Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Esored89

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
So I just contacted apple via chat about other people getting their watches first even though they ordered after me and this was their response.

I totally understand how anxious you are at being right at the ordering screen during the pre order time. Please take into consideration the amount of orders that were going through at the very exact time. I know that you are very excited about your Apple Watch order and want to receive it as soon as possible. We have experienced very strong demand for the Apple Watches and we are all working to get your watch to you as quickly as possible. As soon as it is ready, we will ship your Watch as fast as possible. You will receive a shipment notification as soon as it ships and you can also check the status of your order any time by going to store.apple.com/orderstatus. It's updated in real time so you will know exactly what is going on with your order.the shipment team has a put together a plan to make sure you get your order no later than your expected delivery date. I can’t speak on other accounts but as long as your date has not passed your watch is on its way and your notifications will be updating soon.

So basically, a generic answer

Denmac1

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Lost in Space
So I just contacted apple via chat about other people getting their watches first even though they ordered after me and this was their response.

I totally understand how anxious you are at being right at the ordering screen during the pre order time. Please take into consideration the amount of orders that were going through at the very exact time. I know that you are very excited about your Apple Watch order and want to receive it as soon as possible. We have experienced very strong demand for the Apple Watches and we are all working to get your watch to you as quickly as possible. As soon as it is ready, we will ship your Watch as fast as possible. You will receive a shipment notification as soon as it ships and you can also check the status of your order any time by going to store.apple.com/orderstatus. It's updated in real time so you will know exactly what is going on with your order.the shipment team has a put together a plan to make sure you get your order no later than your expected delivery date. I can’t speak on other accounts but as long as your date has not passed your watch is on its way and your notifications will be updating soon.

I have found chat not so useful. I'm not sure what quality of people they are putting on there, but it's obvious that it's highly scripted.
I took another approach and was actually able to get in contact with a higher up in the Apple Org.
This was the second time that I have had a phone conversation with them.
He claims that the first wave people will have their product as promised by 5/8, if not sooner. This launch has totally overwhelmed them. They have senior staff working on weekends to resolve the outstanding issues.
I informed him of the forum poster that had put together the order spreadsheet and that the FIFO was not being followed. He tried to assure me that was not the case, but wanted the link to the spreadsheet so he could review it. His exact words were.."If this is the case, we need to fix it".
Once again, the conversations I have had with him led me to believe that Apple is well aware of the issues that have been created with this launch and they are in serious repair mode.
I had written to him earlier that Apple had lost a lot of credibility with the original launch time frame and he agreed that it was a serious discussion point at Apple.
Take this with a grain of salt as I know that many of us have issues with Apple's credibility at this point. I felt I was getting a fair shake with the convo that I had. If I don't have my product by 5/8, then yes, this is out the window.

Esored89

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
Well here's an update

Just got charged and my status says preparing to ship, so hopefully that's a good sign that I'll get it by Monday

josephebacon

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2011

I'm glad you got an answer because all I got was a runaround.

Putting my order in at 1203AM 4/10, getting a reply at 1207AM and seeing a whole lot of folks who ordered later getting their watches ticks me off...

Cutiekitty92

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2015
UK
Spoke to online rep and telephone about my order,
12th-26th Delivery window and both told me to keep a watch out on the status as it may well come early!! :D well I definitely have more hope now

BigCuz

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2015
i ordered the 42mm space grey on April 13th i got my email at 7:40 pm and im still in processing mode. the wait is killin ya boy!! #

Denmac1

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Lost in Space
You have same model as me and it looks like you should be ahead of me in line. Please let me know if you see a status change on your order.

Just got up and had a alert status from my bank that $$$ had been taken. Confirmed that my order is now preparing for shipment.

Hopefully yours will follow.

Looks like standard shipping, Boo!

Attachments

• Ship.jpg
    Ship.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 75

MCA11

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
Just got up and had a alert status from my bank that $$$ had been taken. Confirmed that my order is now preparing for shipment.

When did your preorder email come in?

southflguy

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2012
I think standard shipping is still overnight.

whhs162005

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
Email 12:16
SS with black sports band
So Cal
Still processing
Charge has dropped off
No email
Would have received watch tomorrow but used PayPal credit, which is not offered on app

Hey there, I did the same thing I ordered through paypal credit. Also, still processing. Just curious what do you man it is not offered on app ? Not sure I know what that means :)

vi2867

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2006
Eastvale, CA
Hey there, I did the same thing I ordered through paypal credit. Also, still processing. Just curious what do you man it is not offered on app ? Not sure I know what that means :)

Apple Store App was available for ordering at 12:01 am, but did not offer the option to pay with paypal credit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.