Help Connecting Apple Mighty Mouse & Bluetooth Keyboard To Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by conshok26, Jan 7, 2009.

1. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Okay, having real problems with this, any ideas?

I'm trying to connect an Apple Wireless Keyboard (3 battery model) and the Magic Mouse to Windows 7 Home Premium, 32bit on a 24" 2006 iMac. Having read and followed the above, I'm getting as far as:

1) Removed devices in OS X
    2) Changed driver to Apple from Generic
    3) Sync up Magic Mouse - works!
    4) Sync up Keyboard - it pairs, but instantly disappears from Devices every time

However, on a restart the Magic Mouse is no longer connected (although it still appears in Devices), and the Keyboard isn't connected either. If I try and boot into OS X and re-sync there, then Windows loses all track and I have to start from scratch.

All I want is to be able to use the Keyboard & Mouse in OS X and Windows, is that too much to ask?

[EDIT:
    I've managed to get the Magic Mouse working under OS X and Windows, but the keyboard just will not play ball. If it is present in OS X, Windows simply throws up an error or says it took too long to pair, and if the keyboard has been removed from OS X I can add it, but it instantly disappears from Devices no matter if I tick the HID box to install drivers in advance. At no point do I get to type.]

2. dogidogg macrumors newbie

Gloss you are my hero!!!!

Thank you very much, my mouse is working now....:):):):)

3. leJules macrumors newbie

confirmed as a fix.

This worked for me - once ticked it seemed to install more device drivers. After a few mins my kb worked. Which was nice as it was 2am and I'd had enough.. thanks so much!

4. joanaugusts macrumors newbie

I turned on the Mighty Mouse and in Vista x64 I did a search for Bluetooth devices and it found it right away and asked for a passkey that I believe was 0000 for the mighty mouse and it worked just fine as a 3 button scrolling mouse.
    So I don't see why anyone is having issues with the Mighty Mouse.

5. bjay25 macrumors newbie

Possible reason for wireless issues

I'm a previous PC user, recently switching to Mac and intend to install Parallels 5(not Boot Camp) and Win 7 (when I get up the nerve). This may or may not be something helpful for those having wireless KB and mouse issues:

In the book Switching to the Mac, The Missing Manual December 2009 edition, it says, "To setup Boot Camp you need... A wired keyboard and mouse, at least for the installation process. You can use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse once the installation is complete.".

My new 27" included only a wireless KB and mouse. Seems that may be an Apple issue to resolve.

6. Elouan P. macrumors newbie

GLOSS! Thx a lot !!

GLOSS !! ..So, ... U re simply Genius ! ;) I lost this faculty and, by u, remember it :D
    Thx à lot for this simply fckng solution!!
    cheers!
    +++

7. hokasu macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for going to the trouble of typing all of that out. I couldn't see myself having the ability or persistence to find the solution myself.

8. maddog1231 macrumors newbie

I agree completely

9. nogaro macrumors newbie

sweet!!

nice fix guys! now i almost kinda like win7 on my giant imac....

10. Pokernut macrumors member

Do you have to be connected to the internet for this to work? Because I can't connect yet (a whole other issue), but when I tick that box, it says" Found New Hardware" A problem occurred when trying to install your hardware etc etc"

11. KarmaPolice macrumors newbie

I don't know if anyone can help me, but its worth a shot. I have the wireless keyboard and am having troubles connecting it. I get to the last step of the reccomended tip, but i cannot perform that last update (the HID). When i check mark the box and hit apply, it says "access denied". I don't know if this is relevent, but when i go under device manager, i cannot see anything labeled "wireless keyboard". However, under my bluetooth devices, the keyboard is present. I went through the passcode thing and that worked. Any help would be appreciated.

12. krishnamurphy macrumors newbie

I got my mighty mouse to connect to Win 7 on a pc by entering the code OOOO ( four zeros, no spaces) when requested to enter the code. It didn't work when I used the numeric keypad, but did when I used the keyboard numerals. Worth a try. . .::)

13. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

I did find a solution that worked for me (perhaps it will help someone else). Follow this step by step, while you are in Windows. This also works whether it is a Magic or Mighty mouse and whether it's for W7 or XP.

