Have YOU cased your iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ki2594, Jul 31, 2008.

?

Have you cased your iPhone 3G

1. Yes

142 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. No, don't need/want one

97 vote(s)
    40.6%
  1. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

Because im just really paranoid about keeping all my expensive stuff in perfect shape, i got a hardshell case from the apple store a couple days ago for my 3G. I was just wondering how many people are using cases on there 3G's. I know many people didn't case the original iPhone, i think that was because it was aluminum they felt it wasn't really needed. But with the new plastic backs, i just want to say if people have actually decided to case there iphone's this time around.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I take care of my things, but I've gotten over keeping them perfect because after using something for a year or 2 minor wear will happen. I had a silicon case with a plastic screen protector on my old iPod and the screen protector actually scratched the screen.

Now, I use Bodyguardz to prevent major scratches to the front and back. I didn't want to sacrifice the look and feel of my iPhone for any thicker protection.

3. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

No case, unless I dont have pockets, then I have a sleeve for it with a clip. Im very careful...havent dropped it yet :cool:

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

Always keep the iphone first gen and iphone 3g in a silicon sleeve. I find it easier to grip and not let it slip out of my hands.

Both my iphone first gen and new iphone 3g are in perfect condition. Never a scratch.....I actually do not even put a screen protector on the first iPhone any more and not scratches on the screen either.

I find a hardshell a little over kill.

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I'm anal about keeping mine in great shape, but OTOH, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it looks unadorned. I'm so conflicted right now.

I haven't even put a screen protector on it. I go back and forth almost hourly about what I'm going to do, what I should do, how much of an idiot I'll feel like if I drop it and a case could have protected it, and on and on. I'm annoying myself. :p

Right now, I use an iPod sock when I leave the house. Then I put it in my pocket or pocketbook. I'm going to need a little leather/cloth case with a wrist strap for when I'm out in certain situations, but knowing that is as far as I've gotten. I almost bought one last weekend at the :apple: store, but they didn't have the right size.

I see some nice cases, but none of them come close to being as nice as the naked phone.

See? Annoying. :rolleyes:

6. atomicblastkarl macrumors newbie

I absolutely hate cases. No matter how this or form fitting they are, they either look trashy or feel too bulky. I just got an Invisible Shield for my phone, but I am waiting to get my replacement to put it on.

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    only 2 options? seriously?

I don't have one, but I'm debating getting one. I like it naked, but I'm just too fearful of drops.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I purchased to cases for my iPhone and returned them as I love the look of the iPhone without the cases. Now I'm trying to find me another holster as I've grown tired of my Marware CEO holster with the velcro.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Right? This poll needs another option...

Mines naked, but only because I know Jonathan Ives dies a little inside every times someone puts a case on their iPhone.

10. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

No case. Never plan to.

I DID create a new rule...NOTHING goes in my pocket with the phone. Not even a piece of paper. I don't fear paper, but you know, 'slippery slope' and all that.

So I'm sticking to that and things are fine. Any scuffing and 'wear and tear' that I get I take as a badge of honor. My iPod Mini ended up with all kind of subtle marks on it and I think it looks great.

12. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah the naked phone looks and feel's so good but ehh
    idk lol

13. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Same here. The naked iPhone feels like it will slip right out of my hands. I don't use a screen protector.

I really haven't figured out the screen protector thing. The screen is made of glass. Anything that is tough enough to scratch the screen will go right through a piece of plastic covering the screen.

14. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

Clear-cased. It isn't a question of "if" you'll drop your iPhone, but rather "when." I don't feel like having "scars of vanity" on mine 'cause I was too stubborn to case it (not that there's anything wrong with that). :D

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, maybe you'll be the 1% of people who actually changes the case out once that happens. If so, good for you, you're doing it right.

But in my experience the other 99% don't, meaning they just walk around with a scuffed up case. So what's better? My scratched up phone, or their ugly, scratched up cases that are almost twice as thick as my phone?

This is why I don't understand cases. "Oh, I don't want my phone to look bad and beat up...I know, I'll put a CASE that looks bad and beat up on it!"

16. Pandora01 macrumors regular

Most of the time, I don't use a case. I only use one when my purse doesn't have an inside pocket to put the phone in, or when I'm wearing something that doesn't have pockets and I have no where else to put it. This is the case I use when I need to: http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elanholster. Really basic.

17. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Sort of...

I put the BSE (front) on, will do the back later.

18. Alloye macrumors 6502a

No case. I just keep it in a pocket by itself.

19. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

BSE on the back of the phone (primarily to keep the case from doing anything to the phone), Power Support Crystal Film on the front.
    Contour Flick to wrap the back.

Mine looks almost as good as the original phone (covers up the chrome trim for the most part)...same sleek black look to the back (feels the same too)...but once it gets scuffed up I can replace it easily...can't do that with the back of the iPhone.

20. CharQuake macrumors member

I Have a thin black rubber one I'm not sure what brand it is I got it from best but it keeps the iPhone from getting scratched on a car center console and keeps it from sliding around when manufering through traffic although I will say I prefer the look of the naked phone I just don't want to mess it up:(

21. szsz macrumors newbie

Found a Proporta case that makes it possible to attach a wrist strap. I really like having a wrist strap for when I am taking photos (such as over the side of a boat) or hanging phone on doorknob when I need the alarm. Wish there were a more secure option as the Proporta is just silicon.

Am thinking of drilling a hole into the Griffin Wave case, just not sure where.

22. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Mine has a case but spends a lot of it's time naked.

23. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Yeah I'm clumsy and the iPhone is slippery. I don't want a shattered iPhone, but I don't want to encase it in a bulletproof vest... I use an Incase protective cover and the Power Support shields/film to cover the front screen, just because those seem to make your finger glide easier.

24. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

Since I got my first iPod, I've always wanted my devices in cases & in perfect condition. It has helped with selling them on ebay when a new one comes out! However, I took the case off my last iphone after a few months and it was immediately more enjoyable to use.

Because I think a case takes away from the amazing design of this phone, I am using a Sena pouch just for when its in my pocket / I'm not using it.

I also bought a skin for times when I'm out drinking. You need a phone, but I don't trust myself to use it naked!

25. umop apisdn macrumors member

umop apisdn

No case here either.

Had mine a couple of weeks, no scratches on it. Keep it in my pocket, it has taken knocks and what not at gigs I've been to but still in perfect shape