Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Nice! So you're running the beta? I really want to try the public beta but I'm afraid to on my main machine as I count on it so much....

I was but had to move back to Ventura. If you want to try it out, put it in a separate partition and run it from there.

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
Is there a Files widget? I know I can do this with a finder window, but if they implement a Sonoma enhanced version of of Files to represent a finder window, that would be cool too.

lordthistle

macrumors 6502
Feb 29, 2008
Italy
Am I the only one who thinks that the old dashboard has been the best implementation so far? Using the dashboard you could have both a clean desktop and usable widgets. The current implementation allows you to use widgets, but you pay that with an incredibly messy desktop.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
Am I the only one who thinks that the old dashboard has been the best implementation so far? Using the dashboard you could have both a clean desktop and usable widgets. The current implementation allows you to use widgets, but you pay that with an incredibly messy desktop.
I’m guessing that you can have separate desktops (spaces) with their own widgets if you choose.

Cunir

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2021
Am I going a bit daft or is there really no music widget. They've got a podcast one, but I still have to use the control centre for songs

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

No. Podcasters Jason Snell and Stephen Hackett both agree with you.

Reactions: AndiG

therunningman

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2017
I’m guessing that you can have separate desktops (spaces) with their own widgets if you choose.
I liked DashBoard, too. It was clean and out of the way when you didn't want it, and right there when you did. Having a separate space is a kind of compromise, but still not as clean as a keystroke to see all your widgets (and many of those widgets in Dashboard were interactive from the get-go...I used to have a nifty subnet calculator that I could get to from anywhere).

Reactions: Morod

Damian83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
You're wrong! Tim knows well what's better for u!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.