Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slagathor001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
I bought a bunch of hue bulbs recently.

I put them in the entrance of my house, my bathroom, my bedroom, and another bedroom. There is a den that has no hue bulbs, but it has an Apple TV that acts as a hub.

The "other" bedroom (that has a hue bulb) has its own Apple TV that uses a separate iCloud.

What I'm trying to figure out is, how can I get this "other" bedroom and its Apple TV connected to the HomeKit so that they too can control the entrance lights, as well as their own light through HomeKit?

I know I can share my Home with them, but I believe in that case their own Apple TV wont be able to be used for Homekit, because it uses a separate iCloud account, and not my own.

This may be very simple, and I'm just not putting 2 + 2 together.

Thanks.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
You can’t. At least I don’t know of a way. Only one device can be a home hub. The other home hub capable devices, signed into the same iCloud account, will remain in stand by. You will only able to control that other light from an iOS device that’s been invited to share that new home. But you can’t control it from the tv.

Reactions: slagathor001
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.