Have you dropped your 6/6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Sep 29, 2014.

?

Have you dropped your new iPhone?

1. Yes with case

43 vote(s)
    18.7%
  2. Yes with no case

22 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Nope

154 vote(s)
    67.0%
  4. Useless

11 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Just dropped it today :mad::mad::mad:

Have you dropped your new iPhone?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

:eek:

Was it in a case at least?

Hope you got lucky and came away unscathed.

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

I'll drop it in about 8 months after that newness / infatuation period has worn off. But I've never broken / shattered / heavily dented my phone before. I have good grip practice from... from... gripping other things.

4. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

I have managed to drop my 6 plus several times so far, fortunately every time has been onto either my bed or the couch.

5. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

why do people so fixated on getting a case?

When you pay 1000 dollars for a phone (a portable device), it shouldn't break that easily.

Do you buy a case for your Walkman? or your watch?

6. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I was handing it down on the couch but I don't know what happened, it fell on the floor. :mad:

7. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I never use cases and have never dropped a phone to the point that I broke anything on it.

with that said, I really feel like at some point I will drop this due to the size/thinness and weight.

----------

Haha "Walkman"

8. golfdude macrumors regular

Just today 3 year old dropped my wife's 6, in s Spiegen case, face has a crack. Bummer.

9. lavrishevo, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I was out visiting with my family last night. Mom nailed her water bottle sending a stream across the table right to my phone. It was in a case. My big one. Whew. This 128 plus was 3 hours old. I think that counts. The case prevented water from entering any ports or getting on the phone itself. It was not like dropping the phone under water but it was close enough.

Want your phone to last? Get a good case. I'm sure my first drop will be before too long. Never damaged any of my phones because of the case. Well worth it.

10. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

Yup I used to have a case for my old Panasonic walkman when they cost similar amounts to the iphone. I also had a case for my old dumb phone.I also have a case/shell on both my macbook pros and my ipad. I don't wear a watch so I can't comment on that.

11. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Just got my 6plus today so I haven't used it much but used my girlfriends 6 since last Friday and didn't even come close to dropping it.

12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Yea I do, about two feet up. I missed the couch I was trying to put my phone in, it fell straight to the floor... Arghh

13. Faerie macrumors regular

I've never cracked or broken an iPhone..I haven't dropped my iPhone 6 yet. However, I dropped my iPhone 5 last year getting out of my car while it was in my pocket. The case was a loose silicone one and my phone fell out of both my pocket and the case and onto pavement! Luckily it was fine somehow.

14. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Another gate? :(

[​IMG]

15. buckstah macrumors newbie

Family member was taking a picture of the wife and I.. they dropped the phone and the screen shattered =(. At least I had AppleCare. Now I have a case too because I can't trust other people.

16. DreLamar macrumors newbie

iPhone 6 cracked screen

Dropped my 6 space grey getting out of the car. Phone was sitting in my lap and slid face first a few feet. Top right corner is shattered slightly cracked above the front camera & slightly cracked top left corner. $130 to replace & Apple store is booked til Thursday #

Attached Files:

17. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

i assume 3 yr old isn't that tall. and already in a case.

damn, that's not very strong. :(

18. joonyaboy macrumors regular

joonyaboy

Dropped once on concrete. Have had a case on since Minute 1 so no damage.

On the weekend when I'm on the couch I'll take it out of the case and enjoy the nakedness for awhile.

19. aneftp macrumors 68040

I dropped my 6 plus the first time I even got it out of the box. Dropped it about 1 foot on kitchen counter. And I had a case to put it in. Cause just a smudge mark. Can't belive it. I had case ready to put in and dropped it. It's slippery

20. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Is there damage to the aluminum sides? Couldn't tell from the angle of the picture.

21. golfdude macrumors regular

Correct, we have dropped our 5/5+ many times and no issues.

22. Ramrod82 macrumors regular

Ramrod82

If you are not going to put a case on it at least put tempered glass on it!! Drop the glass breaks no biggie!

23. bronzini macrumors member

Dropped mine today on the floor at car dealership face down. I got a good case on it and it was fine. I have a 6. Whew!

24. DreLamar macrumors newbie

Small dent on the top right corner