Have budget for a new MacBook Pro should I wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by supersmart07, Apr 8, 2016.

  1. supersmart07 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2014
    #1
    I'm looking forward to buy a new 13 inch retina MBP to replace my 2011 MacBook Pro 13. The question is should I wait for the new refreshed model(not sure when)or just go with the current one? I do hope the new one has better graphics performance.
     
  2. LiveM macrumors 6502a

    LiveM

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2015
    #2
    Two things are certain: it will be in June and will have improved graphics performance. And hopefully the design will be updated.
     
  3. throAU macrumors 601

    throAU

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2012
    Location:
    Perth, Western Australia
    #3
    If you have one that currently works and the performance is acceptable, wait.

    if you need one that works better for work, and are losing time/money/sanity buy now.

    Any new model will be an incremental improvement over what is currently on the market, and anything you buy today will be acceptable for the next few years.

    There is always something faster coming "soon".
     
  4. theluggage macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2011
    #4
    We don't even know for sure that there will be a new refreshed one anytime soon. Its about time, the appropriate processors should be available around now, but nobody outside of Apple knows what the plan is. Also, when it comes, we don't know if it will be a quiet bump of the current models to the latest processors or a major re-design along the lines of the MacBook + a switch to USB-C/TB3 ports.

    A rMB-style design with 2 USB-C/TB3 ports and nothing else, replacing both the 13" rMBP and the 13" MacBook Air seems likely to me (it won't go down well on this forum - but unless the design team at Apple have been replaced by alien pod people in the last few months I'm sure that's the way they would go).

    Best advice is as per the post above: if your old Mac is giving you problems, buy now, otherwise wait.
     
  5. supersmart07 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2014
    #5
    I also hope it will get USB-C ports that'll be awesome. My parents only want me to get Macs because they think they're more "reliable" and laptops for portability for school and other stuff. But I kinda want to play some PC games which is impossible on my current one except for counter strike and minecraft. But I have a PS4 so I guess I'll wait for the new 15 inch! Thanks everyone
     
  6. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #6
    Wait and then make the determination. If for some reason the newer model doesn't fit your needs, you can buy the older one for a discount. Either way, you'll see exactly what you're with and can make an informed decision.
     

Share This Page