Heroes, Volume Two

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furcalchick, Sep 23, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

the next volume, generations, starts tomorrow night. don't know too much about this year's premise as i've only seen one preview.

2. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

There are sooo many tv shows that i am watching that i missed when Heroes was going to air. Thanks a million for reminding me.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm in the opposite, I watch so little TV that I miss adverts for upcoming shows (doesn't help that Heroes 2 isn't on in the UK for a while :p ).

4. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the reminder :)

Ahh now I gotta find somewhere where I can get NBC's signal so I can record via mintv hd :p

5. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

show starts in about 15 minutes. it should be exciting to see what trouble our heroes encounter this year.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Channel 7 are riding the "
    fast-track" bandwagon at the moment so we're only going to be a week behind now instead of months.

It's awesome.

7. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

God I hate HDTV when the signal is bad it's completely unwatchable.

Oh, I get it, Hiro is his own hero

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I will try to stick with Heroes, at least until 24 starts back up.:)

Looks like Clare made new friends.:p

9. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

whoa!!!

i was pretty surprised at what they have done to start season two with a bang. some quick thoughts.

clare has a new friend, wes. is this peter? or is the guy we saw at the end peter? or did they split into two halves? absorption of jessica's power?

what's with maya? looks like she can mess with the brain pretty easily. and sounds like chandra's book got translated into spanish.

sounds like hiro's hero is a fraud from england...hmm. how is all that going to change history?

is angela and mr. nakuarma's killer the same person from molly's dreams? is this the person that can see molly? it looks like he can really mess with a person's head.

and speaking of molly, looks like she was taken in by a divorced matt parkman and mohinder in new york. and matt finally made detective in new york after getting the boot in la.

nathan turned into some sort of bauer like man (seems like he has a similar story to jack post season one). total bum now.

and why is noah working in paper AGAIN? didn't that go wrong the last time we saw this? but at least he's working with mohinder to get rid of the company.

didn't see the sanders, but i'm sure they will be on next week.

that's all for now.

10. zflauaus macrumors 65816

This is only the second episode of Heroes I watched (only one episode of season one sadly) and I must say I liked it. It wasn't too hard to jump into, but I really need to rent or buy season one to get the other info.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

NBC is coming out swinging this season.....the chuck show was cool, Heros once again great and this new journey man is cool too....reminds me of quantum leap...without al and ziggy.

Bless

12. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

What little I saw of chuck looked like crap, but Journeyman was good. Although was hoping for a more depressing twist like he couldn't go back to his normal life. I assume the same thing happened to his not so dead ex.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm liking this a lot. What a great season premiere. I hope they keep up the good work.

14. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I was thinking it was clair's half brother. He has Nathans flying ability.

He seemed to know what she was all about. I don' think she figured it out though. Might be why her father chose that town to move to.

15. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

So..... what's up with Nathan. How is he hiding what he saw in the mirror? Or was that supposed to be psychological?

16. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

both of claire's half-brothers are little kids (like micah's age or younger). i'm thinking it's possibly peter's 'jessica'. think about it, he may have absorbed jessica's power during the exploding man fight at the end of season one (a power which is still in question, but could create split personalities). he seems so calm all day, then suddenly pops out in ireland. he could be blacking out like niki did in the early parts of last year.

and speaking of nathan, eww, gross. can you say jack bauer? his wife and kids have left him, and it looks like he was probably assumed dead...

and there's little doubt now that mr and angela patrelli and mr. nakurmra have some sort of ability. is this the person molly was seeing? was this person maya?

17. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I'm not thinking so. They are portraying Maya very sympathetically as far as her inability to control her power and her current inability to reconcile her ability with her faith, which doesn't exactly reconcile with what little we know about "The Watcher".

18. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

another idea: wes is zach. kinda crazy, although more likely than nathan. last we saw of him, he was looking at himself crazy, probably from bomb radiation either in his head or physical damage done or going to be done to him. or wes could be some creepy guy hired to watch claire. too early to tell.

and i don't think this shanti virus is going away. i think it's going to be the focal point as the season goes on, just as mohinder's first speech in the pilot set the course for a major plot-line last year. we're going to see some of the main characters infected.

19. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

If Wes isn't someone related to Claire, then it's likely that Wes is Sylar (he's had four months to acquire some new skills).

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Warning, some potential spoilers.

I hope it's neither of those. They seem to be making him into a boyfriend for her, which is what I've seen posted elsewhere. If it's one of those, that would just be wrong. Misdirection I think.

According to the online comic, is far worse than that.

It's been rumored that Hiro takes over and pretends to be him. He's his own hero. The other guy is supposed to be an immortal. Who BTW...

(invisotext on)... might be the killer of Mr. Nakamura. Yeah, I've heard rumors it's the same guy. Could be a misdirection as well.

He's gotta do something. Plus, it's a good plot device. Though I don't see how he'd be able to afford a nice house in CA on that salary. :p Must've had plenty of money tucked away for a rainy day. Or lots of insurance from the old place. Be a bit easy to trace though.

21. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Isn't Journeyman just Quantum Leap redone?

Hero's new season started and the one item that stood out is the symbol - on the sword, on the pictures, in molly's drawings and around Peter's neck at the end. What is that all about?

THe other strange item was Nathan's mirror face...scarred in reality and somehow he masks it? or just a vision?

I don't know who hoodie was - any thoughts?

22. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I thought the immortal {invisi on} was supposed to be Irish, not English. That said, all the Irish accents were shiite, so let's hope it's the English guy.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I think hoodie was Peter. Just my suspicion.

25. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Couldn't be. Unless he's physically split himself the way Jessica mentally does, but otherwise he's an amnesiac in Ireland (maybe that Irish guy is immortal too, IDK) in a crate that was supposed to be full of iPods. Anybody else catch that reference BTW? Thought it was funny.