Have you seen one other than yours in the wild?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dfndr90, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Dfndr90 macrumors regular

Dfndr90

Has anyone seen an IPhone other than yours or a friends in the wild. I was out all day and have yet to see a single one.

Matt...

2. Offspring992 macrumors member

3. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

Not out of the box! Saw a bunch of people buying them with me but since then, a big fat NOPE.

4. jpelario macrumors member

thats a negative over here

5. appleii2mac macrumors regular

Nope. I'm checking people w/ ipod style headphones for the special microphone doohicky.

6. CReynolds macrumors newbie

I saw a guy registering his through iTunes at the table across from me (where I was doing the same thing) in a Panera Bread Co. here in Boulder, Colorado. Aside from that, I haven't seen a single one in the wild.

7. VCD20 macrumors newbie

No - Went up to the Apple in Plano, Texas and it was very crowded with iphone seekers. All 4 Apple stores are sold out here. Lots of sad people leaving the store empty handed.

I have showed it to only a couple of people and it got there attention very quick, my neighbor would not put it down.

8. BigTRQ macrumors regular

Went to the Drive-In and saw 3!

I was at the MidTown Drive-In in Harriman, TN, and saw 3! As I don't have one, I just eagerly looked on and watched as they showed it to other people. I need to make my way to an Apple store to see it up close and personal.

9. kkachurak macrumors regular

I don't own one yet, but I have seen one in the wild.

A guy was having a conversation on his with his earbuds while shopping at the local grocery store. It was awesome.

10. note235 macrumors 6502a

nope

but a lot of people crowded around me at Pike Place
    my case makes the iPhone look like the 5.5 ipod.

11. jstennis1591 macrumors member

im currently in the hamptons..... A mega exclusive part of eastern long island

I've seen one..... Ad hve definitely harvested many looks of envy (including just a few minutes ago in east hampton)

Its definitely cool and I'm going to Europe next week and I might be one of the only people there with one :)

12. briananderson macrumors member

Cabazon

Dont have one yet, but saw one at the Cabazon mall near Palm Springs.

13. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

Does the one I got for my mom count? Kidding aside, I haven't seen one around either. I always wonder if somebody sees me using mine if they'll even know what it is.

14. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

aside from two friends' iphones, i've not seen any in the wild. after all, it's only been two days. i figure i'll see more during the week; i'm sure there will be a lot of people eager to show off their iphones.

15. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Yes. Well, I didn't see the phone, but a guy in my apartment complex walked by me last night wearing the tell-tale earbuds with the little mic. I had mine on too. Whoa...

16. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Haven't seen any which is funny considering all the people who have bought them. Maybe they're like me and trying to use theirs discreetly. Whenever someone sees mine, I get all the questions.

Stopped by an Apple Store to check out cases (they were out of stock and had a sign at the front that said, "Sorry, no iphones today.") and the demo phones were all being crowded around. If I had been there to check out a phone, it would have been difficult to get to one.

17. note235 macrumors 6502a

discreetly yes but want everybody to see

a whole new world

18. jangler macrumors newbie

jangler

Nope I haven't seen any out and about DC. I'm sure they're there, but probably under wraps like mine. I'm a little nervous about attention, but I'll admit I don't want anyone else to touch it.:p

19. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

According to AT&T store, they sold 40 in a town of 25k. I haven't seen one, yet. College towns 20 and 90 miles away have reported to sell out at the AT&T stores. Their respective hometowns are smaller than mine.

Slim odds of seeing one!

20. Nagooya macrumors 6502

Nagooya

other than mine and my two brothers iPhones, I have yet to see one outside the apple store.

Posted with my iphone

21. Moze macrumors member

I saw two in one night! In a town of 130,000 people where only 80 max iphones were sold.

I saw this chick I was talking to in line for the iphone at a bar on Friday night... Very wild.

Also -- as I was walking home, I saw a crowd of girls gathered around another girl who had one.

22. xfsasx macrumors member

i havent seen any but havent got much attention on mine either, i whipped it out at a grad party yesterday and i think 1 person kinda peeked over but no one asked me anything....so im assuming they are too shy to ask or have no idea.....

23. eddi818 macrumors member

just came back from starbucks in Plano. Both my friend and I have one. I also saw two guys have it. So total of 4 iPhone in one starbucks

24. sunday888 macrumors member