Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tweaknmod

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
What about lenses for those who wear glasses? I guess they just see a blurry version....?
“If you wear glasses for vision correction, you may need to purchase ZEISS Optical Inserts. They magnetically attach to Apple Vision Pro to provide precise viewing for those who need glasses or certain contacts.” Source

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
Apple recommends a $200 light seal for a guest?

That has to be a joke.

This must be a V1 issue. As there is no way the longterm strategy is 1 AVP per household member.

DarthDon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2020
The pricing is unrelated to its lack of multi-user capabilities.

I’m not defending Apple here. I’m saying you should know better than to expect anything else from Apple.
Maybe Apple expects you to donate the second liver as well, so that you can buy another device.

macmedal

macrumors regular
May 17, 2008
Britannia
In Apples eyes if you can afford to buy the device at $3500, then you can afford to buy any accessory to go with it at the extortionate price they usually charge. Just remember the $999 for a Pro Stand or the $699 for the Pro Mac wheels. The more expensive the item, the more expensive the accessory, so it should be no surprise that they are charging premium prices.

Reactions: gusmula

chinesedemo

Cancelled
Oct 16, 2011
Everyone should have their own light seals in case they would ever want to test drive someone’s Vision Pro.

rumplestiltskin

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2006
Perhaps I'm just too old for this drek. This product is, IMHO, the stupidest POS waste-of-money on the planet. Just can't wait to see some doze wearing this while letting his Tesla auto-drive him into oblivion.

Then again, maybe Tim totally bought into Jony Ive's no physical user input philosophy. The Vision Pro certainly accomplishes that.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Keep a hold of the device at all times… remember, that battery cable can also be wrapped around your wrist several times and the battery itself can be used as an anchor by lodging it between two boulders while they try on you AVP…

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
And like everything else there will be knockoffs available for $30-40 on Amazon. Why are you complaining every day about a device you don't want to ever buy? What's the point?
And those knockoffs will have chemicals leaching out…. Im sure part of their quality control at Apple is selecting a long lasting and safe material. Its horrendous what some sellers on various sites will provide you… with no consideration for your long term safety.

mgz

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
It's absolute lunacy that this is a $3500 device and it doesn't have official multi-user capability.

Why didn't they just have these things run MacOS? The hardware is capable, yet they've basically crippled the devices with a less capable OS which can't even handle multiple users.
I'm also pissed that it's not shipping with multi user, however, in no way shape or form should this thing be running macOS... it's an entirely new paradigm of computing, why saddle it with a desktop OS just to get multiuser?

tvOS supports multiple users, you don't need a desktop OS to add such a feature... Everyone pissed about this should go to Apple Feedback and let 'er rip...

bejib66000

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2022
Tim: Instead of buying the add-on seal why not just get an AVP for each of the family.

We think they’re going to love it!
Same applies to the iPad. It has been almost 14 years, yet they have not implemented a feature to share an iPad with friends or family members.

Reactions: TVreporter

bejib66000

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2022
Perhaps I'm just too old for this drek. This product is, IMHO, the stupidest POS waste-of-money on the planet. Just can't wait to see some doze wearing this while letting his Tesla auto-drive him into oblivion.

Then again, maybe Tim totally bought into Jony Ive's no physical user input philosophy. The Vision Pro certainly accomplishes that.
Yep. Without VR games it's basically useless.

Reactions: gusmula

maxoakland

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2021
I never imagined it would be so complicated. Maybe Apple should've waited 10 years to release this, when things are (hopefully) less kludgy

Reactions: DarthDon

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
I never imagined it would be so complicated. Maybe Apple should've waited 10 years to release this, when things are (hopefully) less kludgy

So much for the dead slogan, "It Just Works".

They can’t just wait 10 years. What’s going to change in ten years if no one works on it now? Nothing. No product is ever done, especially without public feedback. Eventually you have to ship something.

I agree it’s a bit un-Apple-like for a product release. But Steve is gone. We’ll never see anything like that again.

I think it’s fair enough for a first shot. What they should really be judged on is where it goes from here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.