Votes: 201 52.5%
  • Waiting to test them out in person before buying

Votes: 33 8.6%

• Total voters

Anthony T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
After everything was revealed today, have you decided on which new iPhone you are getting? Or will you wait to test them out in person?

techn9ne

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2014
The Plus. I won't be getting it anytime soon but I've been thinking about getting a tablet and this seems like a good middle ground for me. I know it's expensive and not for everyone, but I'm intrigued. Definitely gonna check it out in stores when it finally comes out, but I can see myself owning one at some point.

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Probably the 6.
The 6+ does have some good qualities about it that differentiates it from the 6, but I don't really like the form factor of it.
If i was overly technical and worried about pixels and such, I'd go for the Plus, but that's not the case.

I think I'll be happy with the 6.

Makaveli6103

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Kansas City, MO
I have very large hands so the 6+ wouldn't be a problem for me. But, I use Runkeeper when running/biking and putting that huge phone on my arm would by weird and uncomfortable. I am leaning more towards the 6 but we will see what I decide on Friday.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Still sticking to 4.7" due to overall size, price, and that optical image stab ≠ optical image zoom so it's not that big of a deal for me.

sawah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
6 plus for me. I made cardboard cutouts tonight, and while the plus is tall, it will be great for games and browsing, not to mention the resolution and camera. The 4.7 is too tall and skinny to me.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
Ugh. Can't decide. I also printed out and made cutouts.

As a phone, I would take 4.7 hands down. The 5.5 is larger than my face. But I, and everyone do not just use the iPhone as a phone.

There are a lot of pluses for the 5.5, for me, that I wish I could get in a smaller form. The OIS is great. The resolution is great for screenshots (I use this a lot in my work) to get hi res shots for comps and such. To watch videos (again something I do in work a lot) in larger res is important to me. And of course battery. As well as editing photos and video on the fly on the phone (I don't do a lot of this now but who knows in the future). I deal with images on the day to day. I'm not a gamer but I can see how it would be the right choice for someone that is.

The cons are it's comically large. Hilarious when you hold it up to your face like a phone. I literally giggle holding the cutout. And it seems really big for a pocket, which is where my phone is all day. So I'm not sure I'd like that on the day to day.

The funny part is when I first printed out cutouts, the printer shrank them. meaning the 5.5 cutout ended up being in-between the 4.7 and 5.5. Ironically, it would have been perfect.

Spoolx

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2014
So undecided myself. The iPhone 6 seems like the perfect size to carry around but the plus has the 1080p screen and all those extra features.

:mad:

mateo124

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
I feel the 6 plus in 64gb is probably the way to go. 16gb is a joke, don't know why they didn't just replace 16gb with 32gb instead of getting rid of the 32gb all together.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Undecided.

I'm not phased by the 5'5" fitting in my hand, I'm worried it won't fit in my pocket! The iPhone 5 already fills a lot of my pocket. I'll just wait to physically hold them, and hopefully be able to put them both in my pocket.

gagecloutier

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
I went into it pretty adamant about going with the 4.7" but between the optical image stabilization, x2 resolution, battery life, and the UI features (that make it practical to still use one-handed in certain situations that demand it), Apple has really managed to win me over with the Plus.

I currently have an iPhone 5 64GB and a Retina iPad mini 32GB and I'm contemplating selling both for an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB and killing two birds with one stone.

Then it's just 15" rMBP + iPhone 6 Plus. I think I could get used to that setup. Simple, practical, and cost-effective.

Last edited:

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
The plus for screen size, resolution, and camera. The battery thing seems like a wash to me. On paper it's supposed to perform better, but it has to power a larger display. Of course Apple isn't gonna say "our battery life is marginal at best if you do a lot of things on it."

We'll see for ourselves how the battery holds up to our individual workload.

sawah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
Ugh. Can't decide. I also printed out and made cutouts.

As a phone, I would take 4.7 hands down. The 5.5 is larger than my face. But I, and everyone do not just use the iPhone as a phone.

There are a lot of pluses for the 5.5, for me, that I wish I could get in a smaller form. The OIS is great. The resolution is great for screenshots (I use this a lot in my work) to get hi res shots for comps and such. To watch videos (again something I do in work a lot) in larger res is important to me. And of course battery. As well as editing photos and video on the fly on the phone (I don't do a lot of this now but who knows in the future). I deal with images on the day to day. I'm not a gamer but I can see how it would be the right choice for someone that is.

The cons are it's comically large. Hilarious when you hold it up to your face like a phone. I literally giggle holding the cutout. And it seems really big for a pocket, which is where my phone is all day. So I'm not sure I'd like that on the day to day.

The funny part is when I first printed out cutouts, the printer shrank them. meaning the 5.5 cutout ended up being in-between the 4.7 and 5.5. Ironically, it would have been perfect.
The decision was a little easier for me when I realized that I don't ever talk on the phone, texting and pictures is most important.