

23. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

Just got back from the Best Buy in Silverdale WA and they hadn't come in yet. I am number 3 on the list for a 64GB wi-fi and 4 for a 64 verizon 3g. Figured I have time to decide which one I want for sure by the time it comes in. Have the wi-fi now but like the GPS feature on the 3G so am sort of leaning towards it. There were about a hundred or so on the list that I could guessamate with most of them going for the 32 wi-fi model. They said most of the orders were for the wi-fi models rather than the 3Gs and most 3Gs were leaning towards the AT&T version.

24. hallaisen macrumors regular

noooooooo. the wifi only doesnt have gps?? thats not something i took into consideration when i decided to reserve one :(

25. mgford11 macrumors member

It's sudo-GPS. It knows where you are based of Skyhook gps tech that senses where the local wifi signals around you are located. It does a damn good job placing you on the map.