Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spiritualized

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
I am curious about your opinions. I've been using iOS 13 for 3 days and i am definitely not happy with the new design of health app. Everything is in tabs and it seems so messy. Really disappointed. I guess there will be an update to this design, it feels so unfinished.

Reactions: Lexio and Bill P.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
It’s alright. Once I got the hang of where everything is I didn’t really mind it, but it definitely had a bit of learning curve at first. I just wish they’d taken the opportunity when they redesigned it to make it compatible with the iPad as well...that’s my only complaint now.

gene731

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2015
I am curious about your opinions. I've been using iOS 13 for 3 days and i am definitely not happy with the new design of health app. Everything is in tabs and it seems so messy. Really disappointed. I guess there will be an update to this design, it feels so unfinished.
My wife hates it now. In iOS 12 she could manually enter her medication and health information but now Apple wants you to connect to your doctor, hospital and whatever else and download the information into it. that's fine and dandy but one thing, none of our providers are listed so now she lost all of the information she had in the health app and now there is no way of getting that information back in it. Anyone have any suggestions as to another health app that will let her manually enter her info?
Disregard this post, didn't know you had to do the force touch to get to that information.

Last edited:
Reactions: ukbootlegs

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Don't understand why they did this -and it has things like fewer steps than normal that I don't want.
Also, I hope the displays for things like other health apps and learning more about cycles - not interesting for a 70's something male.
I just want to see the data

Reactions: jpn

Stinsle

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
Minnesota
My wife hates it now. In iOS 12 she could manually enter her medication and health information but now Apple wants you to connect to your doctor, hospital and whatever else and download the information into it. that's fine and dandy but one thing, none of our providers are listed so now she lost all of the information she had in the health app and now there is no way of getting that information back in it. Anyone have any suggestions as to another health app that will let her manually enter her info?
Disregard this post, didn't know you had to do the force touch to get to that information.

That is what I thought, also. Have her tap her picture at the top of the summary tab. That will take her to her medical details. I just edited some of my meds there.

scmill

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2018
Spartanburg SC
I don't like the changes. Before, it was a compact list of information, and I could access more if I wanted to. Now, even if I go in and choose Favorites, I end up with a long list of things that I don't need to know every day.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden

Agree. It's harder to find information, and the presentation is not as clear - YMMV, but I'm not a fan.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Medical ID>medical conditions and medications. You may have to scroll down for medications. It is below Allergies and Reactions.

Thanks - interestingly (maybe?), on mine it's above allergies, and it just says "Medical Conditions" without a reference to meds. FWIW, I'm using an 11 Pro on 13.0 public release/GM in the US, in case that could account for any differences.

Stinsle

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
Minnesota
Thanks - interestingly (maybe?), on mine it's above allergies, and it just says "Medical Conditions" without a reference to meds. FWIW, I'm using an 11 Pro on 13.0 public release/GM in the US, in case that could account for any differences.

Hmmm. I am in US also. Maybe it's a change for the iPhone 11.

Klatti

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2012
Germany
The App is rendered completely useless for me. I’ve used it daily to get a quick overview of my activity. Not possible anymore. Shows me bike distances from a week ago in the overview. No way to swipe to switch days with all info combined.
iOS 12s Version was far superior.

From a daily usage to removing from my phone.

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2011

I like the various graphs compare recent to historical average. But I think the new design is not as organized and intuitive as the old one. I don't find it difficult to use at all. So maybe it is just a matter to time to get used to the new design.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
I loved the Health app and it’s among the ones I use the most due to the Watch. Yet they totally ruined it with this redesign. I can’t even see data day by day as before. It’s messy and not intuitive. Very un-Apple. Can’t fathom how some people like this better than the previous version. I’d fire the responsible for this “redesign” if I had the power!

Last edited:

Klatti

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2012
Germany
I loved the Health app and it’s among the ones I use the most due to the Watch. Yet they totally ruined it with this redesign. I can’t even see data day by day as before. It’s messy and not intuitive. Very un-Apple. Can’t fathom how some people like this better than the previous version. I’d fire the responsible for this “redesign” if I had the power!

Indeed. Worst redesign for an app by far.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Probably will stop using it regularly since it is harder to get the information that I care about - the standard stuff. I'm not sure why they did this redesign

Reactions: iLondoner

sslade6752

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
I kind of like it but my OMRON bp cuff app doesn’t sync to it anymore.

upritbass

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Vegas!
Hate it. Absolutely hate it. Hate hate hate it. I hate it almost as much as I hated Microsoft when they switched from menus to ribbons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.