Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssmoores

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2016
I have about 12,000 photos in the photos app on my iPhone6s. The problem is 11,000 of them are NOT in the camera roll. A little back story, I had all these pictures on my computer and synced them to my phone. They range from 10 years ago until somewhat recent and are the only copies I have. Including the only copies of my daughter's baby pictures that I have. My computer memory filled up and in an attempt to free up some memory I completely cleared everything off my computer. I'm terrified of using my phone because I don't want something to happen and lose these pictures.
I've tried downloading ifunbox but I can't find the pictures anywhere in there. I can only find the camera roll pictures. The ones I need to copy only appear in my phone under "Moments" in the photos app and nowhere else. Please help me!!!

Jetro

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2016
The first thing you should do is a complete iTunes backup of your iPhone that way if something happens you can move the same setup to another iPhone with enough storage to hold it. You can try emailing them to yourself in series to get them on another source. There's lots of ways to get them to other places. Maybe a Dropbox account if possible also.

ssmoores

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2016
The Dropbox suggestion is a good one.
I started doing that but there's so many pictures and it doesn't let me upload more than 2 or 3 at a time so it was very time consuming. I was hoping there was a faster way.
[doublepost=1464016205][/doublepost]Does it allow you to
I use iMazing to copy photos and other data from my phone to my computer. Very simple, just drag and drop: https://imazing.com
do anything without buying it? And are you able to access things on your phone that you can't access with iTunes? Like the pictures that I'm trying to copy?

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
As I understand it, iMazing gives you access to everything except areas of the phone that Apple has intentionally locked users out of. I remember it gave me access to more things before I got a new phone with iOS 9xx, I think Apple started locking the phone down more with newer versions of iOS. I don't know if it will do what you want, you will have to try it yourself.

Just look at the link I posted, especially the FAQ

https://imazing.com/faq

• Can I try iMazing for free?
    We have a free trial available. Simply download iMazing for PC or Mac here and give it a go!

• -
    What are the limitations of the trial version?
    Our trial is meant for you to preview iMazing’s many features. Everything is accessible, but we restrict the amount of items which you can transfer.

Dataset Nb of items
    Media 50
    Photos 50
    Messages 10
    Contacts 10
    Call History 5
    Notes 5
    Voicemail 1
    Voice Memos 3
    Backing up your devices is fully supported in the trial version, but restoring a backup requires you to activate your copy of iMazing.
    Backing up and restoring apps is not limited.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2016
I have a Windows 10 PC, and I just plug my iPhone in, and then Windows asks me what to do with the device. I click view files, and find where all the photos are, and then copy and paste.

Reactions: M. Gustave

Goatllama

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2015
Mountaintop Lair
I have a Windows 10 PC, and I just plug my iPhone in, and then Windows asks me what to do with the device. I click view files, and find where all the photos are, and then copy and paste.
Yeah, did this not work for some reason? Why resort to alternative applications unless necessary? (question directed at OP)

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I use Flickr. You can have it backup all the photos on your phone wth an automatic setting. 12k photos will take a while but it will do it. You can set it to work on wifi only or cellular or both.

Our data plans are large enough that I let it backup over cellular so as we take new pictures they back up. I think google might offer a similar option but we've had Flickr longer.

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
A wifi sdcard reader like a ravpower filehub has a file browser app, and will let you move files off the phone to an sdcard or usb attached hard drive.

I don't know for certain that it would 'see' your photos in this particular case, but it's cheap to try ($30 or so), and useful for other purposes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.