1) Switch off the device you want to pair
    2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu
    3) Switch on the device (after few second it should get detected by windows)
    4) Now, right click on the device and select properties. You should now get a window with the different services.
    5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)
    6a) In windows 7 it should setup mouse and keyboard without any additional input.

I found that cure posted by S_ Eye at http://discussions.apple.com/thread....art=0&tstart=0

14. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I've been able to get both bluetooth devices working in Mac OSX and Windows 7. My issue is the following:

I boot automatically into Mac OS. If I restart my computer to hold down "option" and get into the dual boot screen, my bluetooth functionality goes out the window and I have to connect a wired mouse to select Windows 7. Once I'm booted in Windows 7 then my bluetooth devices work again.

When in Windows 7 you can choose to go back to Mac OS through the bootcamp manager and I don't need the wired mouse. Is there a similar "boot into Windows 7" option when on the Mac OS?

Anyone else have a solution to this issue? It kind of is a pain to have a bluetooth device for use, but have to keep a wired mouse on hand just to boot into a different OS.

15. aki macrumors 6502a

I always was able to get my bluetooth keyboard to work with the Option-on-boot thing, so something's up there.

But anyway to answer your question, under OSX look at the Startup Disk pref pane. That will allow you to set it to boot into your bootcamp Windows, without requiring the menu stuff.

16. Frost Ninjas macrumors newbie

Connecting Apple Mightly Mouse and Bluetooth Keyboard

I just installed Windows XP on my iMac and had the same problem as everyone else. The keyboard and mouse sort of worked, but after installing the Boot Camp software they stopped working. I Googled it, and found this forum thread. I also found this pdf:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/boot_camp_install-setup.pdf

It was from Apple on how to set up Boot Camp, so I decided to try its solution before the ones on here. On page 20 it tells how to set up the Apple Mighty Mouse and Apple keyboard. I tried it and it works perfectly, haven't had any problems so far. :D

P.S. I am using Windows XP and not Windows 7, so I'm not sure if this will work for you Windows 7 users. I just figured I would post this for you to try and anyone else that comes along with the same problem. :)

Note: I did not read the entire thread, so I apologize if this has already been posted.

17. OS X Dude macrumors 6502a

OS X Dude

I realise I'm a year late but I found a dead easy way of connecting the Mighty Mouse, even if you've linked it up in OS X beforehand.

Go to Control Panel> Devices and Printers> Add a Device. The computer will see the mouse. Right-click and select "Properties".

There is an unticked option box regarding bluetooth drivers in the box that comes up. Tick it and click OK.

All sorted, at least it worked for me :)

18. iDeving macrumors newbie

Umm, actually, my windows 7 copy requires No Product key... but both my wireless mouse and keyboard (bluetooth) worked during installation from disk... but once Bootcamp is installed, the new drivers block BT...

SO YOU USE THE ON SCREEN VIRTUAL KEYBOARD when your signing into windows if you dont have a keyboard, click on the assistant icon in corner, and select on screen keyboard.

I noticed it today ;P

19. pschlae macrumors newbie

Belkin Bluethooth

The Belkin Bluetooth adaptor seems to have some issuses with Win7.
    With a logilink bt0007 adaptor it works out of the box. Read somewhere that the Belkin adaptor has bad drivers for Win7.

20. apfelfreak32 macrumors member

apfelfreak32

I have Windows XP and I can't find a way to get my Bluetooth headphone to work with Windows :confused:

On Mac it is sooo simple... :apple:

21. siu-85, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  22. siu-85 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. That fixed my problem also. Remnants of Windows where sometimes the answers are hidden and if you can't find them you are out of luck.

23. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

Anyone else getting BSOD's with the original 3-battery, Windows 7 and Boot Camp 3.0+?

It seems once the keyboard goes to "sleep"/power save, pressing a key to wake it up causes an instant blue screen.

Uninstalling the "Apple Keyboard" driver fixes the problem, but it also removes the volume up/down, brightness, and fn functionalities.

Lousy Windows.

24. jhunt492 macrumors newbie

Success!

Perfect. Thanks so much, easy fix once you know this!

25. Huskers macrumors newbie