Help with iphone 3gs jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sheyar, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Sheyar macrumors member

Hello, I'm new to this thing so please don't make fun or flame
    I have an iphone 3gs on 3.1.3 (7E18) and i think it is the new bootrom (it has MC in the beginning of its modle, but serial number is ***39***). I tried installing spirit jailbreak it worked(I guess[It restarted and cydia icon showed on the screen) didn't know what to do after that so i restored my iphone.
    So basically I need someone to assist me with this, is the spirit jail break the one I should be using? What do I do after the cydia icon appears? How do I download apps after that? and where can I find (what they call it "lmitless" apps)?

I saw a few posts by applejuiced and this guy looks like he knows what hes talkin about, so if you read this please help me..

^^ thanks in advance

2. Sheyar thread starter macrumors member

One more thing, I tried restoring my iphone like 2 days ago (there was nothing wrong, I just did it) and it gave me an error and couldn't restore it (something like the device isn't eligible for the requested build as i remember). If you could help me on that too I would be thankful.

3. andy071202 macrumors member

after a few debates about shsh blobs on file it has come to my attention that i was WRONG about it and i do aplogise to whom it concerns you know who you are
    i am very sorry for making enemies on joining this site please this was not my intention i do aplogise
    anyways back to the OP
    are you still running 3.1.3 if so
    then have a look at this it will tell you how to add sources in cydia
    and how to add installous (this is for you apps thinghy )
    also on how to install appsync 3.1 or 3.2
    its not the best video but you will get the just of it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL15us1qWQE&feature=related

also i would recommend backing up your 3.1.3 shsh blob to cydia servers as you WILL need this to downgrade back to it if you accidentlly upgrade to 4.0
    http://www.redmondpie.com/save-shsh-blobs-ecid-shsh-iphone-3.1.3-ipad-3.2-9140709/

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hey whats up bro.
    Yes, Spirit will JB your 3.1.3 3GS and install cydia.
    What are you trying to do with it again? Unlock it to use on any carrier or you just want to start installing things from Cydia?
    Just open up cydia and check out many available packages.
    Also look up the most popular JB apps installed to get an idea or stuff out there. Do a search and read alot. There's tons of things you can do to a JB iphone.
    Welcome to M.R.

6. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I can't help but get pissed off when reading these threads.
    Why do you need to jailbreak if you don't even know what benefits there are? You restored the iPhone because it was jailbroken? You wanted to jailbreak it! If Cydia is the only new thing that has changed since you've jailbroken it, don't you think that Cydia is the place to get apps? I mean, It's common sense. Why don't people think anymore? Model number has nothing to do with the bootrom on the iPhone.
    And, Applejuiced has no obligation to help you, or answer your questions. "Calling him out" by making another thread is completely out of line, and embarrassing to him and you.
    My advice to you? Sell your iPhone, immediately. This is exactly what you need.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Also when you call somebody out it pretty much keeps anybody else from wanting to help. What you asking is really basic info and can be gained by reading. Just search jailbreak 3.1.3 start reading unlock. Search best themes best apps cydia. Some are free some cost money just like iTunes. Oh yeah there are stickies at the top that provides basic info nobody likes to read them.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Don't pirate app, if you want them pay for them.

9. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Dear Lord - it's gotten really bad lately, hasn't it?

When I saw that Applejuiced was "Called Out..." - I figured we were going to have some sort of flame war. Where I live "Called Out" means you have to fight someone!

I just couldn't help but notice these being side by side :)

Attached Files:

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

We dont need any more internet fights :D

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, when I saw it, I was expecting the thread to be immediately closed, since I thought someone was complaining about one of his posts.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Again?:D

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There always is complaining.... we need more mods! I nominate -aggie- and Applejuiced for the job!

14. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Yeah - No joke. A drunk guy in my complex tried to fight me again today - reminded me of this forum.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And you and thelatinist and dhlizard.
    That would be nice but I dont see it happening any time soon :D

16. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I think it's been fun to see that the regular's have gotten so used to each other that sometimes our back and forth can be seen as actual harassment when it's actually all in good fun ... or just annoying (mostly the latter)

I agree w/ what you said. I'm actually getting a bit tired of seeing literally 5-10 postS about JB 4.0 or can I upgrade to 4.0.1.

We need a sticky that kinda just says where everything is - the jb status, the dev team tweets, why you shouldn't upgrade to 4.0.1, what and how are shsh used, etc.

Just my two cents.

17. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I nominate TeamDNA...

18. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Well, the thing is, it's not only here, just go over the iPhone General forums, it's like an insane asylum. 3 threads on the same topic, multiple "i hate x" or "i have x thing" even though issues like that have been discussed to death.

Just go over to the View Forum Leader, all the mods are logged off. Sad.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wasnt he banned or on time-out?:D

20. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

The iPhone4/Jailbreak/Antennae issues have brought a lot of new people with a lot of strong opinions - I think that's where a lot of this comes from.

Plus, the internet is just an angry place. I think you, or someone else, said it earlier - people just use forums to get their anger out.

I've personally avoided conflict at all costs because this is a community I use to gain insight and understanding - plus arguing on the internet is one of many things that I find so pointless and it just bothers me, so I avoid it just because.

I just wish people would at least try to act decently - being nice, or at least cordial, really does go a long way.

That is all - carry on

21. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

no clue - i think one of those two options. However, I would suspect that he's re-emerged a few times as other people.

Bad grammar and a sh***y attitude aren't hard to spot, are they?

22. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I though it was Time-Out. Then again, I can't check because I don't know how to search users.

Understandable. I didn't say that but I can see where the comment came from.

However, strong opinions doesn't mean we can allow them to do what they want.

23. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Agreed. We just hijacked a 3gs unlock thread. Oh well, there are 19 others.

24. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

With good reason did we hijack. However, like you said, 19 other threads exist to discuss...

25. Sheyar thread starter macrumors member

First off, how do I identify mods around here?
    Second Im new and I don't know how things go around here, but it seems that I'm not the most welcome, eh?
    Third, Applejuiced bro thanks for answering me you are the only one who actually tried to answer my question instead of trolling me..
    What are you trying to do with it again? Unlock it to use on any carrier or you just want to start installing things from Cydia?

I want to be able to download apps other than the itunes free ones, like medical dictionaries, anatomy atlases, and all these useful things for free if possible.

I take this from the other thread that has been locked:

sorry for doing that, but i tried searching didn't answer all of my questions.
    like what JB should I go for; spirit? or is there others that are better? Once I have JB my iphone what do I do next? how do I download apps? Do I need to be on the internet or could i do it when my iphone is plugged in to my pc without requiring internet from mobile?

one more thing I wanted to add: Im not in the states so no ATT and all these providers im in middle east