Help!! iPhone Limit Reached at Apple Store They Cancelled My Orders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doxielover, Nov 18, 2013.

1. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

First off I am NOT a reseller. I have a large extended family and the only one who has decent enough credit to have a high limit on my CC. Long story short I've bought a total of 5 T-mobile for family members since iPhone 5S released offering to use my CC to get the cash-back rewards then they pay me back. We travel quite a bit with our jobs so we wanted unlocked. I always buy from apple store.

I bought one for myself but decided to just keep my 4S. I sold it to a friend that wanted it. My 4S finally broke so I want to get a gold 5S for myself. Every-time it's in stock for in store pickup it gets CANCELLED by Apple. I thought it was a mistake. I got no warning or anything. I need to get myself a Tmobile unlocked phone. Is this forever? How can I get this removed? This is the email I received.

iPhone Quantity Limits Your order:

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPhone order at the Apple Online Store.

While we appreciate your interest in the iPhone, Apple is unable to fulfill orders that exceed the quantity limit per customer.

Your iPhone order has been cancelled, and you will not be charged.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.

Sincerely,

Apple Online Store Team

Answers to many Apple Online Store questions can be found at Online Help: http://store.apple.com/us/help

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So how many did you buy with that card? 5 iphones total?
    Cant you use another credit card to place an order?

3. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

I tried two other cards neither have reached their credit limit it won't work. Does this mean I will never be able to buy another iPhone from Apple Store? :(

----------

I found this now Im more worried. I got one for everyone else now I can't even get one for myself.

http://www.protocolsnow.com/2010/04...ple-store-newbie-to-lifetime-ban-in-one-week/

----------

Sorry 6 phones 3 on one CC and 3 on my Amex since launch.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird, not sure how many per customer and for how long is the buying ban.
    Maybe a year?
    Just try placing the order under someone else's name.

5. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

How do I do that it asks for Apple ID when ordering? There is a guest checkout but you have to create a new ID and put in CC info. Doesn't the Credit Card info have to match the billing info? And what about DL when picking up it would have my name on it. Please help :(

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not 100% sure just throwing suggestions.
    Maybe create a new apple ID and see if it lets you purchase more with that new one.
    Or use someone elses Apple ID and credit card and pay them cash once they charge their card for the order.

7. fedecape macrumors 6502

fedecape

Not necessarily.

Use someone else's name, but clarify that YOU will be picking it up. I believe they don't verify if the name matches the credit card's, because I have made purchases using my father's credit card and had 0 problems.

8. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

So check out as a guest, create new Apple ID, use my CC but use my Fathers name? Will this work if my name and address for billing but fathers name for the order? Will I need his address to ship even though Im picking up. It seems like I would have got some warning. I always order only one at a time.

Should I call the sales dept. to see if this can be removed? TIA

9. IndoX macrumors 6502

The block is based on the billing address. If the same billing address is used multiple times in a row the system blocks it. This is, of course, tied into your credit cards as you need to use the same address for all your credit cards otherwise they won't go through.

Use a different address - apple id and name don't matter - and the order will go through. The restriction gets removed with time and cannot be manually removed by any phone rep.

10. doxielover, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013

doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

When you say different address if I use my Dads address for billing its different then what is on my CC it won't match is that ok? No one has a CC I can use. I only have mine. All my CC's have the same address.

Any way around this? I can't believe I got one for everyone else and now I can't buy one for myself.

11. MaKidzOnYaLip macrumors newbie

One way you might be able to get around this is Changing the billing address to one of your credit cards and putting your dad's address. After its changed purchase your phone with the CC that you changed address on and select pick up in store. It seems like a hassle but it might work!:cool: And when you have your phone just change the address back

12. AFDoc, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013

AFDoc macrumors 68030

Yeah..... Why on earth do you think anyone here on a website can help you? If APPLE says it's the limit they are not all of a sudden going to change that policy simply because you posted here on MR with the hope that someone here has more pull with apple than lets say.... apple's own policy. Maybe talking to an apple employee may be a better solution to your problem? OR......

Maybe suggest to your family members they should be a bit more wise with their money so they can purchase their own phones in the future. MY suggestions for a solution to your issue.

13. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Apple almost certainly have a way around this. Since you can prove that the phones have been for family members, I'd telephone Apple and ask to speak to a senior sales manager. Explain what's happened and I'm pretty sure they will make an exception...It's better to do it honestly than try to find ways around the system.

14. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

OP....

" Large extended family and the only one who has decent enough credit ".

Stop helping those that cannot don't take care of their own credit.....

What he said above....;)

15. jimmirehman macrumors 6502

This seems kinda of dumb now that all major US carrier's version of MobileShare offer up to 10 devices per account. I have 8 Lines on my AT&T account and all of them are iPhones. But now that i type this out i realize i am paying subsidized pricing so each phone is tied to a line. the OP is buying Unlocked... hmmm... just buy them from T-Mobile!?!? Unlock them yourself. there are plenty of online resellers who sell unlocked iPhones.

16. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

Can you do cash, check, other CC? Some other method of payment?

17. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

18. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

You don't have to change the billing address. Call your credit card company and have them add another address as an alternate billing address and then you can use that address like it was your own. Problem solved.

19. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Sounds like money laundering to me...have enough cash to buy phones but no credit and they travel a lot for "work"

:confused:

20. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Call apple and ask to speak to senior advisor, then explain your situation. I'm sure they can override it.

21. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Worth a go. It is better to have your iPhone in your name for AppleCare+ and insurance purposes. If you have any, offer to email copies of documentation to show that you have transferred ownership of the previous handsets to your family member (eg. Transfer of AppleCare+.)

22. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

I don't get it maybe I missed something, if they have the money to "pay you back" that means they have the money. Why do you insisting on buying it with cc? Get some cash go down to the apple store, and there is nothing they can do to stop you...

23. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Let me get this straight. You buy the iPhone. Then your "family member" gives you money for that phone. Explain to me how this is not reselling.

At worst you're full of it and your "family members" are only visiting for a few days before returning to their home country. At best, and assuming these people really are related to you, you're enabling their irresponsible ways.

24. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Yes, you are limited, deal w/ it.

Also, I don't believe you. :cool:

25. mattbaar26 macrumors regular