Have you decided on a size yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Sep 9, 2014.

?

Which new iPhone are you getting?

1. iPhone 6 (4.7")

149 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. iPhone 6 Plus (5.5")

201 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. Waiting to test them out in person before buying

33 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

After everything was revealed today, have you decided on which new iPhone you are getting? Or will you wait to test them out in person?

2. techn9ne macrumors member

The Plus. I won't be getting it anytime soon but I've been thinking about getting a tablet and this seems like a good middle ground for me. I know it's expensive and not for everyone, but I'm intrigued. Definitely gonna check it out in stores when it finally comes out, but I can see myself owning one at some point.

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

4. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Probably the 6.
    The 6+ does have some good qualities about it that differentiates it from the 6, but I don't really like the form factor of it.
    If i was overly technical and worried about pixels and such, I'd go for the Plus, but that's not the case.

I think I'll be happy with the 6.

5. sekazi macrumors 6502

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

The 6+. Big, 1080p display and great battery life.

7. Mindbender14 macrumors regular

The 6. I tried to wrap my head around the 6+ but just can't do it it. The thing is huge. :eek:

8. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

9. troop231 macrumors 603

Yup! And better camera too. No brainer really :) (Was dead set on 4.7" myself until they revealed the specs for both).

10. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

11. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

6+ for me. I could hold both in my hand but I already know I would want the 6+.

12. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

I have very large hands so the 6+ wouldn't be a problem for me. But, I use Runkeeper when running/biking and putting that huge phone on my arm would by weird and uncomfortable. I am leaning more towards the 6 but we will see what I decide on Friday.

13. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Still sticking to 4.7" due to overall size, price, and that optical image stab ≠ optical image zoom so it's not that big of a deal for me.

14. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

6 plus for me. I made cardboard cutouts tonight, and while the plus is tall, it will be great for games and browsing, not to mention the resolution and camera. The 4.7 is too tall and skinny to me.

15. Justin33 macrumors regular

Justin33

16. FazZa-3 macrumors regular

17. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Ugh. Can't decide. I also printed out and made cutouts.

As a phone, I would take 4.7 hands down. The 5.5 is larger than my face. But I, and everyone do not just use the iPhone as a phone.

There are a lot of pluses for the 5.5, for me, that I wish I could get in a smaller form. The OIS is great. The resolution is great for screenshots (I use this a lot in my work) to get hi res shots for comps and such. To watch videos (again something I do in work a lot) in larger res is important to me. And of course battery. As well as editing photos and video on the fly on the phone (I don't do a lot of this now but who knows in the future). I deal with images on the day to day. I'm not a gamer but I can see how it would be the right choice for someone that is.

The cons are it's comically large. Hilarious when you hold it up to your face like a phone. I literally giggle holding the cutout. And it seems really big for a pocket, which is where my phone is all day. So I'm not sure I'd like that on the day to day.

The funny part is when I first printed out cutouts, the printer shrank them. meaning the 5.5 cutout ended up being in-between the 4.7 and 5.5. Ironically, it would have been perfect.

18. Spoolx macrumors member

So undecided myself. The iPhone 6 seems like the perfect size to carry around but the plus has the 1080p screen and all those extra features.

:mad:

19. tazz3 macrumors regular

20. mateo124 macrumors regular

I feel the 6 plus in 64gb is probably the way to go. 16gb is a joke, don't know why they didn't just replace 16gb with 32gb instead of getting rid of the 32gb all together.

21. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Undecided.

I'm not phased by the 5'5" fitting in my hand, I'm worried it won't fit in my pocket! The iPhone 5 already fills a lot of my pocket. I'll just wait to physically hold them, and hopefully be able to put them both in my pocket.

22. gagecloutier, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

gagecloutier macrumors member

I went into it pretty adamant about going with the 4.7" but between the optical image stabilization, x2 resolution, battery life, and the UI features (that make it practical to still use one-handed in certain situations that demand it), Apple has really managed to win me over with the Plus.

I currently have an iPhone 5 64GB and a Retina iPad mini 32GB and I'm contemplating selling both for an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB and killing two birds with one stone.

Then it's just 15" rMBP + iPhone 6 Plus. I think I could get used to that setup. Simple, practical, and cost-effective.

23. Mac Wolf macrumors member

The plus for screen size, resolution, and camera. The battery thing seems like a wash to me. On paper it's supposed to perform better, but it has to power a larger display. Of course Apple isn't gonna say "our battery life is marginal at best if you do a lot of things on it."

We'll see for ourselves how the battery holds up to our individual workload.

24. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

The decision was a little easier for me when I realized that I don't ever talk on the phone, texting and pictures is most important.