Help Connecting Apple Mighty Mouse & Bluetooth Keyboard To Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by conshok26, Jan 7, 2009.

1. KDDatabase macrumors member

I got my microsoft mouse and alu. wireless keyboard working properly but the old wireless keyboard doesn't work. It just says "connecting to device...". After right clicking properties and viewing Bluetooth Services, nothing comes up. No check box like the alu. keyboard did.

Has anyone successfully paired and old apple wireless keyboard to windows 7?

Specs:
    Alu. iMac
    Windows 7 32-bit

2. seomaster macrumors newbie

Help Connecting Apple Mighty Mouse & Bluetooth Keyboard To windows 7

HI

This is driving me INSANE in the RC. Something has changed, I don't know what but in order to even get things to load in the services menu, you have to switch to the Apple driver and i thank u........

Staffing service

Seo master[​IMG]

3. rikun macrumors newbie

I have installed x64 Windows 7 RC and having difficulty getting my apple wireless mouse and keyboard to work. It gets added to the Devices and Printers and then disappears. I would like to try your solution but how does one in Mac OSX "remove the keyboard and mouse from your Bluetooth settings entirely"?

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth and then remove both devices from the list.

5. rikun macrumors newbie

Thanks, got it. Now let me see if solution works.

6. deekarma macrumors newbie

Just registered to say thanks! Have been toiling with this since W7 install. Now my Logitech keyboard is working braw, ta.

7. leadfarmermf macrumors newbie

I attempted to resolve my bluetooth issue with the instructions from user gloss, but after installing the bootcamp drivers, the apple bluetooth drivers, and not the generic windows ones, were installed already.

I followed the first steps and uninstalled the KBM from OSX, which, I had never had a problem with before. I used to use the same bluetooth devices with OSX and XP.

In Win7, I simply uninstalled my bluetooth device drivers, restarted, and windows reinstalled the generic ones. I couldn't find apple under the listed manufacturers so I went ahead and used the the generic drivers and now everything works fine. I didn't have to do any of the other weird stuff. Hope this helps guys

8. gazaloo macrumors newbie

I think you have this solved already, but I found an alternative solution. Select properties for "Apple Built-in Bluetooth" in the control panel; on the "power management" tab uncheck the setting that allows the computer to turn the device off to save power.

9. jashsayani macrumors regular

jashsayani

Ok I am seriously pissed. I spend over an hour trying to get the damn thing working but it did not help!

Both keyboard and mouse paired up but they did not work and disappeared from Bluetooth devices in a few seconds!!

How do I get it to work??

10. Snakehn macrumors newbie

that happened to me also, booted back to snow leopard and the keyboard was gone too, reconfigured it in SL then booted back to WIn7 and that fixed the problem for me.

11. Celeborn macrumors newbie

Thank you SO MUCH! I nearly got crazy when my Mighty Mouse disconnected when not used for a few seconds and I had to do a click to re-connect again. I wondered why during the whole installation the mouse did fine and after installation of Boot Camp from the Snow Leopard DVD the connection had to be reastablished with the Bluetooth Control Panel (a little tricky to turn on the separate switch for the devices's properties to get it paired). I really spent a few seconds thinking about buying a wired mouse!

You've been a great help, thank you again!

Edit: There's no need to use the Generic Driver again instead of the Apple one. It may even fail in some cases and requires a reboot.

Keep the Apple Driver and turn off Energy Savings for that device. When turned off, Bluetooth devices remain connected.

12. Celeborn macrumors newbie

If you use the Apple Built-in Bluetooth driver installed by Bootcamp, you should turn Energy Savings OFF for that device. Your mouse will remain connected then. Turning Energy Savings ON requires a mouse click only few seconds of idle time to re-connect (this could make sense if set to a couple of minutes but NOT for that short period of time).

13. ruffrideraz macrumors newbie

problems bluetooth mouse and keyboards

I was successful in bringing both the wireless keyboard and mighty mouse on line by first booting from the Windows install disk and using the upgrade that wipes out all your files. There remains yet only one problem: the wireless mouse will not scroll, but the buttons work and the pointer moves, so i guess that's some compensation. Hoping i will get the right driver some day.

14. Dr. Cheesesteak macrumors member

Where are the energy settings at? It seems like I've dug through 20 different windows/control panels and can't seem to find it.

