Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AntonioP

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2022
I'm gonna post here since I'm more likely to get a reply from someone who owns one. Does anybody know what the minimum wriste size should be to get a tight fit with the jumping tour bands? I got an extra hole in my Hermès leather band because I have 165mm wrists and I don't like a loose fit. I'm now wondering if I'd regret purchasing a nylon band that I cannot possibly adjust

anthony8400

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2008
Frankfurt, Germany
I'm gonna post here since I'm more likely to get a reply from someone who owns one. Does anybody know what the minimum wriste size should be to get a tight fit with the jumping tour bands? I got an extra hole in my Hermès leather band because I have 165mm wrists and I don't like a loose fit. I'm now wondering if I'd regret purchasing a nylon band that I cannot possibly adjust
I am in the same boat like you. I also have 165mm wrists and my nylon band is a bit loose - especially in cold weather. It's not spinning around though, just a bit loose.
I can put my finger between my wrist and the band when wearing it; so that would be about half a cm I guess?
Personally I can live with it, but that's a decision you will need to make for yourself.

AntonioP

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2022
I am in the same boat like you. I also have 165mm wrists and my nylon band is a bit loose - especially in cold weather. It's not spinning around though, just a bit loose.
I can put my finger between my wrist and the band when wearing it; so that would be about half a cm I guess?
Personally I can live with it, but that's a decision you will need to make for yourself.
Thanks, so they do indeed tend to fit looser than the leather ones. I could probably still wear it a couple of cm above my wristbone and get a tight fit. Is that something you've tried?

anthony8400

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2008
Frankfurt, Germany
This is how I wear it and how it looks like.
Nothing too bad though.

Attachments

• 49EC69B3-9796-4C3D-9C0C-DCDBD018111D.jpeg
    49EC69B3-9796-4C3D-9C0C-DCDBD018111D.jpeg
    702.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 06CCD051-D2CE-4960-92F2-FA755A35CCAF.jpeg
    06CCD051-D2CE-4960-92F2-FA755A35CCAF.jpeg
    944.9 KB · Views: 144
  • BA858EDE-68A4-49E1-AAB8-C3F93D52D494.jpeg
    BA858EDE-68A4-49E1-AAB8-C3F93D52D494.jpeg
    876.9 KB · Views: 144

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
Are the new Hermes non leather (nylon) bands the same material as the Jumping bands. Are they thinner? I am not talking about color differences. I am only interested in material differences, if any. Thanks. If you have the new one, do you like it?

BuckeyeMamaw

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2020
Are the new Hermes non leather (nylon) bands the same material as the Jumping bands. Are they thinner? I am not talking about color differences. I am only interested in material differences, if any. Thanks. If you have the new one, do you like it?
I have the new Rose Azalee/Noir. It feels the same as my Jumping bands, but the new band is slightly thicker and a tad more sturdy, imo.

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Just looking at the product photos the sides of the new bands have a different weave and look thicker.

Reactions: moyjoy

moyjoy

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2019
New York
I purchased a previous jumping band and returned it because it felt too stiff, especially along the edges. I took a chance on the new one and the edges are smoother and more tapered. It feels less sporty as well.

Reactions: LucylouZ

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
This is how I wear it and how it looks like.
Nothing too bad though.
Is your strap the S/M or the M/L?

I think you could wear it a bit higher up the arm, if you like. I personally like it higher up so the strap doesn't get wet at all when washing hands. Wearing long sleeves is a little more inconvenient though.

anthony8400

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2008
Frankfurt, Germany
Is your strap the S/M or the M/L?

I think you could wear it a bit higher up the arm, if you like. I personally like it higher up so the strap doesn't get wet at all when washing hands. Wearing long sleeves is a little more inconvenient though.
This is the Jumping for the 45mm, hence no separate sizing. With the sports band I’m usually wearing an S/M and I’m using it somewhere in the middle or one more than that depending sports and weather conditions.
It’s already above the wrist bone, i personally don’t like it higher.

fdw777

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Love the Space Black with Noir band. I’m deciding whether I should wait until September for the 9 or pull the trigger now and return the Ultra? Any suggestion???

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Love the Space Black with Noir band. I’m deciding whether I should wait until September for the 9 or pull the trigger now and return the Ultra? Any suggestion???
That's a tough call since we don't know what improvements the S9 will have. The advantage of getting a Hermes now is if you are willing to get a used one. You can get a used S7 or S8 and save several hundred dollars. You could save almost enough to keep the Ultra. 😎

anthony8400

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2008
Frankfurt, Germany
I’d go for the space black - I have the space black so I might be biased of course :D
I would not buy the Ultra because it’s too massive for me - and it’s too sporty (and I’d miss the Hermes watch faces, I really love them); but that’s just me
But as dmccombs said, I’d you buy a used one, it’d make the decision way easier.
That’s actually exactly what I did - I bought a Series 7 Space Black when the Series 8 got released. Saved 35% Off the retail price and it even came with three years of AppleCare+

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Also, it's a relatively safe bet to buy a Space Black Watch used as the black DLC (diamond-like coating) is the toughest surface of any Apple Watch. They usually look like new, even after years of wearing. The only thing that seems to scratch those things are the Space Black Milanese Loops (which also have that DLC).

AntonioP

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2022
IMG_1448.jpeg
I finally found a blue sapphire/orange for sale but it doesn't look all that great. I'm concerned about the stitching coming off at the bottom end and I'm not sure washing it with soap and a toothbrush would improve the overall appearance. What do you guys think? Is it as bad as it seems to be?

Attachments

• IMG_1447.jpeg
    IMG_1447.jpeg
    543.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1446.jpeg
    IMG_1446.jpeg
    556.6 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: AppleKarma

fdw777

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
I’d go for the space black - I have the space black so I might be biased of course :D
I would not buy the Ultra because it’s too massive for me - and it’s too sporty (and I’d miss the Hermes watch faces, I really love them); but that’s just me
But as dmccombs said, I’d you buy a used one, it’d make the decision way easier.
That’s actually exactly what I did - I bought a Series 7 Space Black when the Series 8 got released. Saved 35% Off the retail price and it even came with three years of AppleCare+
Where did you snag that gem from at 35% of? Yes, Space Black is gorgeous!

BuckeyeMamaw

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2020
View attachment 2175755 I finally found a blue sapphire/orange for sale but it doesn't look all that great. I'm concerned about the stitching coming off at the bottom end and I'm not sure washing it with soap and a toothbrush would improve the overall appearance. What do you guys think? Is it as bad as it seems to be?
View attachment 2175755 I finally found a blue sapphire/orange for sale but it doesn't look all that great. I'm concerned about the stitching coming off at the bottom end and I'm not sure washing it with soap and a toothbrush would improve the overall appearance. What do you guys think? Is it as bad as it seems to be?
If it were me, I would pass on it. I’d keep saving my money and then look for one in a little better condition.

Reactions: JanoschR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.