Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you be interested in a smaller iPhone in 2019, silmilar to iPhone XR but in a smaller case?

• I would be interested in that.

Votes: 84 75.0%
  • No, that would not catch my interest.

Votes: 28 25.0%

• Total voters

iTarbuck

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
I’m the general public and have known this for two years and never even owned an Apple product until 9 months ago. It brought back a beloved design with great specs which is why it was called that I assume. Many products have received “special editions” in my lifetime. Just because you’ve never heard of it doesn’t make it stupid.

I would buy one just for the fun of it, if an XR is £749 i would like to see the new SE at £399?

what about you guys? also, i think face ID would be cool on such a compact device

Rebel22

Suspended
Feb 14, 2019
Updating the SE size in 2019 makes no sense. Don’t pull your pitchforks out until Apple can put 5G modems in this device, because if they update this size iPhone this year, then it will severally lag behind the competition by fall 2020. Unless they updated this size in back to back years, which I don’t foresee them doing

Last edited:

paffko

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2018
  • 4.3" edge-to-edge LCD display. Similar size/form factor to current SE but with no bezels.
  • Face ID
  • A11 Bionic
  • 3GB RAM
  • Limited colors (to improve production costs): Space Grey or Silver
  • 64GB or 128GB storage
  • 12MP rear/7MP front camera (same as iPhone X)
I like your list, just add in USB-C so that I can use the same charger as the iPad Pro 12.9. I think that all Apple iOS devices will be shifting over to USB-C during 2019.

Plus Dual SIM camera...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.