Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bodimac13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2021
Is there a known way to disable the sidebar on hover in full screen mode in Safari (15) on macOS 12? This feature is super annoying and I am fed up with it.

Please help if you know of a fix.

Thank you

dunchloe

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2017
No, there isn't... Ohhh, so many dum dums will not understand your question and will offer advise on how to slide the sidebar back... but they have zero idea of what we speak. Why apple forces me to engage with unnecessary clicks to reclaim my precious screen space flys in the face of what I most liked about MacOS. If I couldn't participate in apple's hostile take-over of 20% of the desktop I paid for, can't they offer to sell me my iMac for 20% off? It really really ticks me off.

Jzap van der Veen

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2021
Harderwijk, The Netherlands
No, there isn't... Ohhh, so many dum dums will not understand your question a
Maybe it is a good idea to keep in mind that everyone on this forum is here to help answer questions and not to be apporached in an extremely rude manner.

If this is the way you communicate when having a conversation in real life, well . . . .

If you want to blow off steam in the direction of Apple, please do so, but not here.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
No, there isn't... Ohhh, so many dum dums will not understand your question and will offer advise on how to slide the sidebar back... but they have zero idea of what we speak. Why apple forces me to engage with unnecessary clicks to reclaim my precious screen space flys in the face of what I most liked about MacOS. If I couldn't participate in apple's hostile take-over of 20% of the desktop I paid for, can't they offer to sell me my iMac for 20% off? It really really ticks me off.
I'm guessing you have limited human contact in your life. That attitude is shocking considering you've been here all of a hot minute.

Damian S

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2023
Maybe it is a good idea to keep in mind that everyone on this forum is here to help answer questions and not to be apporached in an extremely rude manner.

If this is the way you communicate when having a conversation in real life, well . . . .

If you want to blow off steam in the direction of Apple, please do so, but not here.
I registered here just to say that I appreciated that comment a lot.
I very much empathise with the frustration dunchloe has disclosed but you are absolutely golden with what you said. Thanks for the important reminder! I will keep your perspective in mind for the future and carry the torch onwards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.