Help Connecting Apple Mighty Mouse & Bluetooth Keyboard To Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by conshok26, Jan 7, 2009.

1. JTag macrumors newbie

I synced my bluetooth mighty mouse and keyboard on the Mac side first and then booted into Windows 7 with updated drivers and both worked.

2. ElGrecus macrumors newbie

This worked like a charm and only took about five seconds to do. Thanks!

3. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

Your welcome, I came across it several years ago now. I recently had to find the old post to use it once again when I reinstalled W7 and lost mouse control.

4. magcig macrumors newbie

Step by Step Guide for Parallels and Windows 7

Look here is for Parallels or also only for Win7:

install-climber.blogspot.com/2011/09/apple-wireless-keyboard-doesnt-works-on.html

5. rottenappleton macrumors newbie

A bluetooth state of mind

Here is something bluetoothy that should cure many of the wireless problems in Bootcamp.

1. Device Manager - Bluetooth radios - Apple built in Bluetooth - Properties - Driver - Update driver - Browse from computer - Let me pick from a list.
    Pick Apple. Update.
    Still in the Apple Built in Bluetooth go to - Power Management. Don't allow the computer to turn off device to save power. If you do the result is a sleepy device. Ok. Restart computer.

2. Right click bluetooth icon - Open settings - Options
    Allow Bluetooth devices to find your computer. Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

3. Right click bluetooth icon - Add a device

4. Turn on your mouse or whatever bluetooth device you want to connect.

5. Right click the device you want to add - properties
    Wait for the Bluetooth services list to update and from the list choose Drivers for..(HID). Apply. Ok.

6. PaulKemp, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012

PaulKemp macrumors 6502

Thanks, this seemed to do the trick for me, question is, how long will it take the Magic Mouse to reconnect to windows when I reboot?

And, is everyone else lacking control over brightness settings? I see the icon and everything, but nothing happens.

edit: I saw somewhere that i should try resetting PRAM, will do that after I done downloading TSW beta! That can maybe even solve the issues I've been having with the Magic Mouse and brightness and everything.
    editedit: Resetting PRAM didnt do nothin'.

7. perona macrumors newbie

Thanks gloss

Thanks for the info. That fixed my problem also too