Have you ever beat anyone up?

macfem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Have you ever been in a street fight or fist fight? Be honest...did you win?

I have, the last fight I was in...high school with some girls (I am female) in my gym class. I don't remember what it was over but I trash talk was the catalyst. I lost, 3 on 1 isn't good odds but...I was pretty pissed and hormonal.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Never been in a fight. I don't particularly want to either, but I'm relatively confident that I could defend myself adequately against the average fool who decides it'd be a good idea to fight me.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
i had never even been picked on growing up. i must have been lucky:eek:
when you are the short immigrant kid with funny accent and wrong clothes, it is very easy to be picked upon.

when you cannot explain to the authorities who beats you up and why, is hard to stop it, even when 4 guys decide to beat up one girl and break her nose, jaw, cheekbones and knock out 5 teeth and leave a 4 inch scar on neck when tried to strangle her. and no they did not get charged with anything, they were 'nice good boys'.

husker4

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2010
I've been on both sides of a fight. don't really like fighting but I'm good at it. The only times I've been in fights were because of girls I care about gettig mistreated by douche bags, if someone sucker punches me, or if I'm backing my friends. The worst beating I've ever given out was when some idiot at a party slapped my gf for grabbing the last beer. Only time I've ever got my butt kicked was a fight between towns that some of my drunk buddies started. We met out in some field and it was me and 8 other guys against around 13 from the other town. Then right before we started fighting another 20 or so came out of the trees....we lasted for awhile but it didn't end well for us. Not my finest moment in life haha

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
Last real fight (not including fam fights cause I got my ass kicked real talk) but in 7th grade this guy was trying to make a move on my girl so I had to act on it.

Only got one hit in too cause theres always someone on yard duty. Ended up getting suspended but he ended up leaving school with an ice pack on the left side of his face.

TSE

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I've gotten in numerous family fights, but last real fight I was in was at school when this kid kept on making fun of my acne after I told him to stop 3 or 4 times.

I'm a pretty good fighter as I like to put on boxing gear and protective gear and fight with my friends on the weekends and I was a state champion wrestler in 8th grade (I'm 11th now).

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Wait, I take it back....I was picked on.....by some 5th graders who thought it would be cool to approach a college aged kid shooting basketball by himself and say I sucked at basketball (when I am pretty good lol)

However, none of them wanted to play me when I kiddingly challenged them so that kinda shut them up lol

Those young whipper snappers, gotta love em

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Nope never struck a soul but I can sure as hell take a punch when the time comes.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Never been in a real fight, did kinda kick the crap out of a "friend" (I had already started hating the racist homophobe at the time) while we were just sparing (only rule was no low blows or face hits).

tjsdaname

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
cedar rapids IA
wow.... looks like I am the violent one here.... BUT I have never started a fight.....

been in a bunch of fights and im only 16 ;)

only lost once. and thats because it was 6 on 1 (and I still did pretty well)

I usually dont beat them to bad, I just introduce there face to my knee a couple of times....

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
No and I always wonder how I would do if the need ever came about. Don't think I am a badass, but I don't think I am a wimp. You just never know once the adrenaline starts.

Better go watch roadhouse again just to make sure.

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
Yes when I was in high school. Being an 'American' in a British state school in a fairly depressed area wasn't easy. In my opinion, there is never a winner of a fight (aside from fighting for sport). I say that as someone who never lost any blood in a fight.