15. kep macrumors newbie

Go to the start menu and search for bluetooth, change blutooth setings,hadware, click on apple broadcom built-in bluetooth, under general choose change settings,power mangement, uncheck allow computer to turn off this device to save power

16. Joshwah macrumors newbie

Sorry to flog a dead horse with my first post soo to speak, however i have been endlessly been trying to get my apple blue tooth keyboard with a windows machine to no avail.

My specs are

Intel Core 2 Duo
    Intel DG41MJ
    Belkin Bluetooth adaptor
    Windows 7 64bit RC

This computer is a machine i built specifically for work so obviouly not being a mac with bootcamp its ruled out some of the solutions.

Im basically having the same problem that the keyboard has no pairing code and if i let windows supply one it won't enter on the keyboard.

I do however have my snow leopard disk if theres any useful way of pulling off bootcamp drivers!?

Any help with htis would be much appreciated.

Regards

Josh

17. mesumwun macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for posting this. I wasn't even a member of this site until I read your post and got my mighty mouse and keyboard working. I joined just so I could say "thanks".

18. css1323 macrumors regular

I was also trying to get my Mighty ***** Mouse to work. With enough playing around, I noticed a tab somewhere in the Bluetooth menus called "Services" or something like that. I checked the Keyboard and Mouse box and Windows started installing some drivers.

I really wish I remembered exactly where I found this tab, but after installing those drivers I finally got control over my mouse.

Just now, I turned off my mouse and turned it back on. Now it won't reconnect to my computer, so I'll probably remove the device and add it again.

19. AlphaPetz macrumors newbie

This is exactly right. Too bad I figured it out just now without reading this.

It eliminates the bluetooth hiccups and makes everything work fine with windows 7.

20. ShStylo macrumors member

Help Please!

I have the new Quad iMac and I have followed the instructions here very carefully, I have gotten my keyboard to work only for the first minute or so everytime I boot into Windows 7. How come it won't work after the first minute? Some other driver blocking it?

21. astroot macrumors regular

Same issue. I installed Windows 7 Professional 32-bit last night on my iMac, everything was going great until the keyboard suddenly disconnected. The Magic Mouse and the wireless keyboard work for about the first 5 minutes, then they suddenly die.

I tried doing the "turn off when idle" fix, but that didn't seem to help.

My drivers are Apple and not the generic bluetooth ones. I tried removing the Apple drivers and reinstalling, but again, didn't seem to help. Maybe I wasn't doing that properly since I could never get the generic bluetooth drivers to show up.

22. larciel macrumors newbie

I have Quad i7, received 3 days ago.

installed bootcamp and neither key/mm worked.

reinstalled mac os because of parition mistake and reinstalled win 7 again.

now it's working fine. Keyboard,MM, and scroll works. Keyboard and mouse works fine even after 30 minutes of usage. Mouse has a bit of delay when moving from idle position but nothing major.

I disconnected both deviced in mac os and disabled BT before installed bootcamp.

hope this helps someone

23. badmojo024 macrumors newbie

Here's what worked for me...

Hey folks,

I haven't read through all the replies here to see if this particular solution has been posted yet, but this is what worked for me so i thought i would share...

I have the apple bluetooth wireless keyboard and the bluetooth mighty mouse, on a macbook pro 17" (early 08), running snow leopard 10.6 and windows 7 x64 ultimate retail, & boot camp 2.2:

i could not get the keyboard to pair in windows no matter what i tried (even some of the solutons posted in this forum thread), until i tried things in a very specific order.

1) before trying to pair the keyboard / mouse in windows, pair it with the system in leopard first. let the system bond and name the keyboard in leopard and make sure it's fully functional using the leopard bluetooth setup assistant. once this is working, reboot into windows 7.

2) using the windows 7 bluetooth setup wizard (use the bluetooth icon in the system tray), select add device.

3) once the keyboard is listed in the add device window (it should now be named as whatever your account name under leopard is; ie- "Steve's Keyboard", NOT apple wireless keyboard), right click on the device listing and select properties. from the properties window, under the services menu, select the box that says "drivers for HID keyboard/mouse/etc...), and then click ok.

4) Windows will try to install the drivers for the keyboard from both the system and windows update. once the drivers have been installed, the device will dissappear from the add device window. close all remaining windows, and you should be all set. my keyboard / mouse now work perfectly and reconnect automatically everytime i boot.

It took me awhile to figure this out, so i hope this helps someone in the same debacle.

Happy holidays all and merry computing!

24. urbanmacUser macrumors regular

urbanmacUser

Thanks for all the tips in this thread, I'll be trying some later.

25. forum user macrumors regular